Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, how can anyone laugh and joke about anything to do with an event where 2 people died in tragic circumstances and know what happened to their bodies.
At the time the 60 minutes programme came out, no one except GL knew what happened to Russell and Carols bodies.

Plenty of people use dark humour even if something bad has happened to someone.
People are more likely to use it when they don't know the people who some misfortune has come to.
It's also a way of comforting yourself that something like that could never happen to you.

Also the judge said it was hysterical laughter.
After seeing the vehicle on 60 minutes, maybe GLs wife had the fear that her husband may have been involved, and the hysterical laugh was out of fear that it may be true.

Last edited:
There seems to be a few references to Tassie, in back stories about him. It is something I have noticed. Maybe he comes from Tassie. Although it could be that his first wife came from Tassie, and he didn't (or also did), and hence the references.

This article says that he had been a pilot since his 20s. And in periods of unemployment worked as an asparagus picker, and as a Tassie river guide. Link

And this paywalled article speaks of a rafting trip down the Franklin River in Tassie (maybe when he was a river guide). Link

And his first wife's mum spoke of travelling from Tassie to Victoria to be with Lisa when she was trying to leave Lynn. Link
Lisa was born in Wynyard Tasmania.
I think GL moved to Tassie for work but was not born there.

Total nonsense and yet another lie.

Why then was he a member of the Melbourne International Shooting Club in Port Melbourne and the exclusive Little River Raiders gun club and have all these guns at home?

a) 1x .45 Automatic 'Shooters Arms' model 1911A1 Semi-Automatic Pistol with 10x Magazines

b) 1x .45 Long Colt Calibre 'Ruger' Model New Vaquera 6 Shot Revolver S/N 513-33691

c) 1x .45 long Colt Calibre 'Ruger' Model New Vaquera 6 Shot Revolver S/N 513-33920

d) 1x 308 Winchester Calibre 'Oceania Precision' Model SP25-TAC Semi-Automatic Rifle S/N SPT00038 and 1 Magazine

e) 1x 12 Gauge 'Barathrum Arms' Model S/P 12 Semi-Automatic Shotgun S/N FXF2839

f) 1x 12 Gauge ER 'Amantino' Model A-680 (Boito) Side by Side Shotgun S/N C873299-18

g) 1x 357 Magnum Calibre 'Chiappa Arms' Lever Action Rifle S/N 16E03954

h) 1x 45 Long Colt Winchester Leaver Action Rifle

The only time he tells the truth is when he knows LE has evidence to prove he's a liar.

You can be a member of those clubs and not hunt. The lever actions are not hunting rifles per se more for larpers who join those clubs specifically. Same with the pistols, he needs to be part of club to own them and I’m pretty sure needs to be registered for competitions.

As for the SP25 TAC by Oceania that’s not a semiautomatic. It’s a straight pull bolt action centre fire rifle. I also don’t see on the list his Ruger American rifle that he was hunting with on the day. Where did you get this list if you don’t mind me asking?

I find that hard to believe myself. If you are going to hunt and kill deer then you have to have plans for dealing with the carcass. It needs to be buried or butchered (on site or offsite).

Butchering involves a bunch of hygiene requirements.
Cmon he had his used work gloves from kindly picking up passenger rubbish on planes to help the hosties remember, how much more hygiene could you want!?

since training to become a pilot isn’t exactly cheap I'm curious as to how he managed it.

I was thinking that maybe he trained to be a pilot in the air force. He may come from a typical middle class background, joined the air force, and did his pilot's training there.

Joining the services can be a good way for people to get trained in things they usually couldn't afford to do.
I know a woman who joined the services (in the US) and trained to be a doctor. Did about 8 years with their army, and has been in private practise ever since then.

Last edited:
His "I've painted my car many times - it was just normal" spoke volumes to me. I'm not a car buff but I would say it's extremely unusual to paint your own car with a tin of paint and a roller. Avoiding detection I'd say. I wonder how many times he painted is car? And when?

He often uses the word "stalking" - I believe he was and had previously stalked people not deer. My opinion only.

Last edited:
I have been searching Trove, and have found absolutely nothing about him. I am beginning to wonder if he changed his name at some point.

Could have been orphaned or removed from his birth home, then fostered or institutionalised. Just some possibilities that could keep his childhood name and background confidential.

And it might explain why there appeared to be no birth family supporting him through the trial.

imo

Good luck with that quest. There doesn't seem to be much online about him. My guess is that the various MSM crime reporters will be working on the same thing.
thanks, and there is basically zilch.

I did find this though which I thought was interesting. GL applied for and was granted probate to L's Estate in 2000. Amount $12,000 approx.

THE AGE - LAW NOTICES - 27 JUL 2000
RE: LISA MAREE LYNN
TAKE NOTICE that GREGORY
STUART LYNN the husband of Lisa
Maree Lynn deceased late of 11 Zig
Zag Road, Mount Macedon Victoria
Flight Attendant will 14 days after
publication of this advertisement
apply to the Supreme Court of
Victoria for a Grant of
Administration of the estate of the
deceased upon Intestacy there