Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully people come in and do cleansing ceremonies with sage.

Poor Morgan. After that nasty business that would need to be a fat wad of sage. That burned night and day for a month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor Morgan. After that nasty business that would need to be a fat wad of sage. That burned night and day for a month!

Now that's very true :facepalm:

I think real estate agents in many (if not all?) states are required to disclose if a murder has happened in the home, for precisely this reason.

Real Estate Institute of Queensland CEO Antonia Mercorella told news.com.au the discussion of “stigmatised properties” was one that came up regularly with agents.

“Most agents will have a story about something that they’ve encountered and how they’ve gone about delivering what can be sensitive information. It’s a topic that comes up on a fairly regular basis,” she said.

“It helps to discuss it with other people in the industry because it always reveals cases where people have different perspectives. We all have different thresholds and different views and not everyone would find that very disturbing.”

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real...s/news-story/40377be3342020e8fc165061ee176f89

Yes. I am pretty sure the laws around this changed in NSW after the Sef Gonzales case. In Qld I think you have to say if it's a purchase but unsure about if it's a rental?

Yes. I am pretty sure the laws around this changed in NSW after the Sef Gonzales case. In Qld I think you have to say if it's a purchase but unsure about if it's a rental?

Yes, not sure. But the article I referenced above is definitely speaking about rentals as well.

There is an article here about Jihadist suspects must be stopped from working with children. In the comments below the article there is reference to Dyball and others, and how people having done what they have done going 'postal' (shooting people in a crazy manner) when they return home. Of course, there are lots of comments about the 'bravery' and such of these people, too. And how they don't all go nutty when they are back in our kind of societies (true).

But it does make people wonder about the high-adrenaline, war-torn environments they live in, then their adjustment difficulties when they return home to a more peaceable, law-abiding society.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-...be-stopped-from-working-with-children/7177742

I often wonder too if a lot of the attraction is the "brotherhood" vibe. The same thing that draws people into gangs: a sense of belonging. I've known quite a few soldiers and many of them cannot wait to go back into combat repeatedly, for a number of reasons, including loving that feeling of being in a tight crew that relies on each other to survive.

Well posters told other posters to alert mods. about the screen shots taken from here and posted on FB. I seen mine was one of the posts. Facebook stuff to post is very iffy on here, but you are new so you're not expected to know exactly everything that is ok. to do. But mods. have stepped in and cleaned the thread up, so if in doubt just refer back to their postings. Cheers.

Just for the record, Karinna. I have spoken with Horror this morning and apologised. Horror is cool about it all.
Lots of us had our posts snipped.

My home is very old. I have burned a lot of sage in here. I lived in a house that was so old it had hessian under the wallper and a sink in every bedroom from having been a brothel in a previous life as well as a boarding house for returned soldiers. There were decades old incense holes all around the walls. It was a beautiful building. On the same block people bought an older homestead that had been used for palliative care for at least 50 years. I thought they were very brace. But it has a glorious verandah that they used to lie people out in the sun on. I would run through there as a child taking their escapee daschund back. Gotta love little dogs that make a bolt for it (can't help myself)

My home is very old. I have burned a lot of sage in here. I lived in a house that was so old it had hessian under the wallper and a sink in every bedroom from having been a brothel in a previous life as well as a boarding house for returned soldiers. There were decades old incense holes all around the walls. It was a beautiful building. On the same block people bought an older homestead that had been used for palliative care for at least 50 years. I thought they were very brace. But it has a glorious verandah that they used to lie people out in the sun on. I would run through there as a child taking their escapee daschund back. Gotta love little dogs that make a bolt for it (can't help myself)

The dog is great hey. It just cracks me up, it bails out like a rocket!

Yes I guess every place has a past if you aren't the first tenant.

I think perhaps the robbers' hanging back was really doubt as to whether anyone was at home or going to answer the door. Also, that what we read as feminity was a certain lithe agility, delicate and strong like a cat. You notice that the more graceful robber puts himself to the front when busting in. He's not action-shy at all.

I wondered too whether Sam was trading expensive watches and luxury small stuff. I believe there can be a lot of money in that. Especially if some of it was 'hot'. The robbers might have taken more goods than we know about. Presumably Sam wouldn't have advertised the loss of stolen goods.

I think perhaps the robbers' hanging back was really doubt as to whether anyone was at home or going to answer the door. Also, that what we read as feminity was a certain lithe agility, delicate and strong like a cat. You notice that the more graceful robber puts himself to the front when busting in. He's not action-shy at all.

I wondered too whether Sam was trading expensive watches and luxury small stuff. I believe there can be a lot of money in that. Especially if some of it was 'hot'. The robbers might have taken more goods than we know about. Presumably Sam wouldn't have advertised the loss of stolen goods.

Good post JLZ!

I hadn't thought of that re selling watches etc.

Nor about the graceful robber not being action-shy. I'll rewatch.

Good post JLZ!

I hadn't thought of that re selling watches etc.

Nor about the graceful robber not being action-shy. I'll rewatch.

Is it possible he went in first and didn't cover his face so the if the GF came to the door, she'd see it was someone she knew and open it?

Is it possible he went in first and didn't cover his face so the if the GF came to the door, she'd see it was someone she knew and open it?

I also wonder if they didn't know there was CCTV at the house, and then found out about it when they were inside. Hence, the act of making Sam go outside to the car.
Or perhaps they didn't expect the CCTV to be handed to police, by arrangement, but the police saw the camera and requested the recording?

Such a dodgy-looking home invasion. But never having been home-invaded, maybe they all aren't like the ones on CSI. :lol:

Wowsers. When you see pictures of him in Syria he looked much healthier. Bright eyes, good skin, just generally healthy. He looks very poorly here, unhealthy and exhausted. Maybe he really enjoyed Syria and when he couldn't get back there, he lost direction/really got stuck into drugs? If he really felt he belonged in Syria, he may have had some trouble adjusting back to a mainstream life?

The reverse culture shock of coming back to Australia after being over there could be quite considerable. I know I've felt strange, disconnected and like I don't "belong" after being away travelling, and especially when I've been to a developing country where the difference is so stark. I suffer from depression and anxiety so I'm predisposed to these sorts of phenomena; something like this may have contributed to him going down a negative path.

Reverse culture shock.

You'll note that it states that if it is "involuntary", it is worse. He was forced to come home...

https://www.state.gov/m/fsi/tc/c56075.htm

From that link:

Voluntary versus involuntary reentry: involuntary is worse

Expected versus unexpected reentry: unexpected is harder

Age: reentry may be easier for older people who have been through more life transitions.

Previous reentry experience: the first time is worse.

Length of the overseas stay: the longer the sojourn, the greater the chance for adaptation; hence the harder it may be to leave and come home.

Degree of interaction with the overseas culture: the more involved you become in the local culture the harder it may be to leave it behind.

The reentry environment: the more familiar and supportive the easier the reentry.

Amount of interaction with the home culture during the overseas sojourn: the more familiar the returnee is with changes in the home culture the easier the reentry.

Degree of difference between the overseas and the home culture: the greater the difference, the harder the reentry.

I think real estate agents in many (if not all?) states are required to disclose if a murder has happened in the home, for precisely this reason.

Real Estate Institute of Queensland CEO Antonia Mercorella told news.com.au the discussion of “stigmatised properties” was one that came up regularly with agents.

“Most agents will have a story about something that they’ve encountered and how they’ve gone about delivering what can be sensitive information. It’s a topic that comes up on a fairly regular basis,” she said.

“It helps to discuss it with other people in the industry because it always reveals cases where people have different perspectives. We all have different thresholds and different views and not everyone would find that very disturbing.”

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real...s/news-story/40377be3342020e8fc165061ee176f89
I think they only HAVE to tell you if you're purchasing the property, but if you're renting, they have to tell you if you ask, but they don't have to volunteer it. I could be wrong but that's what I was told when I asked once, years ago haha

Does anyone else wonder if AD was released from the military for other reasons than physical? He did manage to become a bench press champion with that bad back? Hmmmm.

The reverse culture shock of coming back to Australia after being over there could be quite considerable. I know I've felt strange, disconnected and like I don't "belong" after being away travelling, and especially when I've been to a developing country where the difference is so stark. I suffer from depression and anxiety so I'm predisposed to these sorts of phenomena; something like this may have contributed to him going down a negative path.

Reverse culture shock.

You'll note that it states that if it is "involuntary", it is worse. He was forced to come home...

https://www.state.gov/m/fsi/tc/c56075.htm

I spent my 16th year in LA for many reasons. I was a middle class runaway. Having to come back certainly did my head in. I returned whenever I could afford it to the detriment of my own health. I get you.

Does anyone else wonder if AD was released from the military for other reasons than physical? He did manage to become a bench press champion with that bad back? Hmmmm.
:welcome:

"Smudging" to be effective also requires Prayer to the four directions to be effective, and you cleanse yourself first with the smoke, to allow the good spirits to come in.
It is also used before NA ceremonies.

Does anyone know if the "physical" includes mental health screening? I'd assume so, although it may fall under its own heading...

Does anyone know if the "physical" includes mental health screening? I'd assume so, although it may fall under its own heading...

Yes, Psyche testing is one of the requirements, and i think that would be very important when joining the military. They can't have loose cannons running around on the front lines or elsewhere for that matter in a war zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC