Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Looks like a happy chappy this morning

1726103977917.png
:confused:

11.05am

‘The murder was cold-blooded and callous’: Crown prosecutor​

By Erin Pearson​

Carol Clay was 73 when she was murdered while camping in a remote area with her secret lover.
Her death, prosecutor Daniel Porceddu told the pre-sentencing hearing of her murderer, Greg Lynn, was “cold-blooded and callous”.

11.10am

Clay was vulnerable and could not call for help: prosecutor​

Crown prosecutor Daniel Porceddu has told the court that Greg Lynn murdered Carol Clay to cover up what had occurred to Russell Hill.
“The remoteness of the location made Mrs Clay vulnerable because she was not able to call for help or seek help from others.“

Crown prosecutor Daniel Porceddu said there were several aggravating parts of Lynn’s conduct, including that Carol Clay's family was left in “anguish” for 20 months, not knowing what had happened to their loved one.

He said other aggravating factors included the burning of evidence at the scene, taking of their belongings, Lynn painting his car in a bid to avoid detection, the disposal of Hill and Clay’s bodies and Lynn’s return to burn them.

11.34am

‘All of this is surreal’: Daughter of missing camper speaks​

By Erin Pearson​

Emma Davies, Carol Clay’s daughter, reads her victim statement to the court:

The impact of losing my mum and how she was killed has been multifaceted and comprehensive for me and my family.
The writing process has been harrowing as I have needed to trawl through the last 4 1/2 years of a series of traumatic events.
I refuse to let her legacy be that of a murder victim.

11.40am

‘He destroyed my mother, he burned her’: Clay’s daughter refuses to use Lynn’s name​

By Erin Pearson​

What did happen I can only describe as a horror movie.
I’m just a regular person, from a regular family, how did this happen to us?
I will not be saying the name of the man who murdered my mother’s name.
I find it difficult to form the words of his name without feeling nauseous.
He stole my mother from me. He took her life, he took her dignity and he took her privacy.
He destroyed my mother, he burned her beyond all possible recognition.

11.40am

‘He destroyed my mother, he burned her’: Clay’s daughter refuses to use Lynn’s name​

By Erin Pearson​

Hard to listen to, isn't it. The sooner the judge sentences Lynn and these poor people can start trying to move on with their lives, the better.

12.06pm

‘Rage, disbelief and confusion’: Sister of missing camper speaks at pre-sentence hearing​

By Erin Pearson​

Clay’s sister, Jillian Walker, is speaking at the pre-sentence hearing of Greg Lynn.
Reading from her impact statement via video link, she said she feared from the very beginning that “something was horribly wrong”.
“Carol was missing for two years, two very long years,” she said. “This was the most anxious, tense and alone time of my life.
“Every fibre in my body wanted Carol to return, and I went into a place of disbelief.”

This monster has committed horrendous crimes (without ever showing the slightest bit of remorse) and I just can't fathom why he has people sticking by him. What the hell are their thoughts ..... do they think RH & CC deserved what happened to them?? What on earth could ever possibly justify the total annihilation of two human beings?

12.14pm

‘It was evil, wicked and unconscionable. This is what was done to my sister’​

By Erin Pearson​

Voice cracking, Jillian Walker continued to read her victim impact to the court:

The story of what happened still shocks me. It is incomprehensible.
On top of the grief, the loss, lack of concentration ... I now have rage, disbelief and confusion.
I lost my trust in the world. Was there really people in the world who would do something like that?
The treatment of the bodies was unimaginable.
The grieving was intense with Carol on my mind all the time and the loss of her in my life.
She had been treated abominably.
It was senseless and pointless, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
It is unimaginable, there is no humanity or realty in this. It made me feel sick to my stomach.
It was evil, wicked and unconscionable. This is what was done to my sister.

12.23pm

A vibrant woman now remembered for her death, not her life: Clay’s friend​

By Erin Pearson​

Alison Abbott said her lifelong friend was beautiful, vibrant, clever, and funny.

The loss of Carol is incredibly sad, and the circumstances of her death have been harrowing to hear.
No one deserves to die the way Carol died. This crime has been devastating to me because Carol was an inspiration.
I miss her enormously.
Abbott said she had a great deal of sadness and anger about what had happened to her friend.

It felt very unfair and not in keeping with the woman Carol was and how she might want to be remembered.

12.30pm

How Greg Lynn reacted to the victim impact statements in court​

By Erin Pearson​

In court today, Lynn watched as Walker read out her victim impact statement from a video link shown on a large screen.

While he briefly looked to the roof of the courtroom, he largely remained fixed on the screen.

The Crown is calling for Greg Lynn to be handed a LIFE SENTENCE, a jail term saved for only the gravest of murders.

The worst category of murderers, Crown prosecutor Daniel Porceddu said, included wife killer Adrian Basham, baby killer Harley Hicks, and Melbourne CBD shooter Chris Hudson.

Porceddu said Lynn had shown no signs of remorse, and any apology he gave to Clay’s family during his evidence was nothing more than “self-serving.”

“The offender went to extraordinary lengths to cover up the murder of Carol Clay. It included the obliteration of Mrs Clay’s remains. The crime committed by the offender was a grave example of the crime of murder,” Porceddu said.
“The prosecution submits the imposition of a life sentence is appropriate in this case.”

Porceddu said Lynn had shown no signs of remorse, and any apology he gave to Clay’s family during his evidence was nothing more than “self-serving.”

....and the only reason he is sitting there in the courtroom listening to the impact statements is because he was caught. He would never have handed himself in voluntarily and the family members and friends may never have known what happened to their loved ones if he wasn't caught and arrested as part of a well conducted police investigation.

"This cannot be a case that falls into the worst category." - Dermot Dann

Only someone getting paid to represent the murderer in question could possibly come out with a statement like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lookingforheatherarcher
Back