Australia Australia - Two Female Backpackers attacked at Salt Creek, SA, 9 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 2m
Mr Mohammed's son, Abdul Karim, tells jury the naked Brazilian ran to their car "as if there was someone right behind her".

"She started screaming 'go go go, get out of here, he's going to kill us all'."

He says Brazilian told them: "No no no, just go, he tried to kill me, he tried to rape me, he's still got my friend, she's out there."

He says they offered to take her to safety and she refused. "I'm not going to leave my friend behind," she said. "She saved my life."

Asked to describe Brazilian's demeanour, he says "it was like she had seen the devil".

He says Brazilian was terrified and yelling at first, within 15 minutes had broken down and was crying.

He says the mood in the car "was just all over the place... we were like 'is this for real?'."

The #SaltCreek trial has adjourned for the week and will resume at 11am on Monday. Full coverage now on @theTiser and in tomorrow's paper.

Thank you JudgeJudi :seeya:

Well, this was the week that was. I was staggered by all the testimony.

DRT, I usually sit on the fence until I hear both sides, well, certainly up to and including the defendant's version. However, this is the third consecutive trial I've followed where I took a position very early on. I've thought about it a lot when I've torn myself away from my PC and tried to think of other possible scenarios, but to me it's an open and shut case. If we all have the same opinion here, I can't see that the jury will be any different unless of course there's an odd one out, which can of course happen. I think the jury were as shocked as we were to hear what happened.

JJ

I can’t wait to hear RH’s evidence, that’s assuming of course that he chooses to testify. However, he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. If he elects not to take the stand he won’t have to endure cross-examination. The Judge would then instruct the jury that they can’t draw an adverse inference based wholly on that silence. I’m sure most juries would look most unfavourably on a defendant who took this course though ... well, I can tell you that I certainly would.

Thanks JudgeJudi for keeping us all updated. Please don't for a minute think that I would ever victim bash, but having been on WebSleuths for any length of time, some of the choices that younger people make just horrifies me. And they do it all over the world! I admire their sense of adventure and seeing the world and meeting new people, but the world is a scary, scary place with people that are always looking and plotting and planning ways to take advantage. Some of the apps and websites they use for rides and roommates and travel mates - aaacckkkk! But I suppose it's also just as well that younger people aren't as cynical and suspicious as I am! Hope you have a great weekend JudgeJudi!

I agree with all your comments tlorik. Just to add to your list, what shocks me are the personal details people reveal about themselves on social media for the whole world to see. When you read of young people committing suicide because of hateful comments on Facebook etc., you know we're living in a very different world these days.

You have a great weekend too, and everyone else here.

[Call me JJ if you like ... everyone else on WS does)

Hi! Chicagoan here, may I ask - Bonnet of car is roof, or hood? And what's a bullbar? Is that the metal contraption attached to the grill
Of some vehicles?

The courage of these young women - fantastically strong. And the men who helped them - also heroic! Everyone's got tenacity involved with this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! Chicagoan here, may I ask - Bonnet of car is roof, or hood? And what's a bullbar? Is that the metal contraption attached to the grill
Of some vehicles?

The courage of these young women - fantastically strong. And the men who helped them - also heroic! Everyone's got tenacity involved with this case.

Hi Simply Caustic :seeya:

The bonnet is the hood of the vehicle.

And yes, the bullbar is indeed the metal contraption fitted on the front. I'm curious as to what they're called in the States?

Grille guard or brush guard in Texas.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Grille guard or brush guard in Texas.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ah, okay.

They're also called 'roo bars' here in Australia. (which is a reference to kangaroos)

To our recent new members,

:welcome4:

We're only small in number on this thread and it's especially nice to have some overseas members joining in.

Hi Simply Caustic :seeya:

The bonnet is the hood of the vehicle.

And yes, the bullbar is indeed the metal contraption fitted on the front. I'm curious as to what they're called in the States?

Yes! Grill guard is what I would call it. Thank you!!

http://www.smh.com.au/national/who-killed-victoria-cafasso-20151008-gk41h0.html

it makes sense if reports are true they were reviewing RH as potential perp for Victoria Cafasso's murder in Tasmania. Her bikini bottoms were missing. She was both bludgeoned by a blunt instrument and sustained multiple stab wounds. It unusual that RH used both a hammer and a knife in the attack- the use of both weapons appearing to be a premeditated selection on his person when he tricked the Brazilian to go into the dunes.

The MO also fits the Lina Marciano case - bludgeoned, stabbed (and strangled). Wrapped in curtain from West Germany. 25mins from Morphett Vale where RH is from.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...y/news-story/ef120d316ef13988815e563fa4cf294a

http://www.smh.com.au/national/who-killed-victoria-cafasso-20151008-gk41h0.html

it makes sense if reports are true they were reviewing RH as potential perp for Victoria Cafasso's murder in Tasmania. Her bikini bottoms were missing. She was both bludgeoned by a blunt instrument and sustained multiple stab wounds. It unusual that RH used both a hammer and a knife in the attack- the use of both weapons appearing to be a premeditated selection on his person when he tricked the Brazilian to go into the dunes.

The MO also fits the Lina Marciano case - bludgeoned, stabbed (and strangled). Wrapped in curtain from West Germany. 25mins from Morphett Vale where RH is from.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...y/news-story/ef120d316ef13988815e563fa4cf294a

Great work Aequitas.

I'm sure he's killed before and those two cases make terrible sense re him being the perpetrator. (The detail about the curtain being from West Germany is particularly significant in relation to RH imo)

it's just my opinion, which i hope is permissible to give without being in breach, and please edit me out if this is the case ... but it does seem highly unlikely that one would 'begin' their alleged offending at the seasoned age of 60 with a first offence of such a heinous nature; also with the flicker travelling/camping aspect further stating being single and "other" has me speculating as to possible involvement in a broader cross section of other unsolved MPs...
eg. https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/who-missing/vic/govan-donald-donny

[emoji887]

Hi everyone. Just to let you know that I'll be late posting tomorrow morning's tweets as I have an appointment in Sydney. Hopefully I'll have them all up by, say 12'ish.

Hi everyone. Just to let you know that I'll be late posting tomorrow morning's tweets as I have an appointment in Sydney. Hopefully I'll have them all up by, say 12'ish.
do we know who is giving evidence tomorrow?

Sean Fewster @SeanFewster · 20m20 minutes ago
#SaltCreek trial resumes with evidence from plastic surgeon Dr Andrew Raymond, who treated German's scalp wounds.

He says she had 4 jagged lacerations to her scalp, "full thickness through all layers of the skin, down to the bone".

Dr Raymond: "They had tearing, jagged edges. It didn't look like a sharp object had sliced through the skin".

Dr Raymond: "There was an area of skull that was exposed but not broken. Within the wound there was blood clot and sand."

Dr Raymond says scalp tears ranged from 10mm to 55mm in length, caused by blunt force trauma. No fracture to skull.

Dr Raymond says he can't say what caused the tears, just from looking at them, but they are "consistent" with a hammer.

Dr Raymond: "I think she's incredibly lucky they were not more serious. It's amongst the hardest bones in the skull."

Dr Raymond: "Her injuries could've been more life-threatening. If left to bleed continuously for longer, they could've been so."

Defence suggests a strike by a carpenter's hammer would've caused a skull fracture. "Not necessarily", Dr Raymond says.

Dr Raymond explains it depends on who's swinging the hammer, what angle it travels and how much force was applied.

Defence suggests injuries may have been caused by German falling off roof of 4WD and impacting upon bullbar, aerial mount etc.

:rage: :puke:

Dr Raymond says that she would have had to fall off "multiple times" and from different angles to get such injuries.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back