GUILTY Australia - Tina Watson, 26, dies on honeymoon scuba dive, QLD, 22 Oct 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
oh the trained safety diver just swam off and left his struggling wife to deal with a lack of oxygen on her own, and the record of his ascent showed that he lied about it...i dont need motive, just common sense. no newly married safety diver does that without motive i know you by your actions and from what i know he KILLED her. imo.

who cares why he killed her.

judge doesnt want anyone seeing gabe taking flowers off his dead wifes grave and then judge cant see a motive.

why would you take flowers off someones grave?

one blind mouse, imo.

judge doesnt want anyone seeing gabe taking flowers off his dead wifes grave and then judge cant see a motive.

one blind mouse, imo.

JVM is covering this again and I still can't believe the judge did this. It's just mindnumbingly absurd.

I think they ought to investigate the judge for some kind of misconduct or something. Or maybe insanity or mental disease. Even if he has an issue with the prosecution (as has been suggested--I don't know if this is really true) how could he in good conscience let that be more important than getting justice for this murdered woman? It's sick. He's just as sick as GW, imo.

Whoa, You are one sharp Sleuther Allusonz ;} Thanks.

I'm sure it will tell why the info they learned in the reenactment wasn't enough to keep him in the pokey.

There is alot of information there. It even has the video of him cutting the flowers off the grave.

I came across this site I believe while I was researching information on the Zahra Baker case.

Who was that recording him and how did they know he would do that or be there?

Verbiage taken from Dateline special:

And something very odd was going on at the cemetery. The flowers Tina's family placed on her grave kept disappearing. Tina's father began attaching them to the gravesite with wires. They disappeared again: cut free by a bolt cutter.

Sgt. Flynn had a hunch what was going on so he set up a video surveillance of Tina's grave.

Much more at link , including video.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24713499/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/mystery-deep-blue-sea/

watching the Dateline Special right now.

He is not doing himself many favors by 'telling his side' of this. If I was not certain of his guilt before, I sure am now. Too bad he just got away with it legally here. He killed his bride.

Verbiage taken from Dateline special:

And something very odd was going on at the cemetery. The flowers Tina's family placed on her grave kept disappearing. Tina's father began attaching them to the gravesite with wires. They disappeared again: cut free by a bolt cutter.

Sgt. Flynn had a hunch what was going on so he set up a video surveillance of Tina's grave.

Much more at link , including video.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24713499/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/mystery-deep-blue-sea/

Am watching the special now.

His explanation for cutting down all of the flowers is because ' she liked the real flowers that I gave her, not those plastic ones.'

Umm...ok....did you fill the empty space up with real flowers then? No, Oh...

one blind mouse, imo.

Because the people who put the flowers there hate you, think you killed their daughter and have been pressuring LE on two continents to charge you with murder.

(To be clear, I'm not blaming the victim's parents. I'm just saying that from Watson's point of view, he may have had good reason to hold a grudge against his in-laws.)

And what does removing the flowers have to do with whether Watson murdered his wife? Nothing. The judge was right to exclude that tape.

He is not doing himself many favors by 'telling his side' of this. If I was not certain of his guilt before, I sure am now. Too bad he just got away with it legally here. He killed his bride.

Why? I realize the prosecution doesn't have to prove motive, but in a case with no smoking gun (or underwater equivalent) and no fingerprints or similar artifacts, where the death occurred in an environment with a high risk of accidental death, it would be nice if a believable motive were alleged.

Spending $15K to get $30K (you don't even make sure you get) is not a good motive.

I watched the program last night and I found Gabe Watson's answers very odd, but that's not in and of itself proof of murder.

And the prosecution's theory--that he grabbed his wife in a bear hug, turned off her oxygen until she died (4 to 5 minutes?) and then turned it back on and let her sink--would be more compelling if the DA weren't alleging that Watson did all this in an area filled with other divers on the same trip.

Hell, even the famous picture of the dead victim was snapped by accident and has at least two other divers in the shot. How could Watson have forcibly drowned his wife without fear that someone else would wander nearby and see them?

This case is very different from the Robin Gardner murder in Aruba where Gardner was apparently drowned (or otherwise killed) where nobody else could see her or her assailant.

2013:

Criminologists Dr Asher Flynn, from Monash University, and Dr Kate Fitz-Gibbon, from Deakin University, have examined Watson’s trials in Queensland and Alabama, and in a new book say justice was denied for one reason: money...

Flynn and Fitz-Gibbon’s research suggests the decision to accept a plea deal instead of running a full murder trial saved the Queensland Government up to $2 million.

They conclude: “This saving appears to have been a substantial motivation underpinning the Queensland ODPP’s (Office of the Director of Public Prosecution) decision to bargain its way out of prosecuting Gabe for Tina’s murder.”...

In Birmingham, Alabama... as in Queensland, financial constraints would rob Tina’s family of justice.

Prosecutors could not afford to produce key witnesses from Australia, and were unable to present key evidence painstakingly constructed by police...

n their research, Flynn and Fitz-Gibbon interviewed Watson’s family, who were sure of their son’s innocence, but also felt let down by him not facing a jury.

The Watson family felt that without a jury making a decision on Gabe’s guilt, he was denied the chance to clear his name once and for all.

November 2015:

THE father of an American bride Tina Watson, who died in mysterious circumstances during a honeymoon diving trip off Townsville, has lost his battle with cancer...

His wife Cindy Thomas posted “he is holding our sweet daughter now”...

US detective Lieutenant Brad Flynn, who investigated Tina’s death, said Mr Thomas’s death was devastating.

“I lost one of my heroes. (He was) one of the strongest and most dedicated men I have ever known,” Lt Flynn said.

“Throughout the journeys, you (Tommy) empowered us ... when there was a door slammed in our face, you kept us motivated and helped remind me what we were fighting for.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.to...d/news-story/18a03c5524d52c0fe12b02655416b76f

Ita.

And the fact that there were other divers means little; as most of them weren't floating there in one spot-- watching G. (do not feel like posting his name) and Tina.
The other divers were looking at the sights and constantly moving around.
G. would've had ample time to murder her.

Rest in peace, Tina and now her father. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen