Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyah Cordingley's dog 'tied up so tight it couldn't sit down' when it was found on Wangetti Beach | Daily Mail Online

The above article is the only link i can find that says her dog was bound tightly? There may be others. Did anyone see a couple?

Some interesting points from another article - article link below

"Locals said the beach was frequented by a group of “oddbods” and vagrants, with recent reports of nudity and sexually deviant behaviour in the sand dunes.

"Police confirmed Ms Cordingley’s dog was found on the beach and said her death could have been a sexually related murder.

“It may well be the case this young woman has run into a stranger or potentially a person known to her and circumstances have unfolded that have led to her death.

The large dog may have been tied up before a threat was presented, or it did not see the killer as a threat."

The article also says that they want to speak with dash-cam users between Smithfiled & Port Douglas. She might have gone back to Smithfiled to collect her swim gear, & or her/their dog? Maybe it's where her parents live? MOO?

‘Chilling to think a killer is out there’

15 people!! surely someone saw something, gosh to know so many people were not too far away is heart breaking.
Sounds like those 15 people were like a lot of people I knew of when I lived up that way. 'Illegal campers' I think they were referred to. Locals often referred to them as 'itinerates' and they were usually left alone, just as they left others alone. There are a few hut type things along there also. People who just wanted to do their own thing away from others eg smoke dope etc. Nudety was a way of life. No real need for clothes and easy to bath in the sea at any time. I used to work with a guy who lived there. But that was a few years ago, so things could change I guess. However this is quite a distance away from where Toyah was found - probably a few kilometres and the noise of the wind, sea and highway traffic could easily have muffled any screams or dog whimpering.
MHOO

Police said they had no leads or suspects and hope the scientific examination of the body would be completed by yesterday afternoon.
This was stated a day or so after Toyah's murder. Strange that police have not given any information out about the method, cause, injuries from the scientific examination. Nor any information what they found on the dog. Police know a lot more than they are saying. I know it takes time. But everyone is needing closure in this matter.

15 people!! surely someone saw something, gosh to know so many people were not too far away is heart breaking.
Maybe Toyah chose the secluded part of the beach so the dog could run freely without running up to people and annoying them.
Big dogs too can be really friendly, maybe too friendly at times.
This dog would not have attended the funeral if it was at all unruly.

Police said they had no leads or suspects and hope the scientific examination of the body would be completed by yesterday afternoon.
This was stated a day or so after Toyah's murder. Strange that police have not given any information out about the method, cause, injuries from the scientific examination. Nor any information what they found on the dog. Police know a lot more than they are saying. I know it takes time. But everyone is needing closure in this matter.

From past crimes I've learnt that cops never divulge the full truth.
They always need something up their sleeves to presure the crim or eliminate looneys coming forth saying they did it.

Toyah worked at a chemist, right?
That's were people buy their medications.
Could someone with mental problems have befriended Toyah and she casually spoke of her routine?
I often see and hear customers having in-depth conversations with the staff at my local chemist.
Do druggies get their Methodone from the chemists?

Sounds like those 15 people were like a lot of people I knew of when I lived up that way. 'Illegal campers' I think they were referred to. Locals often referred to them as 'itinerates' and they were usually left alone, just as they left others alone. There are a few hut type things along there also. People who just wanted to do their own thing away from others eg smoke dope etc. Nudety was a way of life. No real need for clothes and easy to bath in the sea at any time. I used to work with a guy who lived there. But that was a few years ago, so things could change I guess. However this is quite a distance away from where Toyah was found - probably a few kilometres and the noise of the wind, sea and highway traffic could easily have muffled any screams or dog whimpering.
MHOO

Thanks for that insight. Sounds like they are a pretty fun loving bunch hehe

Toyah worked at a chemist, right?
That's were people buy their medications.
Could someone with mental problems have befriended Toyah and she casually spoke of her routine?
I often see and hear customers having in-depth conversations with the staff at my local chemist.
Do druggies get their Methodone from the chemists?

Yes methadone is supplied by pharmacies, I often see them waiting outside... I'm not sure of her pharmacy though, although ii does say some in the chain offer these services...

Opioid Substitution | Wholehealth Pharmacy and Healthfoods

Yes methadone is supplied by pharmacies, I often see them waiting outside... I'm not sure of her pharmacy though, although ii does say some in the chain offer these services...

Opioid Substitution | Wholehealth Pharmacy and Healthfoods
where she works is less of a pharmacy and more of a large health food shop .. and I think it unlikely to be honest that murderer was a customer ... IMHO I think it more likely someone she knew even if only vaguely .Police have not released many details about cause of death or whether she was sexually assaulted ..but was clearly violent( strangled or bashed with rock ??) who tied the dog up ?

where she works is less of a pharmacy and more of a large health food shop .. and I think it unlikely to be honest that murderer was a customer ... IMHO I think it more likely someone she knew even if only vaguely .Police have not released many details about cause of death or whether she was sexually assaulted ..but was clearly violent( strangled or bashed with rock ??) who tied the dog up ?
yes, still - they offer opioid services, and as you say BBM above "I think it more likely someone she knew even if only vaguely", which kinda fits the criteria, at the chemist I mean... depends on whether they dish out methadone or not. It's a possibility IMO

I have worked with people in methadone clinics, and back then as young semi-okay looking female, I have to admit they were very kind to me. Just because someone is on methadone doesn't mean they are more likely to commit an act of murder like this. Petty crimes, robbery...perhaps to support their habit.

I wonder who the people are at the cafe her BF worked at? What one was it? bar & grill? maybe an fellow colleague who was familiar with her and her beach habits.

I have worked with people in methadone clinics, and back then as young semi-okay looking female, I have to admit they were very kind to me. Just because someone is on methadone doesn't mean they are more likely to commit an act of murder like this. Petty crimes, robbery...perhaps to support their habit.

I wonder who the people are at the cafe her BF worked at? What one was it? bar & grill? maybe an fellow colleague who was familiar with her and her beach habits.

BBM above. No i wouldn't think so either, but there are also the sneaky ones that consume methadone & ice, for e.g... So, i wouldn't rule it out altogether. Poly drug use is common.

Could be a fellow worker (of BF), could be an itinerant passing through, could be a friend/lover/family member/stalker ... I guess we need to wait & see what comes out next

“She was 800m north of the southern access point, and there are only two access points at Wangetti,” he said.

“She was between the foreshore and the start of bushland.

“This is not a highly frequented area. People notice each other at Wangetti Beach.”
No Cookies | The Cairns Post

If she was found 800 metres north of the south carpark, this suggests she began to walk north & either was walking with the person who attacked her, or came across someone on the way? Or on way back? There definitely seems to be some dunes in the video, not huge, but dunes and bush nonetheless... seems should could be fairly well hidden?

I think this one has been posted before. It’s quite short and worth a watch :)
I believe it to be the south end of Wangetti looking south IYKWIM. The north end has a cliff top car park area I believe.
There are evidently no ‘dunes’ as you might traditionally think of them (mountains of sand) but sloping beach and sandy area just bordering directly into the scrub. There is a little estuary too, you can see it in the vid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member