Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The loud music is a weird detail. I don’t reckon you’d risk including it unless loud music had played at some point, because Lynn knew he had seen other folk around. But the fact that Lynn couldn’t say what the music was made me suspicious, he just said it was “the most annoying” music he could think of.Theres no way he wouldn’t remember. How did he play it with no phone reception? Did he have it downloaded in which case his phone would record the song; or does he still have a CD player ?!

Someone (I forget who sorry!) wondered if it might have been R &C who played the music. And GL just incorporated it into his story.

I also agree with the suggestion that it was played to mask other bad behaviour and s cg over an element of surprise.

Pretty sure I read he grew up in NSW then joined the cadets
Just wondering Sir_Loin….as it was mentioned GL was tight with $$ any idea how much the cache of guns/rifles would be worth?

Or he may have changed his name after he hit the headlines for some bad act when he was younger. That wouldn't surprise me. After all, we do know that he changed his car colour.

I guess my only thought about that is that he likely would not have got into the airforce, or got a pilot's license, if that was the case.

Apparently, name changes are lodged with the Births, Deaths, and Marriages register - so it is a permanent record. And you don't change your tax file number, just the name is changed on the tax file number.

Law enforcement, govt bodies (like CASA), and courts can access the name change record. But the public cannot.
So, if he had committed some heinous crime and then changed his name, when younger, that should have interfered with him gaining or retaining a pilots license.

(As per Quora)

imo

You can be a member of those clubs and not hunt. The lever actions are not hunting rifles per se more for larpers who join those clubs specifically. Same with the pistols, he needs to be part of club to own them and I’m pretty sure needs to be registered for competitions.

As for the SP25 TAC by Oceania that’s not a semiautomatic. It’s a straight pull bolt action centre fire rifle. I also don’t see on the list his Ruger American rifle that he was hunting with on the day. Where did you get this list if you don’t mind me asking?

The list is on another subject-matter site called enoughgun.com.

Evidently, someone has access to the National Firearms Register.

imo

Last edited:
I guess my only thought about that is that he likely would not have got into the airforce, or got a pilot's license, if that was the case.

Apparently, name changes are lodged with the Births, Deaths, and Marriages register - so it is a permanent record. And you don't change your tax file number, just the name is changed on the tax file number.

Law enforcement, govt bodies (like CASA), and courts can access the name change record. But the public cannot.
So, if he had committed some heinous crime and then changed his name, when younger, that should have interfered with him gaining or retaining a pilots license.

(As per Quora)

imo
Agreed and ASIC cards, which you need to have to get onto airport runways and to fly aeroplanes, are hard to get. They are very thorough in their issuing screening and a police check is part of the process. The cards need to be updated every 2 years. So there is an ongoing scrutiny of card holders.

Roughly, what kind of wage would GL have been on?

Pilot Salaries
First Officer Level 1 Salary - AUD $127,930 + Allowances.

Increases on 1 July 2024 to AUD $131,768 + Allowances.

Pilot Salaries
First Officer Level 1 Salary - AUD $127,930 + Allowances.

Increases on 1 July 2024 to AUD $131,768 + Allowances.

That is not as much as I thought it would be, even for a first year starting out

Agreed and ASIC cards, which you need to have to get onto airport runways and to fly aeroplanes, are hard to get. They are very thorough in their issuing screening and a police check is part of the process. The cards need to be updated every 2 years. So there is an ongoing scrutiny of card holders.

Not really, I had an MSIC for years working offshore and there's plenty of dodgy as people working with them. You don't even supply your fingerprints for MSIC/ASIC.

Not really, I had an MSIC for years working offshore and there's plenty of dodgy as people working with them. You don't even supply your fingerprints for MSIC/ASIC.
I'm not familiar with the MSIC marine card but ASICs are not easy to get. I've had ASICs for about 25 years and it is a pain in the arse process every 2 years when you renew them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24
Back