Australia Australia - Two Female Backpackers attacked at Salt Creek, SA, 9 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If H was in Darwin during 1974, he may have been there at Xmas 1974, Serial killers paradise.

"THE MORE YOU read of the devastation Cyclone Tracy wrought, the harder it is to believe that only seventy-seven people died that night – though there are still 160 listed as missing – and it's no surprise to find that the figure is endlessly disputed. Little is known of the fate of those without formal addresses – the hippies who slept on the beaches, the Indigenous people known as 'long-grassers' – and from what I can gather no serious attempt was made to estimate the deaths in these groups."

[h=1]Salt Creek backpacker attack accused facing new charges[/h] FOX SPORTS - 1 day , 20 hours 38 minutes ago
THE man accused of the Salt Creek backpacker kidnapping and sexual assault will face additional charges understood to relate to a separate incident, a court has heard. ▶ Full story on foxsports.com.au

[h=1]Salt Creek backpacker attack accused facing new charges[/h] FOX SPORTS - 1 day , 20 hours 38 minutes ago
THE man accused of the Salt Creek backpacker kidnapping and sexual assault will face additional charges understood to relate to a separate incident, a court has heard. ▶ Full story on foxsports.com.au

Damn! 404-ed again! *swears profusely*

Never mind, we'll find out as soon as the trial has been concluded for the 'alleged' crimes committed against those two poor girls. I expected as much anyway regarding the likelihood of other 'alleged' crime(s).

Old article:

'Man accused of Salt Creek backpacker abduction and rape may be linked to the cold case murder of another woman in 1995.

Salt Creek attack case could be linked to a cold case murder interstate. #SaltCreek #7News
https://t.co/RWRfrbWFQm
— 7 News Adelaide (@7NewsAdelaide) February 18, 2016'

The man accused of last week’s alleged kidnapping and attempted murder of two backpackers at Salt Creek is being investigated for links to the murder of an Italian tourist in 1995.'

'Tasmania police are now examining similarities between the two cases.

“Taskforce investigators are in touch regularly with our interstate colleagues and we’re seeking their assistance and asking them to check records,” Inspector Trent Cox told Seven News.

While SA police say there’s no evidence to link the 59-year-old Morphett Vale man with any other crimes they say they will leave no stone unturned.'

The link was dead before I posted but it was the only place I found the first sentence of the article confirming the additional charges relate to a separate crime.

The link was dead before I posted but it was the only place I found the first sentence of the article confirming the additional charges relate to a separate crime.

I did a quick online search last night but browser crashed so gave up and went to bed. I'll have another sniff around for possibilities today.

This case has suppression order in South Australia but elsewhere it's ok:

The Adelaide Magistrates Court heard how South Australia was known as the “suppression state” and that traditional media outlets were bound by any secrecy orders while publications interstate, and overseas were not.

Source: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/n...5785839dd28566

roman heinze coorong creek SA.jpg

FB pages:

https://www.facebook.com/roman.heinze.3
https://www.facebook.com/roman.heinze.52

Dating profile:

https://www.dateinasia.com/roman+heinze

Potential Victims:

FARRUGIA, Stella Mary

Personal Details
Missing since:
Thursday, 18 October 1984
Henley Beach SA
Jurisdiction:
South Australia
Year of birth:
Height:
154 cm
Build:
Average
Eyes:
Brown
Hair:
Straight Golden Brown
Complexion:
Olive

Circumstances
On Thursday 18 October 1984, Stella Farrugia, aged 18 years, was reported missing by her boyfriend. He said that he last saw her at her home address on Seaview Road, Henley Beach, the day before, on Wednesday 17 October 1984.

Stella’s boyfriend had only moved in with her a few weeks earlier after she broke up with, and evicted, her ex-boyfriend for hitting her.

Stella was described as outgoing with lots of personality, kind, generous and easily led by others. She left behind all her clothing, her dog, and her bank account was untouched. She has also made no contact with her family despite being close to them.

Stella’s disappearance remains unsolved and her current whereabouts are unknown.

Police suspect she has been murdered

ODAU, Michaela
Personal Details
Missing since:
Sunday, 19 December 1982
Elizabeth Field SA
Jurisdiction:
South Australia
Year of birth:
Hair:
Dark Brown
Complexion:
Fair

Circumstances
Michaela Godau was born in Germany in April 1967. She migrated to Australia in November 1981 with her mother, step-father and brother. They lived at Walpole Street, Davoren Park, together until her mother returned to work in Germany in July 1982. Michaela, her step-father and brother remained in Adelaide.

Michaela was last seen going to bed at about 10.00 p.m. on Sunday, 19 December 1982 at the family home in Elizabeth Field. She was gone the following morning, and at 5.35 p.m. her step-father reported her missing. Cash, Michaela's passport, and some of her personal items were also missing.

She was aged 15 at the time of her disappearance. She has not been seen since.

Police suspect she has been murdered.

How many?

Does anyone else have any other candidates?

Can anyone track his timeline as he moved around the country since the mid-70s.

How many?

Police are now investigating similarities between last week's alleged kidnapping and attempted murder of two backpackers at Salt Creek and a notorious cold case murder in Tasmania from more than 20 years ago in a bombshell development in the investigation, Seven News can reveal.

The death of Italian tourist Victoria Cafasso in 1995 is one of Tasmania's most baffling unsolved crimes.

The 20-year-old was stabbed in a frenzied attack on a lonely beach on the state's east coast.

She was found partially naked in the shallows with her attacker nowhere to be seen.

“Taskforce investigators are in touch regularly with our interstate colleagues and we're seeking their assistance and asking them to check records,” Inspector Trent Cox said.

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/news-stories/reports-salt-creek-attacker-has-killed-before-25538

he also looks pretty similar to composite from Falconio murder
http://falconio.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/4/6/10466037/100344.jpg
http://falconio.weebly.com/rumour-busters.html

How many?

this is in the other thread on websleuths.

pretty sure it was arrived at by looking at photo locations/notes on his FB.

"Feb 1976 Gold coast
January 4th 1974 Darwin
March 4th 1995 Germany
August 19th 2012 Karratha WA "

I wouldn't have started this if I knew there was already a thread (I should have searched!).

I had a read through. Some good stuff in there and will be revisiting to go through some of those links in detail. I'd suggest mods merge the threads but this one is out of the closet in terms of his ID.

I don't think there's a person who wouldn't be completely surprised if this guy wasn't an SK. This guy has SK written all over him.

I wouldn't have started this if I knew there was already a thread (I should have searched!).

I had a read through. Some good stuff in there and will be revisiting to go through some of those links in detail. I'd suggest mods merge the threads but this one is out of the closet in terms of his ID.

I don't think there's a person who wouldn't be completely surprised if this guy wasn't an SK. This guy has SK written all over him.

I think it's good to have a separate thread discussing possible victims. I agree with you. If he's not an SK, he's almost certainly a violent repeat sexual offender IMO.

Can't see this information on the thread:

Accused Salt Creek backpacker attacker temporarily abandons bail application
ABC News
By Tom Fedorowytsch
Mon Apr 18 15:48:27 EST 2016

'A court has heard medical and computer forensic evidence is still being gathered against a man accused of attacking two women in South Australia's Coorong in February.'

'The court heard the man would abandon a bail application for now, but his defence flagged a fresh application.'

'The man will re-appear in court in Adelaide in June when a date will be set for him to answer the charges.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...ek-attacker-abandons-bail-application/7335388

Just reading old articles about this case. The fact that we've heard nothing more in MSM, coupled with the investigators' early comments and the size of the Task Force, seems even more ominous. Even more reason to believe RH is a violent repeat offender.

Coorong backpacker kidnap, rape case: Taskforce taking calls as they investigate alleged rapist for other 'sinister' crimes
ABC News
Updated Fri Feb 12 17:14:40 EST 2016
Posted Fri Feb 12 10:08:33 EST 2016

'"The very nature of this crime cries out for us to inquire into the background of this particular suspect," Assistant Commissioner Barr said.

"We'll be trawling his history and other persons he may have come across.

"These sorts of cases are very rare ... it would be prudent to investigate the background of this offence."

Detectives have seized a number of items from the accused man's home in Adelaide's southern suburbs as well as his vehicle.

"They do cause us some concerns, which we will look at," Assistant Commissioner Barr said.

"All questions, missing persons are right at the top, will be examined to see if there are any that are perhaps linked to the suspect."'

'Taskforce Coorong was established on Thursday and includes a team of 12 detectives and intelligence officers.'

'Senior Constable Tim Sydenham said the taskforce was looking into the accused man's background for anything "sinister".'

'He said the police could not go into a lot of detail about the case, "unfortunately, for public benefit, because there is a man facing court".

Police said they were conducting interviews and forensic examinations of a number of areas, and said a "wide range of exhibits had been seized" and would be examined in detail.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...investigate-alleged-backpacker-rapist/7162440

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back