Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The clothing would have to decompose for them to come off. It takes a lot of years before that would happen.

Fast flowing river water can do it if none of the clothing was very snug indeed, I saw a body pulled out the very-nearly-flooded Torrens River in '92 that had been stripped by the current. Rivers seem to do it in a way that the ocean doesn't quite so much, possible because rivers are full of dead tree branches and the like.

Not that it is unlikely she was already naked when dumped.

100% agree.
Through my own similar experience as a child at Tiahleigh's age....all I wanted was my mum. I believe Tiahleigh's mum was on track to recovery and red tape was dragging out the process of Tiahleigh being with her mum. Moo. I have studied Behavioural Science and will not go into the field of child protection for reasons of frustration with the system. The system needs a big overhaul and more people with life skills than just a damn text book degree.....
I understand totally if you delete this post Makara, but the system needs changing...

I have to disagree with both of these statements to some extent. The reason that Tiahleigh didn't want to return to her foster carer could be sinister. It could be that they abused her. Or it could be mundane and adolescent. It could be that they banned her from using facebook or the Internet in general and had a fight about this.

As for Tiahleigh returning to her mother's care I think it's important we keep in mind that we do not know the reasons she was removed from her mother to begin with. It is likely that these were pretty extreme and that the department of child safety had evidence of Tiahleigh being harmed.

I hope the CCTV cameras in the area, or dashcams are of some assistance. Otherwise, unless the creep talks or they find some DNA on her, it could go unsolved. Quite scary to think about if he enjoyed it, with schoolies coming up.

Could Tiah swim?
Not that she was leasurly swimming in the river but she could have tried to escape an assault.

She was only 12, a child.

I have been reading about Tiahleigh in recent days but haven't posted on her thread before because I've just found it too upsetting. Poor little love.

Another child missing/murdered, another child in care, another incidence of people having their hands tied by FaCS. So angry.

Will get my emotions in check and come back to help if I can.

Here's a link to the live police press conference that just ended. http://livestream.com/queenslandpolice/events/4475551

From the conference...police searching the area again today to find her uniform and backpack. They don't know where it is.

Reports from students that Tiah did in fact go into the school @ 8.10am - 8.20 mark but some media outlets are reporting she didn't go into the school.

A timeline has been established between 7am & 10am and LE are interested in any dashcam footage of the area.

43 students have been interviewed and police are again at the school today.

There are no suspects at this point

Tiah didn't generally have access to a mobile phone.

The information we have is that the last sighting she was by herself.

There is a team of 20 detectives looking at known sex offenders in the area.

Up to 60 detectives working on the case at this stage.

Detectives are treating the case as a homicide but as it could take weeks to determine the exact cause of death and Coast police sources suggest that “so far there are not a lot of leads”.

Assistant Commissioner Brian Codd last night told the Bulletin: “It is going to be a hard one.

“This is a young girl who has had an incredibly challenging life from an early age.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...choolgirl-murder/story-fni0xqrc-1227602561361

The clothing would have to decompose for them to come off. It takes a lot of years before that would happen. If any of her clothing was polyester or some of the newer stuff it would take decades for that to happen. I saw the article about her being found that way, I was thinking maybe the writer of that assumed since her school outfit was missing she was naked. Who knows? I see a lot of discrepancies in between the printed stuff and the facts.

Paul Kochu who was missing from Pittsburgh last year and who's body was recovered about 80 miles down river in. W. Va 4 months later was totally unclothed when found and not from decomposition but from current.

I am not sure if I saw the whole media conference. It cut out just after the spokesman said that they did not know where the story that Tiah's Facebook account had been deactivated that morning had come from.

Wait, so the school didn't contact Tiah's foster parents to let them know she didn't show up for class? Why is it that some schools call the parents when a child doesn't attend to make sure the parent knows, and some do not?

From the press conference, it seems Tiah was at school for at least a few hours. Then I get confused.

He said it was very early days in the investigation, but police were of the belief Tiah’s body was left at the river, just off Kirkin Road North near Jacobs Well, rather than carried downstream from another dumping site.

Police are already looking in to Tiahleigh’s complicated personal life and Detective Superintendent Hutchinson said that included family members.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...tiahleigh-palmer/story-fnihsrf2-1227600227745

'complicated personal life' .. is there an echo in here?

Why don't they just say it, FOSTER CARE, see .. that wasn't so hard was it?

'complicated personal life' .. is there an echo in here?

Why don't they just say it, FOSTER CARE, see .. that wasn't so hard was it?

Arrrgh Mrs G my heart is breaking for these innocent children caught up with selfish adults. This child needed H.E.L.P. Her fears were real and needed to be addressed. Imagine not knowing who loves you or where your going next?

Poor baby needed a phycologist or someone to listen to her. She deserved that.

However, police considered the schoolgirl to be a 'runaway'.
Queensland Police have since defended their decision not to alert the public sooner, with Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson stating in a news conference on Saturday that police had been busy interviewing witnesses and reviewing CCTV footage behind the scenes.
However, Ms Pemberton told Daily Mail Australia: 'We tried to get help but everybody blocked us.
'But it's too late now.'

Ms Pemberton said the 12-year-old ran away a couple of times while 'Tia' was in her care, but the little girl was always quickly found and says the behaviour is typical for a child of that age.
'She did run away a couple of times in my care like most kids do but she was never gone for more than two hours.
'She'd been running away a lot more frequently this year and I don't know why.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-parents-missing-children.html#ixzz3r3f27564
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Paul Kochu who was missing from Pittsburgh last year and who's body was recovered about 80 miles down river in. W. Va 4 months later was totally unclothed when found and not from decomposition but from current.

He said it was very early days in the investigation, but police were of the belief Tiah’s body was left at the river, just off Kirkin Road North near Jacobs Well, rather than carried downstream from another dumping site.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1227600227745

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members