Australia - Siege/Ambush at Remote Property - 6 Dead Including 2 Police/Neighbor - Wieambilla (Queensland)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I wonder where this hideout was on the property??

View attachment 521581

Insp Newton said Nathaniel Train could not be seen by the officers as he sat in the hide 185 metres down his driveway that allowed him to survey his front gate, while aiming his high-powered rifle through a pre-prepared gap in the leaves surrounding him.

He opened fire on Const Arnold when he was 70m away.”

“Less than two minutes after the officers entered the property a shot rang out and Constable Arnold was killed about 120m from the front gate.”

I wonder what happened to the dogs you can see inside from the pol air chopper?

I also wonder what findings are going to come out of this inquest, hopefully some improvement to the "black spots" . It's really not good enough, that the first the police coms here of this is via police on their personal phones. What if they were flat or themselves had no signal??

Black spots, faulty equipment plagued first officers at Wieambilla shootout with Trains​

Black spots, reception issues and a faulty car made it difficult for the first officers to respond to calls of ‘shots fired’ and assistance at the Wieambilla shooting, an inquest into the tragic incident has heard.

Last edited:

Wieambilla inquest hears police knew some bush block properties in the area were booby trapped​

Police knew some back block properties at Wieambilla were fitted out with "booby traps", pits, and spikes designed to "injure persons entering", an officer has told a Queensland court.

Constable Craig Loveland was one of the first police officers on the scene after the shooting in Queensland's Western Downs, and a close colleague of the two constables shot dead.

On Thursday, Constable Loveland was asked at an inquest into the shooting what it was like to police the Tara and Wieambilla districts.

He told the court officers were advised not to enter some properties around Wieambilla, or "the blocks" as they were commonly called, by themselves.

"[There would be] signs saying, 'do not enter or you will be shot,'" Constable Loveland said

"Certain addresses on the blocks had flags in regards to man traps, also known as booby traps.

I wonder what happened to the dogs you can see inside from the pol air chopper?

I also wonder what findings are going to come out of this inquest, hopefully some improvement to the "black spots" . It's really not good enough, that the first the police coms here of this is via police on their personal phones. What if they were flat or themselves had no signal??

Black spots, faulty equipment plagued first officers at Wieambilla shootout with Trains​

Black spots, reception issues and a faulty car made it difficult for the first officers to respond to calls of ‘shots fired’ and assistance at the Wieambilla shooting, an inquest into the tragic incident has heard.

The communication system was one of the points that were set out to be addressed in the findings required that I had previously posted here, June 23, #209. So hopefully, this issue will be required to be resolved as a matter of urgency.

5a. Whether the Queensland Police Service communication system was adequate.

Those poor dogs, they must have been terrified!! Let’s hope the dogs were unharmed and rehomed. The Polair video is so sad, I think the music added to the sadness and started the tears flowing. What a terrible tragedy!

The coroner heard the officers who responded to help were not allowed to approach the shooting scene as they were armed with Glock pistols with a 15-metre accuracy range.

The suspects were armed with high-powered rifles and had fired at officers while at long range and hidden.

Loveland said one of the few officers trained to use the rifles kept at police stations was Constable Matthew Arnold, who had been killed
during the initial shooting.”

I wonder if there should be more Police trained in the use of the rifles kept at Police stations?

The communication system was one of the points that were set out to be addressed in the findings required that I had previously posted here, June 23, #209. So hopefully, this issue will be required to be resolved as a matter of urgency.

5a. Whether the Queensland Police Service communication system was adequate.

Those poor dogs, they must have been terrified!! Let’s hope the dogs were unharmed and rehomed. The Polair video is so sad, I think the music added to the sadness and started the tears flowing. What a terrible tragedy!
Thanks , I missed that.

This whole thing is just sooo damn sad. So so bloody sad.

I really hope that QLP police look after these officers, including the SERT team who took out the Train's & not treat them like Officer A ( Ben ) who to this day is fighting to have his name known ( Btw his book Tiger Tiger Tiger is a great read) from the Lindt Siege- which it will be the 10TH anniversary on Dec 15th 2024

The coroner heard the officers who responded to help were not allowed to approach the shooting scene as they were armed with Glock pistols with a 15-metre accuracy range.

The suspects were armed with high-powered rifles and had fired at officers while at long range and hidden.

Loveland said one of the few officers trained to use the rifles kept at police stations was Constable Matthew Arnold, who had been killed
during the initial shooting.”

I wonder if there should be more Police trained in the use of the rifles kept at Police stations?

BBM : But apparently there were no red flags ( even after Nathaniel , just up & vanishing, dumping weapons at the border & buying ammunition after that ) these junior police were sent to arrest him. Would they have thought to take a rifle? ( clearly Officer Arnold didn't think so )

I think serious questions need to be asked about that. Local cops knew about traps being set on "blocks" out that way.

What info did NSWPF have about the Train's & was that shared or able to be shared with QLD police??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back