Found Deceased Australia - Stephanie Scott, 26, Leeton, NSW, 5 April 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things not adding up for me, tho maybe media reports arent all correct or based on exaggeration by ppl media is interviewing. ..

Vincent - we hear he had no human contact, yet was close to his mother and evidently got on at least with older bro to live with them all his life. So how does that also tee up with no personal hygiene etc? He's a cleaner, his mother is a nurse.. lots of mixed messages.
Anika - its being made out as tho she had no control of Vincent or no influence on him, effectively an incompetent mother, house was a mess, strangers had to step in... Yet she is a nurse, works in a nursing home, Vincent was close to her, she assisted police and is traumatized by what's happened.
Where is the truth?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ength-rejected-army-psychological-issues.html

"The first photograph of Stephanie Scott's accused murderer has emerged as his former boss revealed his colleagues nicknamed him 'King Kong' on account of his abnormal strength and copious body hair.

Vincent Stanford, who weighed 110 kg, was so strong he could lift two huge wooden crates with one hand and did not feel the cold wearing only a T-shirt even in minus 10 degrees."

I saw the un-blurred pic, and it looks absolutely nothing like his twin brother. I am guessing this is a very old pic. He still has a full head of hair and now he is almost bald.

Xantara, I'm thinking a lot of what the media is putting out there is just rubbish. They all just want to be first with a story and they want clicks. I don't really trust any of it, as interesting as it might be.
Unless it's info from the police, the courts, or direct from the mouths of family via an official interview, it could all be totally bogus at this point.

Not to say there isn't elements of truth, but nothing certain enough to make any definitive judgments. At least, not certain enough for my liking.

One thing that seems certain is.. he wasn't rostered on for work that Sunday.. so he wasn't at the school for work purposes. So what purpose would he have to be there? use of the WIFI? checking things out? returning some borrowed tools? How long had he been there? did he arrive before Stephanie or after ? who surprised whom? these are things I want to know.

Just supposing that all the stuff about vincents autism/ lack of social skills could be taken at face value, then he sounds even less like someone who could have planned the murder in a sophisticated way. Perhaps he just walked past the school and was curious about why the staffroom door was open and the encountered Stephanie. Or he recognized her car n thought it might be his chance to catch her alone n chat to her. He might well have liked her from a distance n not known she was engaged. That'd make sense if the account of his social ineptness esp re women is true.. I doubt he would have engaged much wigh her before. She may have explained she was there on Sunday re her upcoming wedding n honeymoon n he could have blown up just at that. Perhaps his first real approach to a female n he is rejected. But lack of mention of blood at the scholl makes md wonder if he was that violent there. On the flip side, if he lured her away intact, then he must have had a pretty convincing lure! Was he capable of that?
I guess the sloppy disguise of evidence tees up with amateurishness.
not even so sure if he raped her now. Maybe he burnt her due yo his own guilt over a momentary mad n violent reaction?
Gee, anything serms possible really!

The stuff about king kong n bob marley must be an exaggeration. Pretty insulting to thd family actually. Looking at the pic of thd mother I can ser that they would have some height n stature from her, but the twin does not look extreme in any of those areas, whether height strength body hair etc. So if the neighbor says they are essentially identical then I doubt vincent looks as freakish as he is portrayed. Whether in physical appearance or behavior.

One thing that seems certain is.. he wasn't rostered on for work that Sunday.. so he wasn't at the school for work purposes. So what purpose would he have to be there? use of the WIFI? checking things out? returning some borrowed tools? How long had he been there? did he arrive before Stephanie or after ? who surprised whom? these are things I want to know.

I want to know too. I think we'll have to wait until the trial though.

Jumping off from your post Xantara - bearing in mind that I know this all might turn out to be wildly exaggerated, so I'm just speculating - I've been thinking that both the burning of the body and the non-cooperation might not be due to "evil" at all, but simply an inability to communicate for whatever reason. Perhaps this experience has actually been quite traumatic for him too, perhaps he can't fully comprehend it himself. And maybe the burning wasn't to hide all manner of evil (in fact, for someone truly evil, who tortured their victim, why hide it? why not be proud of it?) but because he was ashamed of what he did (just the murder, nothing more) and thought he could hide it.

Now, that might sound like I'm "defending" him; I'm not, just pondering on possible motivations for why he has acted the way he has since killing her. If he really does have quite bad autism, it might not be appropriate to judge his actions (not the murder, but how he has acted since) as we would someone who wasn't on the spectrum. There could be communication and language delays at work. But then, wouldn't the police have realised that when they arrested him if it was so bad, and gotten appropriate medical/psych assessments done? No word on that, as a previous poster has said.

That said - the reports are indeed so conflicting - some have said he barely talks, others have said he's polite and friendly? So, who knows. These are just thoughts in my head. We might not find out the truth for a while yet.

If you're going on a campaign against people falsely claiming to have a mental disability

loveamystery, I never said I was "going on a campaign" of any type whatsoever.

I was expressing my concern with the issue.

Is autism often misdiagnosed? In Gable Tostee(aka Eric Thomas)'s case, it was. I know several parents whose children were diagnosed wrongly as well. I've had discussions with pediatricians who've expressed concern about how often it's misdiagnosed.

Has there been a lot of young males claiming autism, in court for murder this past couple years? It seems so. More than I've ever seen before, anyway. Some of them may even have had it. Tostee sure didn't. But you'd know that, from your regular posting on Warriena's thread.

But hey, thanks for correcting my spelling.

My point, anyway, was addressing the fact that so many of these young men who are said to have 'high functioning autism' and end up in court for murder (whether they actually have it or not, as it happens) may have other contributing factors besides, which have led them to violent fantasies and/or actions.

The focus on autism, and the apparent chance of misdiagnosis, only makes thing harder for the people who do have it and aren't violent, and the people around them. What I would hope to see, where any mental condition comes up in relation to a crime, is a court-ordered medical assessment that could independently help to identify exactly what's going on with these accused killers. For their sake, as well as the interests of justice being done properly.

These are just my thoughts, typed 'out loud" - if I was on a "campaign", trust me, you'd know it. ;)

All he had was his work, his games and his animals. He loved animals. They had about nine cats in that house. It was like a pigsty. I said to him, ‘Vincent, you’re a cleaner, why don’t clean the house?’ He said, ‘it will be just as dirty again tomorrow’.”
An enormously powerful young man, Stanford was described as a “good guy and a hard worker” by Mr Antonisse.
http://www.news.com.au/national/ste...iller-speaks-out/story-fncynjr2-1227305813461

I saw the un-blurred pic, and it looks absolutely nothing like his twin brother. I am guessing this is a very old pic. He still has a full head of hair and now he is almost bald.

That card has the dates 23 June 2004 and 23 June 2009 on it - am guessing they are valid from/to dates. Makes the pic 11 years old I'd say, so yes, a very old pic, and I don't know why the paper bothered publishing it at all when it is obviously so old. Just like with those couple of old gaming forum posts - not recent and not particularly relevant or insightful.

These are questions I have too. Gut feeling is he either followed SS or saw her car at the school.

Or perhaps the family has requested the details remain private. I think I recall dad saying they were keen to restore her dignity. (As you would be) Maybe that includes not making public the details of her death. I could understand that this may be a step towards that for the family.
I was under the impression that it was about bringing her body back and preparing a funeral for her. Can family members request the report to be private? I suppose it has to go to trial if he doesn't speak.

That's an interesting article thanks Oz Jen.

This was in a primary school? How bad was this?

The incident was serious enough for the school headmaster at the time to be called back from a retreat with other local school heads to deal with it.

"They took it very seriously," said another parent, whose daughter was in Mr Stanford's year. "The boy had to leave the school, but I don't know if forever."

"He was kicked out of school for some months
They remembered him as having an "unkempt" appearance - and they also remembered his being suspended from school.

..and then this? Who do we believe?
However Ms Mulder, said: "I did not say anything about aggressive incidents at all."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/stephan...ay-neighbours-classmates-20150416-1mm12s.html

I know it's still early days but I'm finding confusion with MSM on this case. Usually we can sleuth the truth but in this case the info seems scrambled and our goal posts keep changing.

---------------------------

They remembered him as having an "unkempt" appearance - and they also remembered his being suspended from school.

He was in primary school....the parents should ensure his cleanliness, haircuts and lunches.
OK he obviously has anger issues, it makes me wonder why?
Children are cruel and I'm wondering if he was teased because of his appearance. If he was UNKEMPT at that age isn't that his parents responsibility....it's called bathing.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/stephan...ay-neighbours-classmates-20150416-1mm12s.html

I've read here that mum was a nurse and nurses are clean. I know a nurse and a house-cleaner and their houses should be condemned. The filth is incredible but that's not saying that's the norm.

I don't know why but I just had a thought, what if it wasn't him? What if it was someone close to him that he was afraid of or felt he owed something to? I don't know what else I can say on here but the way in which the whole incident has been played out seems very iffy to me. Some things seem to be odd that others knew exactly where to look. Photos seems weird, Left in his car, obvious throwing out of the laptop and the keys at his house .don't know, random thoughts

Or perhaps the family has requested the details remain private. I think I recall dad saying they were keen to restore her dignity. (As you would be) Maybe that includes not making public the details of her death. I could understand that this may be a step towards that for the family.

I was under the impression that it was about bringing her body back and preparing a funeral for her. Can family members request the report to be private? I suppose it has to go to trial if he doesn't speak.

All dignity flys out the window in a court room. Many of us from the Baden-Clay trial saw the murderer's family literally slander Allison and her badly decomposed body (with maggots) was shown for all to see up on the big screen.
The victim's family will relive their grieve in a clinical way with little dignity, I'm sorry to say.

I've read here that mum was a nurse and nurses are clean. I know a nurse and a house-cleaner and their houses should be condemned. The filth is incredible but that's not saying that's the norm.

The comments about nurses being clean have amused me because my mother has always said there's a stereotype that nurses keep the filthiest homes. We know one who lives in disgusting conditions. Of course, we know others who keep beautiful homes, so I guess this just proves once again that generalisations are rarely useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx