Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*yawns*

'If I, I get to know your name
Well if I, could trace your private number, baby

I set my sights on you (and no one else will do)
And I, I've got to have my way now, baby

All I know is that to me
You look like you're having fun
Open up your lovin' arms
Watch out here I come

You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby
Right round round round
Right round round round

I got to be your friend now, baby
And I would like to move in just a little bit closer

I want your love
I want your love

All I know is that to me
You look like you're lots of fun
Open up your lovin' arms
Watch out, here I come

Right round round round
Right round round round
'

Rinse and repeat.

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)

'The man quizzed by police today after a woman’s fatal plunge from a Surfers Paradise high-rise is a Gold Coast resident.

Police questioned 28-year-old Gable Tostee for several hours today and he was also taken to Southport Police Station for forensic testing.

Police released Mr Tostee without charge.Mr Tostee is known to police, masterminding a $30,000 Schoolies fake identification racket in 2004.

Mr Tostee and his friend Ryan Lee Sara and Jeremy James Stahl produced at least 500 fake 18+ cards, which they sold for about $60 each, before they were caught.

The trio was placed on probation but a conviction was not recorded.

At the time, Judge John Newton described Mr Tostee as intellectually gifted and advised him to better use his skills in the future.'

Man quizzed after woman’s death plunge from high-rise in Surfers Paradise is named as Gable Tostee

Never mind WSers, it doesn't pay to be his 'friend' either:

Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal Appeals

Sara v Ray White Surfers Paradise [2013] QCATA 046 (APL230-12) Peta Stilgoe, Senior Member 25 February 2013

Full-text: QCATA13-046.pdf

Catchwords

MINOR CIVIL DISPUTE – whether grounds for leave to appeal

RESIDENTIAL TENANCY – where damage to unit through activation of sprinkler – whether tenant liable for repair costs

Source: http://www.sclqld.org.au/caselaw/QCATA/2013/046

And this, despite all efforts to the contrary, was easily fished from the 'shallows'.

*dons scuba gear*

Yes, as a nod to the Melbourne Cup, we acknowledge Eric Thomas/Gable Tostee has 'form.'

*yawns*

'If I, I get to know your name
Well if I, could trace your private number, baby

I set my sights on you (and no one else will do)
And I, I've got to have my way now, baby

All I know is that to me
You look like you're having fun
Open up your lovin' arms
Watch out here I come

Right round round round
Right round round round

I got to be your friend now, baby
And I would like to move in just a little bit closer

I want your love
I want your love

All I know is that to me
You look like you're lots of fun
Open up your lovin' arms
Watch out, here I come

Right round round round
Right round round round
'

Rinse and repeat.

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)

RIP Pete Burns:star1:

Gable Tostee's lawyer Saul Holt talks to Checkpoint about his client, the recording he made and the relief after he was found not guilty of murdering NZ woman Warriena Wright.

[video]https://youtu.be/4J3BMmGFoYk[/video]

I think Saul handled himself well during the interview from a heavily biased NZ interviewer.

Thanks for posting the video JD. Old Saul may be having his 'Damascus Road experience'. Something I very much doubt Gable has sincerely experienced, or ever will. As always, I hold out hope that I am proved wrong - for his sake.

I have a feeling Coroner's report will be a rubber stamp too. I am with Elde Fruit/Fairydust/John Dillinger/flying monkey on this. Yay for the rubber stamp.

Does anyone else remember when the Court of Appeal used it's rubber stamp for GBC and the public outcry was so strong that the High Court overturned it? Even the rubber stamp can be erased. But nevertheless I have full confidence in the flying monkeys.

Could you elaborate please, Nat?

I just think the public expectation is that there will be a thorough coronial investigation and there will be a lot of public pressure to ensure that happens.

I just think the public expectation is that there will be a thorough coronial investigation and there will be a lot of public pressure to ensure that happens.

Thanks. And I should hope so. Whether it will be open or, indeed, Gable will appear IDK.

I wonder if there will be any (quiet) pressure from NZ for a full coronial inquest, or if they will just let this go. I know they will not interfere with our courts and laws, as we do not interfere with theirs, but I wonder how high up the queries about this 'incident' have gone in NZ. We have quite the working relationship with our close neighbour and friend.

I'm sure NZ customs and immigration will already be aware of Tostee and his girlfriend's plans for them to move to NZ once his architectural studies are completed. They get our 60 Minutes program there, apparently.

I wonder if there will be any (quiet) pressure from NZ for a full coronial inquest, or if they will just let this go. I know they will not interfere with our courts and laws, as we do not interfere with theirs, but I wonder how high up the queries about this 'incident' have gone in NZ. We have quite the working relationship with our close neighbour and friend.

I'm sure NZ customs and immigration will already be aware of Tostee and his girlfriend's plans for them to move to NZ once his architectural studies are completed. They get our 60 Minutes program there, apparently.

I'd think so as despite the argy-bargy over deportation of Kiwis convicted of criminal offences in Australia, our Foreign Minister reports she has a close working relationship with her counterpart in NZ:

'On her trip across the Tasman, Bishop touched on some of the topics that have been a perpetual bugbear in trans-Tasman talks over the years.

One issue of vital interest to New Zealand is the relatively open border between our two countries.

Australia has in the past been uneasy about New Zealand being a backdoor entry into Australia. With the growing emphasis on regional security threats and Islamic State, could there be any threat of those borders tightening up?

Bishop's view is that's not necessary, and she believes there are good systems in place.

"We share a great deal of information. The flow of people between our two countries is open but it's also subject to very high levels of information exchange," she says.

"Our security intelligence and law enforcement agencies work exceedingly closely together to ensure we know [who is] coming into our countries."

The detention and deportation of expat Kiwis who fail Australia's bad character tests has also been an irritant.

But Bishop is no apologist for Australia's hardline stance.

"I believe we have achieved what we were seeking to do. We have a very special relationship with New Zealand.

"New Zealanders have greater access to Australia than any other country; easier access to Australia than any other country does; it's a very open arrangement.

"But just as New Zealand would deport Australians on your criteria we are entitled to deport New Zealanders on our criteria. And there's a general understanding that is the case."'

'Australia has no greater friend' - what Julie Bishop really thinks of New Zealand

Wishing you all a restful night or hassle-free day :loveyou: Goodnight :eek:fftobed:

*peeks back round the bedroom door*

Beware the 'filibuster'. Disengage. I repeat. Disengage.

*waves and disappears*

I may be tempting The Fates but it seems:

'Our revels are now ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp’d towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded in a sleep.'

~William Shakespeare (The Tempest [III-IV])​

But beware, by their words (and avatars) you will know them. They come to cause mischief and divert us from our goal of #Justice4Warriena.

Bohemian....Have you ever considered becoming a Mod here on WS ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member