Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No come on mate. You made a very clear and unequivocal statement that Dann has a likely legal hold on GL’s assets.

You do this all the time. I’m happy to be proven wrong but please provide the factual basis of your claims. What is the likely hold that Dann has on Lynn’s assets?

And you well know that the house is registered in one person’s name only and subject to a caveat registered by the state.
A property can be reigistered in more than one persons name. It can have any number of caveats on it.

There was some talk of a transfer.

Dan is very good. And very expensive.

Before representing Lynn he would have to had to ensure that Lynn had the resources to pay his fees and there would be legally enforceable contracts drawn to protect his pay day.

Not sure what that looks like. But the house would be a significant asset - even if only 50% is in his name.
Superannuation would hold considerable funds.

A property can be reigistered in more than one persons name.

It can be, but Lynn's wife became sole owner within weeks of Lynn's arrest. Lynn gave up any part of his ownership to her.

High Country killer Greg Lynn attacked in prison; His $1m Caroline Springs home is in jeopardy

It would be interesting to know when Dermot Dann became a preferred Legal Aid barrister. If he did that just to represent Greg Lynn and be paid by Legal Aid. And that was part of the "battle with various entities" that Dann described in court.

There was some talk of a transfer.

Dan is very good. And very expensive.

Before representing Lynn he would have to had to ensure that Lynn had the resources to pay his fees and there would be legally enforceable contracts drawn to protect his pay day.

Not sure what that looks like. But the house would be a significant asset - even if only 50% is in his name.
Maybe ML took steps to ensure that her & the children’s home wasn’t compromised by his alleged ‘misdemeanours’. ..
Perhaps that caused the holdup due to finances & led to him gaining Legal Aid support, still by Dann ! Handy…

As per my previous suggestion- surely ML sought her own legal advice as to what options were available for her protection.
IMO, she saw the appeals on TV, she’s recognised her husband’s vehicle, she knew he was away at that time, she knew he changed colour of said vehicle, she knew he offloaded the trailer - all that alone would’ve had me ‘thinking’.

Then he was Charged with their Murder. OMG ! I personally would’ve been betwix & between. I’d want to believe my husband, but I also have a brain . and people to protect no matter the outcome.
What a dreadful situation to find yourself in. How do you reconcile this with the person you’ve loved & who’s the father of these children. How do you help those children cope with ‘Him’, while trying to manage your own sanity.

The pain & fallout from Lynn’s actions knows no boundaries, and I pray for all those impacted. I hope they can find some solace, and focus on good memories with their respective families.

Goodness knows the extent of GL’s past behaviours, but I’m grateful that it’s finally now curtailed.

Sorry I should have been more clear. The title for the house is registered in one name and the state has registered a caveat. No other caveats have been registered.

GL is not a registered interest on the title. Nor is Dann. Does this help?
Are you aware of the date the State registered this interest?

Could the caveat have been registered due to the details in the LEAP report first becoming known to police investigators in 2020?

I understand LEAP refers to Law Enforcement Assistance Programme which may be connected to the historic record connected to the 1999 LL's death as there is detail of LEAP discussion around this in documents available on Austlii re the pretrial legal wrangling re permitted evidence to be put to GL's yrial re the deaths of RH and CC.

If an appeal is launched can this caveat be extended?

Edited https://www.ibac.vic.gov.au/media/437/download

If you search this doc you will see description of acronym LEAP.

LEAP is a database in Vicpolice that holds ALL records of ANY interaction an individual has with Victoria Police.

Last edited:
Are you aware of the date the State registered this interest?

Could the caveat have been registered due to the details in the LEAP report first becoming known to police investigators in 2020?

I understand LEAP refers to Law Enforcement Assistance Programme which may be connected to the historic record connected to the 1999 LL's death as there is detail of LEAP discussion around this in documents available on Austlii re the pretrial legal wrangling re permitted evidence to be put to GL's yrial re the deaths of RH and CC.

If an appeal is launched can this caveat be extended?

Edited https://www.ibac.vic.gov.au/media/437/download

If you search this doc you will see description of acronym LEAP.

LEAP is a database in Vicpolice that holds ALL records of ANY interaction an individual has with Victoria Police.

I’m aware of LEAP. It’s not a public database. If you want to know what’s in there relating to you you’ll need to submit a FOI request. Good luck.

In terms of the timeline on the family home there’s another very well informed poster on another forum that stepped this out.

Without butchering it because I can’t be bothered trawling through the thread the property was transferred to sole proprietorship in early 2022. The state registered their caveat late 2022. From memory. Could be wrong.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Missing camper killer Greg Lynn gets powerful prison job, cell with a view​

July 19, 2024 - 5:00AM Aneeka Simonis
High country killer Greg Lynn has jostled his way into a powerful jailhouse job and secured himself a quiet corner cell – but prison sources say he’s also put a bullseye on his back.

True Crime Australia Police & Courts Victoria
Former Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn may be a cold-blooded killer himself, but he doesn’t mix with others killers.
Fresh new details about Lynn’s life behind bars have emerged following his double murder trial, including how he has wielded control over prison staff and peers but remains vulnerable to attack.
Days after he was convicted of the murder of Carol Clay, 73, and acquitted of the murder of her lover Russell Hill, 74, in June, Lynn was “*advertiser censored*-bombed” by rival detainees in the prison yard.

A clearer picture has since emerged of why Lynn was attacked inside the maximum-security Melbourne Assessment Prison.
A prison source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said Lynn has refused to align with criminal networks on the inside, placing a target on his back.

“Lynn does not show normal traits of a run of the mill prisoner,” the prison source said.

“He is aloof, arrogant and entitled and the other prisoners do not like him.
“He is not part of any criminal network which is why he is isolated and why he was attacked.”

Another reason he is disliked by his prison foes is due to the power he has over them.

The prison source said that Lynn demanded the head billets job within his prison unit.
READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

Last edited:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Missing camper killer Greg Lynn gets powerful prison job, cell with a view​

July 19, 2024 - 5:00AM Aneeka Simonis
High country killer Greg Lynn has jostled his way into a powerful jailhouse job and secured himself a quiet corner cell – but prison sources say he’s also put a bullseye on his back.

True Crime Australia Police & Courts Victoria
Former Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn may be a cold-blooded killer himself, but he doesn’t mix with others killers.
Fresh new details about Lynn’s life behind bars have emerged following his double murder trial, including how he has wielded control over prison staff and peers but remains vulnerable to attack.
Days after he was convicted of the murder of Carol Clay, 73, and acquitted of the murder of her lover Russell Hill, 74, in June, Lynn was “*advertiser censored*-bombed” by rival detainees in the prison yard.

A clearer picture has since emerged of why Lynn was attacked inside the maximum-security Melbourne Assessment Prison.
A prison source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said Lynn has refused to align with criminal networks on the inside, placing a target on his back.

“Lynn does not show normal traits of a run of the mill prisoner,” the prison source said.

“He is aloof, arrogant and entitled and the other prisoners do not like him.
“He is not part of any criminal network which is why he is isolated and why he was attacked.”

Another reason he is disliked by his prison foes is due to the power he has over them.

The prison source said that Lynn demanded the head billets job within his prison unit.
READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

I don't think he will remain in that prison though - even though he got himself the head billet's job (for now).
He is currently in the Melbourne Assessment Prison.

I think that once he is sentenced he gets moved to a different unit? Then there will be a different head billet in the Melbourne Assessment Prison. It could be a revolving job - passed from person to person as they go through the Assessment Prison.

imo

Last edited:
I don't think he will remain in that prison though - even though he got himself the head billet's job (for now).
He is currently in the Melbourne Assessment Prison.

I think that once he is sentenced he gets moved to a different unit? Then there will be a different head billet in the Melbourne Assessment Prison. It could be a revolving job - passed from person to person as they go through the Assessment Prison.

imo
Okay, I'll ask, what does a 'head billet's' job mean?

Okay, I'll ask, what does a 'head billet's' job mean?
I'll answer my own question:
The former Jetstar pilot and missing camper killer demanded the head billets job within his prison unit – “the plum job” – and got “one of the quietist cells in the prison”, a prison source exclusively told the Herald Sun.

The source said it means Lynn runs the food line and directs the other billets to do work.

I'll answer my own question:
The former Jetstar pilot and missing camper killer demanded the head billets job within his prison unit – “the plum job” – and got “one of the quietist cells in the prison”, a prison source exclusively told the Herald Sun.

The source said it means Lynn runs the food line and directs the other billets to do work.
The article goes on to say.....
The head billet is a coveted prison job, attracting a higher payment and ability to order others around.

“It’s the plum job,” the source said.

“He runs the food line and directs the other billets to do work.

“He also gets the corner cell – cell 1 with the nice view to Spencer St and no north side adjoining cell – one of the quietist cells in the prison for sure.”

Sounds like the prison authorities have him pegged.

"aloof, arrogant, entitled"

I wonder how that will play into their placement of him (which unit he goes to), once he is sentenced. Keeping in mind, he is being assessed for future placement while in the Melbourne Assessment Prison.

Lynn's lawyer Dermot Dann flagged the appeal in the Supreme Court on Friday morning.

Mr Dann said the appeal would be made on the grounds that prosecution arguments during the trial were unfair, and that the jury's verdict in the murder charge was potentially unsafe.

The appeal will be heard by Victoria's Court of Appeal at a later date.

Greg Lynn will appeal Carol Clay murder conviction, Victorian court hears

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back