Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lynn's lawyer Dermot Dann flagged the appeal in the Supreme Court on Friday morning.

Mr Dann said the appeal would be made on the grounds that prosecution arguments during the trial were unfair, and that the jury's verdict in the murder charge was potentially unsafe.

The appeal will be heard by Victoria's Court of Appeal at a later date.

Greg Lynn will appeal Carol Clay murder conviction, Victorian court hears

That is, of course, if the Court of Appeal decides to accept the appeal in the first place.

Dann is going to have to lay out precisely what was legally unfair. And the Court of Appeal is going to need to consider if that is appealable.
Seeing that the Court of Appeal has already considered what was allowable from Lynn's police interview, and ruled on that, pre-trial.

imo

Unfair and Unsafe :oops: :rolleyes:o_O

They pretty much all say they are going to appeal.

Whether or not their appeal makes it to the Court of Appeal is yet to be seen.

In the meantime, Lynn will go off to whatever prison he will be assigned to, once he is sentenced, and he can work on his appeal in the prison library.

imo

I guess we will have to wait for a podcaster to tell us what happened in court today. Seems that MSM is only going to say, at least initially, that Dann wants to appeal the conviction.

Pretty sure more must have happened than that. We are not even hearing the sentencing date as of yet.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Missing camper killer Greg Lynn gets powerful prison job, cell with a view​

July 19, 2024 - 5:00AM Aneeka Simonis
High country killer Greg Lynn has jostled his way into a powerful jailhouse job and secured himself a quiet corner cell – but prison sources say he’s also put a bullseye on his back.

True Crime Australia Police & Courts Victoria
Former Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn may be a cold-blooded killer himself, but he doesn’t mix with others killers.
Fresh new details about Lynn’s life behind bars have emerged following his double murder trial, including how he has wielded control over prison staff and peers but remains vulnerable to attack.
Days after he was convicted of the murder of Carol Clay, 73, and acquitted of the murder of her lover Russell Hill, 74, in June, Lynn was “*advertiser censored*-bombed” by rival detainees in the prison yard.

A clearer picture has since emerged of why Lynn was attacked inside the maximum-security Melbourne Assessment Prison.
A prison source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said Lynn has refused to align with criminal networks on the inside, placing a target on his back.

“Lynn does not show normal traits of a run of the mill prisoner,” the prison source said.

“He is aloof, arrogant and entitled and the other prisoners do not like him.
“He is not part of any criminal network which is why he is isolated and why he was attacked.”

Another reason he is disliked by his prison foes is due to the power he has over them.

The prison source said that Lynn demanded the head billets job within his prison unit.
READ FULL ARTICLE HERE
Baden Clay was like that at the beginning. Prison pretty much sorts them out one way or another, sooner or later.

I'll answer my own question:
The former Jetstar pilot and missing camper killer demanded the head billets job within his prison unit – “the plum job” – and got “one of the quietist cells in the prison”, a prison source exclusively told the Herald Sun.

The source said it means Lynn runs the food line and directs the other billets to do work.
Well, that will just make him even more unpopular.

I’m aware of LEAP. It’s not a public database. If you want to know what’s in there relating to you you’ll need to submit a FOI request. Good luck.

In terms of the timeline on the family home there’s another very well informed poster on another forum that stepped this out.

Without butchering it because I can’t be bothered trawling through the thread the property was transferred to sole proprietorship in early 2022. The state registered their caveat late 2022. From memory. Could be wrong.
I never suggested or considered LEAP accessible to the public.

I now wonder given all the publicity and allegations about GLs prior life whether someone has had access to contents they should not have. There appears to have been a very well orchestrated and executed campaign IMO.

The information contained in files now available on Austlii was previously under very strict suppression non publication order until released after trial.

What all of this current negative publicity will cause is to affect the way forward with appeal processes and outcomes IMO.

Sorry I should have been more clear. The title for the house is registered in one name and the state has registered a caveat. No other caveats have been registered.

GL is not a registered interest on the title. Nor is Dann. Does this help?
I wonder whether the property might be treated as an asset of the marriage, consequently half GL's, notwithstanding the change of name on the title.

Have you seen the title document? How do you know there is only one caveat, or what is the caveat's wording in full?

They pretty much all say they are going to appeal.

Whether or not their appeal makes it to the Court of Appeal is yet to be seen.

In the meantime, Lynn will go off to whatever prison he will be assigned to, once he is sentenced, and he can work on his appeal in the prison library.

imo
Here you go SA 12 September.

Too much very interesting info in this article to post bits written by no other than Erin Pearson.

I'll answer my own question:
The former Jetstar pilot and missing camper killer demanded the head billets job within his prison unit – “the plum job” – and got “one of the quietist cells in the prison”, a prison source exclusively told the Herald Sun.

The source said it means Lynn runs the food line and directs the other billets to do work.
Yeah well media reps are well known to inflate comments and content for that $ click bait. IMO I have never heard of an inmate being given the opportunity to demand anything. To believe so would be outrageous IMO.

Sounds like the prison authorities have him pegged.

"aloof, arrogant, entitled"

I wonder how that will play into their placement of him (which unit he goes to), once he is sentenced. Keeping in mind, he is being assessed for future placement while in the Melbourne Assessment Prison.

Perhaps GL IQ is a great deal higher than the source of comments mentioned in this article. Do you have inside info SA that it was someone in 'authority' who is the source? I bet that phone line or internet connection will be of interest to persons of real authority.

Seems that Dann said he is also considering asking the judge for a stay this morning.
Croucher said that has only been granted once before, coincidentally by him. :rolleyes:
(He granted a stay in the 2016 Brett Whiteley trial over a multimillion-dollar art fraud.)

Croucher set 12th September for a plea hearing. Victim impact statements will likely be read then, ahead of sentencing.

Paraphrased from ..... Camper killer Greg Lynn’s extraordinary plan to have murder conviction quashed

You can appeal a criminal decision in the Court of Appeal if the appeal is:
  • By a person who has been convicted and sentenced in the Supreme Court ... and they want to appeal against the conviction, sentence or both. In most cases you need the Court’s permission to have these appeals heard. This is called leave to appeal.
[...]

Note: If an appeal against a sentence is allowed, the Court of Appeal may reduce or increase the sentence.

Criminal appeals

Appeals can be very expensive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim