Found Deceased Australia - Thea Liddle, 42, Northern NSW, 31 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sept 7 2021
Eerie twist in missing backpacker case
''Eerie twists in the case of missing backpacker, Theo Hayez, reveal the 18-year-old met up with a mystery local who knew Byron Bay’s dark places and may have lured him to his death.

Startling evidence claims the 18-year-old deliberately went to a remote haunt in the international tourist resort town with the person, but then his phone was taken from him.

The clues also suggest he may have met with foul play at the hand of one or more people connected with the drug trade in the notorious Northern NSW town of Nimbin.

The new turns in the Theo Hayez case were aired on the Channel 9 program Under Investigation on Monday, Searching for Theo.

Special investigator Ken Gamble told Nine there was a suggestion Theo’s belongings were taken from Tallow Beach and dumped in an abandoned house in Nimbin, 70km away.

When they searched the house they found belongings, not Theo’s, but those of another missing Byron Bay person Thea Liddle.''

From lengthy link, thanks..
''THE TIMELINE OF THEO HAYEZ'S DISAPPEARANCE
May 31st 7.45pm: Theo Hayez and an unnamed friend were caught on CCTV camera at a local bottle shop in Byron Bay.

May 31st 11pm: The last confirmed sighting of Hayez. He was spotted leaving the Cheeky Monkey's bar.

June 1st AM: The last confirmed WhatsApp message was sent from Theo's phone.

June 1st 1:42pm: Theo's phone pinged for the last time.

June 6th: Theo was reported missing to local police .

June 9th: Police conducted a major land, sea and air search in the Byron Bay area with the assistance of rescue officers, the State Emergency Service, a lifesaver helicopter and lifesavers.

June 10th: Locals and other backpackers joined in the search for Theo.

June 10th-June 16th: SES crews, the dog squad, lifeguards, local volunteers and police are continuing to search the Byron Bay headlands, east and north of the town, as well as beaches and swamps.

June 16th: Theo's mother Vinciane Delforge, told a French broadcaster in Belgium she is holding out hope her son is safe and well, but said his disappearance is entirely out of character.

June 17th: Theo's father Laurent Hayez travels to Byron Bay to help search for his son Theo. He makes an emotional plea asking Australia to keep looking for his son and vows to stay in the country until he is found.

He says he hopes WhatsApp will cooperate with police to decode the messages that Theo last sent - a feat, he says, which could change the course of the search.

Police confess they are still 'baffled' by the case, and are keeping all lines of inquiry open.

Homicide detectives join in on the search for Theo.

July 3rd: NSW Police announce the full-scale search for the teenager had been called off, but investigations are ongoing.

July 12th: Theo's heartbroken father flies home.

July 17th: Top forensic psychologist Tim Watson-Munro says believes Theo could have been the victim of an unknown serial killer, along with two 20-year-old backpackers who went missing on the NSW north coast months prior.

July 18th: Theo's parents reveal they believe he is still alive and are holding out hope he is in a commune.

August: A dedicated group of Byron Bay locals have brought in cadaver dogs to search for missing Belgian tourist Theo Hayez.

The dogs and their handlers scoured bushland in the Arakwal National Park including Tallow Beach.

September: Theo's father Laurent Hayez arrives back in Australia to continue his search for his son.

September 16th: Police call off the search for Theo and refer his case to the coroner.

October 13th: Theo's family confirm a cap found in dense bushland near to where the missing backpacker's phone last 'pinged' belonged to him. ''

I found an interesting video on YouTube when I searched Thea Liddle, of another local transient woman’s experiences. She was staying at the Mooball property involved in the investigation previously to Thea, and her disappearance. She has a video shot at the property in question asking where the missing woman is.
I’m not sure if I can share the link here.

I found an interesting video on YouTube when I searched Thea Liddle, of another local transient woman’s experiences. She was staying at the Mooball property involved in the investigation previously to Thea, and her disappearance. She has a video shot at the property in question asking where the missing woman is.
I’m not sure if I can share the link here.[/QUOTE]

i went down this rabbit hole and in light of how the private detective hired by the Hayez family found the property is very interesting even though it is not known yet to be connected to Theo , the tip off has to have pivotal in finding Thea
Extraordinary discovery after claim missing backpacker Theo Hayez was buried in Byron Bay bushland | Daily Mail Online

however imo it is possible the tip off was indeed about Thea and mis interpreted as being about Theo (in the pub talk ) . Maybe it is possible Theo did run into Thea and friends in and around her camp site at the time near the youth hostel area .

As for the women in the videos it is obvious she has mental health issues and is paranoid however she did know about "Jamie " a person who lived at the Mooball property and it is possible she was demanding answers to Thea. imo

Something else I found, court data shows Thea was never in trouble with the law until 4/8/2019 when a member of the public saw her stumbling near the surf club (it’s near the beach where a lot of parkies chill out) and called the police on her. They came to talk to her and she was allegedly “dazed and confused” and “lashed out”. She was then taken to the station. She had court mentions 26/8 & 14/10 and the hearing on 17/12.

Interestingly for Jamie, his house in Mooball was set alight while he was in court in Murwillumbah on 20/8/2020 House Fire - Mooball.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie
Back