Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you all think about the African families house that was searched?

Where does that fit into the timeline?

Bi sexual dancers don't really hang out with African boys and the family had been at the house for years.

I hate to think it but what if the police were not investing until those charges appeared?

I've thought the same. They could have nearly got away with it

That's a bit of a generalisation! Who says bisexual dancers don't hang out with African boys. Wowsers....

Besides that the Thorburns sold up, moved on. African family were known to live there and became local speculation when house was seen to be raided. I doubt the African family have anything to do with it besides unknowingly moving into a murder scene. They either bought it or rented after Rick and Co vacated. Usually real estate agents don't say btw this is where the murdered girl lived.....

Now I'm confused.
Who's the wowsers and are you saying the Thorburns lived in that small weatherboard house that was raided?

Am I on the right thread here?

I need a Valium milkshake.....nurse!

Haha OK, I can see that it's important to you, with your defence of that ignorant opinion being your very first post on this site and all. LOL

Attacking the victim's family...sigh.

I can see both sides of this, just think it's inappropriate to be targeting Tiahleigh's mother right now. Of course it was her Mum's choices that resulted in Tiahleigh been in foster care at all. However, everyone makes mistakes, and her Mum is in NO WAY responsible for Tiahleigh's death. Back off her, she is a victim in this. It is an unfortunate chain of events that gave a very sick family access to her. I do however believe we are going to see evidence of a breakdown in either Child Safety, QPS or both in relation to communication across departments and decision making.

Now I'm confused.
Who's the wowsers and are you saying the Thorburns lived in that small weatherboard house that was raided?

Am I on the right thread here?

I need a Valium milkshake.....nurse!

That's what had me confused too....

Tiahleigh Palmer case: Government 'listened to police', says Pitt

Queensland's acting premier has defended the state's handling of the Tiahleigh Palmer case, saying it had closely followed the advice of police on the matter.

The state's foster system is facing heavy scrutiny after murder charges were laid against the schoolgirl's foster father.

"What we've done is paid very close attention to police advice all the way along," Acting Premier Curtis Pitt said on Thursday. "We have listened to what police have told the government and, of course, individual agencies have acted within their protocols."

http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/ti...ened-to-police-says-pitt-20160922-grlylq.html

The man accused of murdering schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer remains in an induced coma more than a day after reportedly overdosing on pills while in custody.
Rick Thorburn, 56, remains in a stable condition in Brisbane's Princess Alexandra Hospital but Queensland police have rejected reports he has woken up from an induced coma.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-hunt-for-tia-death-clues#ZCvyC2LfHDSEhAwr.99

I can see both sides of this, just think it's inappropriate to be targeting Tiahleigh's mother right now. Of course it was her Mum's choices that resulted in Tiahleigh been in foster care at all. However, everyone makes mistakes, and her Mum is in NO WAY responsible for Tiahleigh's death. Back off her, she is a victim in this. It is an unfortunate chain of events that gave a very sick family access to her. I do however believe we are going to see evidence of a breakdown in either Child Safety, QPS or both in relation to communication across departments and decision making.

Wish I could give more than one 'like' to this post. Totally agree and I also think QLD child safety (among other states) is long overdue for a shake-up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also from your link:

"He was taken to hospital after reportedly taking pills he had managed to obtain while in custody and collapsing shortly after being charged with murder on Tuesday. Mr Thorburn was yesterday placed in an induced coma but has reportedly woken this morning."

So I'm assuming they've discovered he took them WHILE in custody, and not prior to arrest...

I think that's the fake awake report. Freyas 9 news link was midday today. Double check.

Damn media

Also from your link:

"He was taken to hospital after reportedly taking pills he had managed to obtain while in custody and collapsing shortly after being charged with murder on Tuesday. Mr Thorburn was yesterday placed in an induced coma but has reportedly woken this morning."

So I'm assuming they've discovered he took them WHILE in custody, and not prior to arrest...

If there is any legitimacy at all to this, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he has some mates with similar interests. That would explain a whole darn lot at this point.

Did tias mum blow a whole CMC investigation or did she force their hands? She seemed to be complaining a lot.

They could have been looking at a range of people and the previous house might have been a decoy.

Did tias mum blow a whole CMC investigation or did she force their hands? She seemed to be complaining a lot.

They could have been looking at a range of people and the previous house might have been a decoy.
Good on her. She may have saved someone else being abused while the police got their paperwork in order.

Not blaming police but the system.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes thats the house. The family gave interviews denying they had ever seen Tia. They had only just moved out. The poor family copped a bit of flack as you can imagine

So this happened before the charges.

They did a very thorough forensic investigation that would have cost them a pretty sum.

They could be the landlords of the property. I don't know how easy it is for you guys to suss that one out
It's a public housing property, so very unlikely they were landlords. The police searched the house back in March, possibly they hadn't considered the foster family as likely suspects until the April incidents?
The police may have genuinely believed Rick's story that he had dropped her off that morning. There were a lot of rumors floating around in the beginning that people saw her walking that morning and that they also saw her at McDonalds and someone even said their child saw Tiahleigh at school that morning before the bell.. Whether it was a case of mistaken identity or having the days mixed up I'm not sure, but it may have backed up Rick's story so the police started searching elsewhere.
When the news of Rick's car came out the family was saying that the waterford property was still in the picture. I'd be interested to know what made them search it in the first place and whether it really is connected or if they were just sent on a wild goose chase.

Thanks Fortunate.. from your link:

The claimed incestuous relationship that allegedly led to Tiahleigh Palmer's murder began with a crush, the slain schoolgirl's grandmother has said.

The claim comes as police reveal details of the toxic relationship between the pair and how Tiahleigh's foster brother Trent Thorburn, 19, allegedly took advantage of the girl, whose biological mother, Cindy Palmer, is a Kiwi.

In an interview with the Courier-Mail, Sue Palmer, who cared for 12-year-old Tiahleigh until she was 10, said her granddaughter had the opportunity to leave the Thorburn family's rural home, but insisted on remaining at the idyllic Chambers Flat property.

"She said she wanted to stay because of the boy and because she loved the horses on the property that they have there," Palmer told the Courier-Mail.

We didn't have any idea as to what was actually happening there - just that she had a crush on the boy and that was the main reason she wanted to stay."

No, bad granny. She was 12, she was groomed and vulnerable. Police state she complained to people FM included. Bad granny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668