Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Refer the very first word of my post that you quoted - 'usually'

If I was a convicted murder I'd appeal too. It makes little sense not to.
And you included reference to the Dawson trial which is what my comment was clearly about. My comment was not about the appeal but your reference.

Seems that Dann said he is also considering asking the judge for a stay this morning.
Croucher said that has only been granted once before, coincidentally by him. :rolleyes:
(He granted a stay in the 2016 Brett Whiteley trial over a multimillion-dollar art fraud.)

Croucher set 12th September for a plea hearing. Victim impact statements will likely be read then, ahead of sentencing.

Paraphrased from ..... Camper killer Greg Lynn’s extraordinary plan to have murder conviction quashed
Oh SA you must have missed that I gave you this exact link before you posted your link.

They pretty much all say they are going to appeal.

Whether or not their appeal makes it to the Court of Appeal is yet to be seen.

In the meantime, Lynn will go off to whatever prison he will be assigned to, once he is sentenced, and he can work on his appeal in the prison library.

imo
He’s it’s quite typical of them to claim they’ll appeal, funny how few of them actually do appeal in the end.

I think it DOES matter and in particular to family members and loved ones of Carole Hill and Russell Clay.
You have completely misunderstood my comment. Let me try again. Whatever arrangements Lynn has made regarding his current imprisonment, job or cell location will soon be irrelevant as he's only there temporarily. He will soon be moved to a real Prison, as apposed to the remand centre he is now in.

Here you go SA 12 September.

Too much very interesting info in this article to post bits written by no other than Erin Pearson.

Defence barrister Dermot Dann, KC, said his team held serious concerns over how the trial was run and raised fears that his client would not be able to get a fair retrial if the Court of Appeal granted one.

Well, he would say that, wouldn't he.

I just had lunch with a friend who flew with Qantas for 35 years. She suggested I join “Crew Social” via FB…..apparently a lot of chat going on about his antics and flying career….hopefully they will accept my request.

Defence barrister Dermot Dann, KC, said his team held serious concerns over how the trial was run and raised fears that his client would not be able to get a fair retrial if the Court of Appeal granted one.

Well, he would say that, wouldn't he.
Yes because he is looking after his client's best interests.

Perhaps GL IQ is a great deal higher than the source of comments mentioned in this article. Do you have inside info SA that it was someone in 'authority' who is the source? I bet that phone line or internet connection will be of interest to persons of real authority.
oops, I think you are shooting the messenger... :)
SA quoted what was written in the media article NOT personal inside knowledge.

The only phone lines and internet connections being of interest would be that of GL I imagine, after all, he was the one found guilty of MURDER.

GL's IQ may or may not be higher than the source of the comments mentioned in the article, who knows?
Perhaps we could also ask how high said parties' EQ is as well to put things into perspective. IMO GL presents as having a very low EQ.

You have completely misunderstood my comment. Let me try again. Whatever arrangements Lynn has made regarding his current imprisonment, job or cell location will soon be irrelevant as he's only there temporarily. He will soon be moved to a real Prison, as apposed to the remand centre he is now in.
All good mam544.

More from ABC News on what was said this morning. I've paraphrased wherever possible.

Dann said GL will appeal his murder conviction, arguing prosecutors used unfair tactics in his trial and that the jury's verdict was potentially unsafe.

He said his client continued to protest his innocence. "He maintains that he's never killed any person at any time, at any place, anywhere, ever".

"The long-term future of that guilty verdict must be seen as being in grave doubt."

He said prosecutors "conducted the trial unfairly" when they broke rules of procedural fairness by making claims about GL to the jury without giving him an opportunity to respond to the allegations.

"When there's two sides in a contest … and one side breaks the rules 20 to 25 times, we say it's beyond argument that one side's acted unfairly".

Dann said GL was attacked in prison during the trial and has "now been named as a target for other prisoners".

He said media stories about GL since the verdict had "poisoned the well of justice" to the point where any potential re-trial could not occur in the remote future.

"It's been flooded with inadmissible material, what the jury didn't hear, unsubstantiated allegations, linkages to other crimes, other deaths, gossip".

Dann said he and GL would respect the Supreme Court's current sentencing process.

Lynn will have to face a pre-sentence hearing, where victim impact statements will be provided by Ms Clay's family.

There is also the potential Lynn could be sentenced before an appeal takes place.

The defence was considering whether it should make an extraordinary application to the court for sentencing to be delayed during the appeal period due to concerns about the verdict, how the trial was run and his safety. "The law says such an application could only be allowed in highly unusual, highly extreme situations".

I just wish they'd lock him up and throw away the key for 25 years.

Last edited:
Yeah well media reps are well known to inflate comments and content for that $ click bait. IMO I have never heard of an inmate being given the opportunity to demand anything. To believe so would be outrageous IMO.
Demand, manipulate call it what you want.
Peter Gibbs and Heather Parker - classic manipulation

He said Lynn maintained his innocence in respect to both murder charges.

“He maintains that he told zero lies in that [police] interview … that was played to the jury,” he told the court on Friday.

“He maintains that he’s never killed any person at any time at any place, anywhere, ever.”

He said Lynn maintained his innocence in respect to both murder charges.

“He maintains that he told zero lies in that [police] interview … that was played to the jury,” he told the court on Friday.

“He maintains that he’s never killed any person at any time at any place, anywhere, ever.”

I wonder how that will go down in the 'remorse' aspect of sentencing.

*There has been a bombshell development in the high country murder trial with convicted killer Greg Lynn set to appeal the verdict.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back