Australia - Siege/Ambush at Remote Property - 6 Dead Including 2 Police/Neighbor - Wieambilla (Queensland)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No problem, I am pretty open minded and happy to view events through a myriad of different lenses. I appreciate reading your perspective.

I just found an old news article of the original missing persons report on Nathaniel Train. It might be of interest to some members here:

“Nathaniel Train, aged 46, was last seen in Dubbo on Thursday December 16, 2021, however, he remained in contact with his family until Sunday October 9, 2022.

When he could not be contacted by family or friends, he was reported missing to officers from Central North Police District on Sunday, December 4 2022, who immediately commenced inquiries into his whereabouts.

Police and family hold serious concerns for Nathaniel's welfare.

Nathaniel is described as being of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander appearance, about 183cm tall, of thin build, and has a long grey beard.”

“He was last seen wearing a white shirt and jeans and is known to always wear brown boots.”

“Anyone with information into Nathaniel's whereabouts is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.
Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.”

“Police and family hold serious concerns for Nathaniel's welfare”.

So a missing persons report was appropriate after all given the media sources you’re quoting.

I seem to remember NT also breached border restrictions during COVID, didn’t keep his firearms stored as per legislative requirements and abandoned his vehicle.

I guess the police should have just ignored everything. Until the next crew turned up I guess.

“Police and family hold serious concerns for Nathaniel's welfare”.

So a missing persons report was appropriate after all given the media sources you’re quoting.

I seem to remember NT also breached border restrictions during COVID, didn’t keep his firearms stored as per legislative requirements and abandoned his vehicle.

I guess the police should have just ignored everything. Until the next crew turned up I guess.

IMO: The only individuals responsible for the deaths of police and Mr Dare were the extremists: Gareth, Nathaniel and Stacey Train.

Regarding your last statement:

I’ll leave the recommendations up to the Coroner.

I think like all workers, and particularly all public servants and emergency services personnel, all police have the right to go to work and come home at the end of their shift.
So, if there are any recommendations by the Coroner regarding how the Qld Police can keep going about their jobs of protecting the public and keeping us all safe whilst increasing their own personal safety whilst at work, I would be interested to hear about what those recommendations would be.

Last edited:
IMO: The only individuals responsible for the deaths of police and Mr Dare were the extremists: Gareth, Nathaniel and Stacey Train.

Regarding your last statement:

I’ll leave the recommendations up to the Coroner.

I think like all workers, and particularly all public servants and emergency services personnel, all police have the right to go to work and come home at the end of their shift.
So, if there are any recommendations by the Coroner regarding how the Qld Police can keep going about their jobs of protecting the public and keeping us all safe whilst increasing their own personal safety whilst at work, I would be interested to hear about what those recommendations would be.

I haven’t seen anyone argue that police should work in an exclusively hostile environment. I’m not sure where you’re getting this from. And anyone following the inquest would agree there were operational shortcomings.

I’m just a little perplexed about the quotes and media articles you’re quoting. It seems you’re cherry picking. In the same article from the Leader that you quoted.

“Counsel assisting Ruth O'Gorman told Mr Ryan NSW Police officers made "deeply regrettable" oversights in not handing over all their reports on the Trains but there was never any prior information that would have indicated a risk to police”.

I’m just not sure what you’re anchoring to in terms of your argument. Want to wait for the Coroner or happy to shoot from the gallery. It’s a bit tasteless to be honest.

I agree Sir_Loin.

Whist the Trains shot the innocent police officers, it certainly seems to me that, had all relevant information been passed to Queensland Police prior to the visit to their property, the slain police officers, along with Alan Dare would in all likelihood still be alive (caveat being of course, that Queensland police would have made more appropriate arrangements.

NSW Police threats not handed to Queensland before cops killed​

Threatening emails from a man who went on to fatally shoot three people in Queensland were not handed over by NSW Police due to procedural requirements, a coroner has heard.
Just one example as above. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back