Australia - Siege/Ambush at Remote Property - 6 Dead Including 2 Police/Neighbor - Wieambilla (Queensland)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m curious to hear what the witnesses next week have to say about the relationship between Gareth and Nathaniel. Nathaniel excels at army training, but Gareth fails, so Nathaniel gives up this career opportunity. Because he loves Gareth or because Gareth couldn’t handle it? Nathaniel marries Stacey and they have kids, then Gareth moves in, takes over this relationship, and now becomes Stacey’s new husband and father role towards the children. Nathaniel stays for awhile, but eventually leaves. He apparently excels at his career as a teacher. He has a heart attack and deteriorates in all sorts of ways, including strong personal grievances against the Education Department. Then he abandons his career and goes back to his brother, the one who it seems forced him out of his own family? Lots of people love their siblings but this is really something else.

There was some kind of weird symbiotic relationship between Gareth and Nathaniel.

It reminds me of parasitism. Where one benefits, and the other has resulting negative experiences.

Do you think that maybe Nathaniel was afraid of Gareth (maybe for good reason) - who was deemed psychologically unfit for the army - and therefore went along with whatever Gareth wanted? Not strong enough to break free and stay free?

imo

No, they both applied to join the army when they were younger. Gareth failed the psych exam. Nathaniel was marked as officer material, but he opted out in solidarity and studied to become a PE teacher instead.

There is now a Part 2 to this informative article via an ABC Podcast ..

@sunnybree the podcast addresses a lot of the issues you raise in the above post …. And the timeline leading up to the diabolical event of the shootings…

IMO

Do you think that maybe Nathaniel was afraid of Gareth (maybe for good reason) - who was deemed psychologically unfit for the army - and therefore went along with whatever Gareth wanted? Not strong enough to break free and stay free?
I think it is possible that Nathanial’s cardiac arrest (and resulting hypoxic brain injury, IMO) played a significant role in the brothers relationship …. Making NT very vulnerable, to his brothers ideologies, and the dire consequences that followed …

Until then, NT had managed to break away, and stay free ….and was living a successful life …

JMO

I’m curious to hear what the witnesses next week have to say about the relationship between Gareth and Nathaniel. Nathaniel excels at army training, but Gareth fails, so Nathaniel gives up this career opportunity. Because he loves Gareth or because Gareth couldn’t handle it? Nathaniel marries Stacey and they have kids, then Gareth moves in, takes over this relationship, and now becomes Stacey’s new husband and father role towards the children. Nathaniel stays for awhile, but eventually leaves. He apparently excels at his career as a teacher. He has a heart attack and deteriorates in all sorts of ways, including strong personal grievances against the Education Department. Then he abandons his career and goes back to his brother, the one who it seems forced him out of his own family? Lots of people love their siblings but this is really something else.
I think the three of them were potentially in a relationship, Nathaniel moved away for a while and then the three adults got back together.

Nothing much has been said about the correspondence on their phones between the three of them.

I wonder if SMS messages or other comms between them might shine a light on the nature of their relationship.

There is now a Part 2 to this informative article via an ABC Podcast ..

@sunnybree the podcast addresses a lot of the issues you raise in the above post …. And the timeline leading up to the diabolical event of the shootings…

IMO
Omg, the partner of Nathaniel (before he died) is covered under an interim suppression order.

Wow.

An interesting read….

Wieambilla police killers' father reveals estrangement following child sex abuse allegations - ABC News
'Bewildered': Trio made shocking allegations against parents years before deadly ambush

Then McCrow was shot in the back and legs while trying to crawl to cover.

She pleaded with Gareth Train before he fatally shot her in the head at close range, the inquest heard.

I hadn’t realised that Rachel had been able to try and crawl for cover, (good on her and how brave) previously I had thought she was shot next to Matthew in the middle of the driveway..

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back