Found Alive Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction, 4 y.o. victim found alive, WA ,16 Oct 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This latest news article claims LE used number plate recognition (amongst other sources) ..... yet TK's car had no number plates?
LE could have been using the numberplates of other cars to eliminate people who were in the area, then all that was left was one phone number and no more numberplates. The fact that he was careless enough to leave his phone on makes me think it was opportunistic.

I think I linked an article showing victims name, how dose things work is there away to hide the name in the link? I can't find the post wondering if it been deleted

Do any Aussies know why the police called C.S. 'babby' or whatever they nicknamed her during the rescue? Also, why did they ask C.S. her name and even three times, instead of just referring to her by name to begin with, and identify themselves as police?

I have actually never seen an MSM description of who was in the car with him .... other than "female relatives".

7NEWS understands Kelly was not alone when he was cornered and had female relatives inside the car with him at the time.
7news.com.a dashcam-shows-dramatic-moment-alleged-abductor-terence-darrell-kelly-was-arrested-by-wa-police

I don't know where the other details come from. Would love to see a link, though.

I had assumed Kelly was alone in the car. I wonder if so whether they too knew about their relative's abduction of CS

The street where little cs was allegedly held captive by a doll-obsessed loner for 18 gruelling days was the site of one of Carnarvon's most violent riots exactly a year before her disappearance.
Both Carnarvon council and police records show a major riot broke out in and around T Crescent, home to her 36-year-old accused kidnapper, late Friday night on October 16, 2020.

That date is exactly one year to the day before Cs was snatched from her tent at the Quobba Blowholes and allegedly held captive at Ks duplex home.

The street - nicknamed 'Toxic Crescent' in the coastal town - was the centre of violent riots which left several officers injured, residents told Daily Mail Australia.

Last year's riots re-emerged as a large team of forensic officers scoured Ks home on Saturday afternoon, with dozens of dolls believed to be among the piles of evidence seen being removed from the derelict property.
Forensic officers - who also were seen inspecting a bedframe and holding a box filled with coloured pens - may take as long as two months to fully search the home, The Sunday Times reported.

Locals claimed the riots last year led to 'many arrests' and ultimately saw police withdrawing from the site for their own safety.

One Carnarvon resident, who asked not to be named, said the riot was 'a big deal' at the time amid concern the the area was becoming a hub for drugs, alcohol and violence.

In the days following the riots, local Senior Sergeant Jayd Morawski addressed Carnarvon council and described chaotic scenes as large groups - fuelled by excessive alcohol use - attacked police officers.
He said the worst hit areas were T Crescent - the latter being where C was miraculously found alive early on Wednesday following her 18-day ordeal.

Crisis talks were then held between local police and councillors about the town's drug and alcohol problems and how to solve them 'immediately'.

According to council meeting notes, local Nationals member Vince Catania said he would raise the issue at an upcoming parliament sitting.

A year on and Catania said this week that k's neighbourhood - a housing commission precinct - had been left to fall into 'rack and ruin' and that little had improved since the violent incident a year ago.
Littered with broken glass and rubbish, the street and neighbouring D B Drive is also nicknamed by Carnarvon locals as 'ground zero' and was dubbed 'scorched earth' by some of the media covering Cs abduction.

Small children can often be seen wandering the area alone, with dog attacks and break-ins 'common' according to residents.

I did see it written down that they called her "bubby".

Must be just our Aussie accent :)

Do any Aussies know why the police called C.S. 'babby' or whatever they nicknamed her during the rescue? Also, why did they ask C.S. her name and even three times, instead of just referring to her by name to begin with, and identify themselves as police?

(a)... they, the detectives, were not in uniform. It would be a big stretch to imagine a 4 yr old would request their badge number and rank before announcing who she was. .... She had no way of distinguishing their police status. On looks. Or speech, really.

It was important that the child, if she is able , identify herself. . That makes it irrefutable. Who knows if the child would agree to be called C if it got her out of there?? It showed enormous restraint, from my perspective.. I would have galloped in calling the name.

(b) Bubby.. . well. .. they could have called her 'girlie', or 'chimken', or 'sweetie'.. or any number of affectionate nicknames, it was probably part of the coppers usual language. It doesn't have any major, or even minor consequences. I am still called 'Bubby' by my ridiculous brothers. I am way past it, you can be assured of that.

(a)... they, the detectives, were not in uniform. It would be a big stretch to imagine a 4 yr old would request their badge number and rank before announcing who she was. .... She had no way of distinguishing their police status. On looks. Or speech, really.

It was important that the child, if she is able , identify herself. . That makes it irrefutable. Who knows if the child would agree to be called C if it got her out of there?? It showed enormous restraint, from my perspective.. I would have galloped in calling the name.

Bubby.. . well. .. they could have called her 'girlie', or 'chimken', or 'sweetie'.. or any number of affectionate nicknames, it was probably part of the coppers usual language. It doesn't have any major, or even minor consequences. I am still called 'Bubby' by my ridiculous brothers. I am way past it, you can be assured of that.

Thanks, I just have never heard that term 'Bubby'. Also, I wondered if the police should have been in uniform so that CS could see immediately that they were there to help her. I just thought also that it wasn't necessary to ask her her name, but I'm sure they had their reasons :)

Either way, I just have never heard that term before up here in N.America :)
I had been wondering , what TK called C.. It does not have to be for sure that she told him her name. He may not have even asked her her name. He may have just called her what a lot of Koorie people call little kids, friends, brothers, sisters, aunts, cousins.. they call each other 'Bub'..

Thanks, I just have never heard that term 'Bubby'. Also, I wondered if the police should have been in uniform so that CS could see immediately that they were there to help her. I just thought also that it wasn't necessary to ask her her name, but I'm sure they had their reasons :)

Bubby is a term of endearment for a child, as is Bub. You will hear ‘mums and bubs’ etc.

I’m Irish, so I hadn’t heard it before I moved to Australia. But ironically, we say ‘babby’ at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member