Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
he had had tinder dates before,imo not a pre-planned death

Under the Queensland Criminal Code there is more than one way you can ‘commit murder’ and you do not necessarily have to intend to kill someone there are several ways you can meet the elements.
Under section 4 of s302 (Murder) it states it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to cause death or did not know that death was likely to result
From my understanding his actions need to have had a ‘significant causal effect’ – ie what he did may not have killed her directly, but they were a significant contributor to her death (as in the case of Royall that SouthAussie mentioned)
Also the strangling/choking would meet the requirement for GBH I think so that is another way that the elements could be met.

In particular note:

(2) Under subsection (1)(a) it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to hurt the particular person who is killed.
(4) Under subsection (1)(c) to (e) it is immaterial that the offender did not intend to cause death or did not know that death was likely to result

https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/L...CriminCode.pdf

Id like to know what GT's dad said to him during their chat on the phone and what went on after until GT went to the police station 11am that morning.

nowyoyager quote # 282 " He'd plied her with drinks in an atmosphere where she probably initially felt comfortable. Now her judgement was impaired.-"------ he might be guilty of murder, but this was not her first drinking/party experiance

Long time lurker, first time poster.

This Gable character is an interesting conundrum to be sure. He has all the hallmarks of a narcissistic psychopath (grandiosity, issues of power, lack of empathy, manipulative and leeching behaviours, impulsivity, sexual/alcohol/chemical addictions, adrenalin seeking etc) yet his whole MO seems geared at attracting the approval if a bunch of meat heads...which kinda goes against the standard behaviour of a narcissist/psychopath? Truly, usually they would consider themselves more superior anyway, not needing to attract approval.

But one thing is for sure, his behaviour is all about power and control. Taping people without their knowledge (which I'm surer is illegal under their telecommunications act) then replaying it on public forums in an egotistical power play...even just the knowledge of secretly taping someone puts him at an advantage, giving him feelings of total control over the situation.

The need to denigrate woman constantly, particularly when things don't go his way...it's always the woman's fault (even his footage of him almost hitting a car was due to him checking out a potentially decent chick)...his manipulative behaviour to women he has behaved in appropriately with (case in point, the woman who he manhandled, who he tried to cover up his tracks afterwards). His constant need to tell his side of these stories on public forums and put the record straight, so to speak, peppered with a large dose of sl*t shaming.

His escalating social and behavioural problems, to me, would not rule out some kind of premeditated assault. I find it interesting, one, that he started filming at 1am - presumably after they'd been intimate. If he was indeed in fear of his life, why wouldn't he have kicked her out immediately instead of indulging in two hours of theatrics - all of which he knew were taped - threatening to kick her out etc but not doing it, then essentially imprisoning her on a balcony?

The only reason to me was because he was taping the event to craft a case, constructing a self defence argument that was designed to help him and make him look like the victim. Interesting that he brings up an attempt to kill him given later events and also references to rough sex - sounds like typical projection to me. But even in an attempt to create a self defence scenario the real GT comes through, with bravado-laced diatribe about kicking her out without anything, hitting her etc.

My belief is that they had consensual sex, he tried something weird on her, she flipped out, he realises he may have gone too fair and starts taping the situation to make himself look innocent. He has attempted to choke her and realised he had gone really far, locks her on the balcony with the ominous phrase of her bring bad! I am starting to think he killed her, has potentially had sadistic fantasies before and while not premeditated, it offered an opp for him to do it. At the very least, he was clearly revelling in having this woman trapped in his apartment.

Lastly, his phone call to his father was pathetic, like some kid getting out of trouble by blaming someone else. Sickening and obvious they've covered up for him for god knows what before.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

This Gable character is an interesting conundrum to be sure. He has all the hallmarks of a narcissistic psychopath (grandiosity, issues of power, lack of empathy, manipulative and leeching behaviours, impulsivity, sexual/alcohol/chemical addictions, adrenalin seeking etc) yet his whole MO seems geared at attracting the approval if a bunch of meat heads...which kinda goes against the standard behaviour of a narcissist/psychopath? Truly, usually they would consider themselves more superior anyway, not needing to attract approval.

But one thing is for sure, his behaviour is all about power and control. Taping people without their knowledge (which I'm surer is illegal under their telecommunications act) then replaying it on public forums in an egotistical power play...even just the knowledge of secretly taping someone puts him at an advantage, giving him feelings of total control over the situation.

The need to denigrate woman constantly, particularly when things don't go his way...it's always the woman's fault (even his footage of him almost hitting a car was due to him checking out a potentially decent chick)...his manipulative behaviour to women he has behaved in appropriately with (case in point, the woman who he manhandled, who he tried to cover up his tracks afterwards). His constant need to tell his side of these stories on public forums and put the record straight, so to speak, peppered with a large dose of sl*t shaming.

His escalating social and behavioural problems, to me, would not rule out some kind of premeditated assault. I find it interesting, one, that he started filming at 1am - presumably after they'd been intimate. If he was indeed in fear of his life, why wouldn't he have kicked her out immediately instead of indulging in two hours of theatrics - all of which he knew were taped - threatening to kick her out etc but not doing it, then essentially imprisoning her on a balcony?

The only reason to me was because he was taping the event to craft a case, constructing a self defence argument that was designed to help him and make him look like the victim. Interesting that he brings up an attempt to kill him given later events and also references to rough sex - sounds like typical projection to me. But even in an attempt to create a self defence scenario the real GT comes through, with bravado-laced diatribe about kicking her out without anything, hitting her etc.

My belief is that they had consensual sex, he tried something weird on her, she flipped out, he realises he may have gone too fair and starts taping the situation to make himself look innocent. He has attempted to choke her and realised he had gone really far, locks her on the balcony with the ominous phrase of her bring bad! I am starting to think he killed her, has potentially had sadistic fantasies before and while not premeditated, it offered an opp for him to do it. At the very least, he was clearly revelling in having this woman trapped in his apartment.

Lastly, his phone call to his father was pathetic, like some kid getting out of trouble by blaming someone else. Sickening and obvious they've covered up for him for god knows what before.

:welcome6: MZD

:goodpost:

great post MZD, hope you will stay around.

It's all just guessing though as the press have only quoted individual lines without context.

To me it appears to have been a perfect storm of circumstance which has lead to both making very bad decisions. Him locking her out on the balcony rather than just kicking her out, and her trying to climb down.

But, without hearing the conversation in its entirety it's impossible to know one way or the other.

Manslaughter seems to be the more logical conclusion.

This Tostee character I fear could be a trend happening in parts of our society.
The club scene and alcohol has been a part of Australia's innocence but these horrific drugs are taking our children's generation to a new level frightens me.
Because of Tostee I searched 'keeping a woman for sexual slavery' and many very cruel *advertiser censored* sites which I could not open for fear of nightmares.
The cruelty, bondage and violence I feel is something that Tostee was fantasising.

I'm saddened for the actors but so fearful for the fools that imagine they are enjoying it.

Strange that Dominos Surfers Paradise closes at 2am on Fridays (Saturday morning) yet GT ordered pizza an hour after the fall ... Doesn't add up, unless he had a mate doing close.

Strange that Dominoes Surfers Paradise closes at 2am on Fridays (Saturday morning) yet GT ordered pizza an hour after the fall ... Doesn't add up, unless he had a mate doing close.

Hi Poss :seeya:

I'm surprised Dominos Pizza @ Surfers is opened until 2am. The big spending hero obviously didn't buy Warriena dinner if he was that hungry to scoff down a supreme pizza after allegedly murdering her.

I wonder if he has a pre existing paranoid schizophrenic condition if he snapped thinking she tried to kill him and taping conversations.
http://www.dominos.com.au/store/qld/surfers-paradise/98412?fl=no

nowyoyager quote # 282 " He'd plied her with drinks in an atmosphere where she probably initially felt comfortable. Now her judgement was impaired.-"------ he might be guilty of murder, but this was not her first drinking/party experiance

<modsnip>
'Not her first drinking/party experience' OMG nao we all have had a drink and partied but never anyone should experience this horrific death! :slap:

No! This is NOT the perfect end to a friendly *Fbuddy drink.

Please be mindful that WS is a victim friendly board

If you see a post that you feel is way out of line or against TOS, please do not respond, instead, use the alert button located lower left corner on every post.

“The female is then heard to struggle for breath as if her airway was restricted” while the male is heard repeating “let go, let go of it”.

Police claim noises consistent with a door unlocking and sliding open can then be heard.

“At this time the female begins screaming no, no, no,” the court document states.

The male is then heard to accuse the female of trying to kill him and warns her everything is being recorded while she continues to scream “No, no, no. Just let me go home”.

“I would but you have been a bad girl,” the male allegedly says before what police claim are noises consistent with a door sliding closing and being locked.

Was trying to think to if he went out to the balcony or not...but unless you can lock the door from outside....he must have locked her out, from the inside (as above...'door sliding closing and being locked'). I figure that as it suggests later he was looking for some keys (if memory serves me correct). That is, assuming they therefore weren't on him.

The other point I could gather from this news story is that he was clearly threatening her while she was out on the balcony. But was he out there or not? Or did he shove her out the door along with his terrible threats & then lock it. I'd love to know what others think... This case is so sad :-(

^
“The female is then heard to struggle for breath as if her airway was restricted” while the male is heard repeating “let go, let go of it”.
... since he had already said she was lucky he hadn't already thrown her off the balcony - I am wondering if "it" was the door handle to the balcony. She was holding it closed, under duress. If she had hold of his penis or part of him, wouldn't he say "let go of me"? I think he then shut her out there (9 degrees - cold) and he was going back out there and she tried to climb to escape him. MY OPINION ONLY

And...the other thing I'm struggling to understand is..if he just wanted her to leave, why didn't he just let her go out by the door??
It seems to me that after the struggle, he's then decided to go & open the door to the balcony which obviously really alarms her 'no, no, no' ...so he's obviously by this stage (I'm assuming) he's forcing her out (because who in there right mind would willingly go by this stage). After this the door is locked & muffled sounds can be heard of her pleading 'just let me go home'. Is he out on the balcony at this stage or not? It didn't say in the article whether the sound of the door was opened again after the 'fading scream'. I'm starting to think that perhaps he was inside?

More news
Details of the 199-minute recording included in the Supreme Court documents allegedly reveal a panic-stricken Tostee ringing his father after Ms Wright fell to her death and telling him: &#8220;Me and her had sex and it was like, the more that she drank, she just got more violent for some reason. I can&#8217;t remember what I did but I absolutely did not throw her off my balcony. I would never do anything like that.&#8221;

According to a police analysis, the mobile phone recording reveals hitting sounds and rocks possibly being thrown, a male voice complaining of being beaten up, a woman boasting of being a &#8220;ninja&#8221; and telling him: &#8220;Are you going to f------ untie me because I will f------ destroy your jaw&#8221;.

She also tells him that she is &#8220;going to go vampire on your *advertiser censored*&#8221;.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/gold-coast-playboy-gable-tostee-was-allegedly-beaten-up-during-drunken-kinky-sex-with-the-woman-hes-accused-of-killing-warriena-wright/story-fnihsrf2-1227050160636

HE CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT HE DID, BUT HE HAS THE PRESENCE OF MIND TO PHONE HIS LAWYER AND HIS FATHER.

Gable Tostee affidavit release "absolutely worrying": O'Gorman

"The question, therefore, has to be asked...where has the affidavit come from?" said Mr O'Gorman.
"Was it supplied to the media by the police?"
Aside from the police, court officials and Tostee's own legal team would have access to the documents.
Mr O'Gorman said he had never seen a bail affidavit in a high-profile case published before a bail hearing since the Fitgerald Inquiry into police corruption in 1989.
He said if it was proven that police had directly supplied certain media outlets with details of the affidavit there should be an investigation by the Crime and Corruption Commission, not the in-house Ethical Standards Command.
"It raises an incredibly vexed issue, particularly under this government and police force," he said.
"There seems to have been a change of QPS (Queensland Police Service) policy in regards to exclusives given to news organisations.
"If you have senior police deciding who they give scoops to - and who they freeze out - that comes at a price.
"The price is that the favoured organisations will be less willing to criticise police.
"That is fundamentally wrong."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ng-ogorman-20140906-10dgdn.html#ixzz3CYBO6QHq

I get where Terry O'Gorman is coming from in terms of police corruption...and I am also surprised they revealed the information early. It is the only reason I hesitate to totally cheer QPS at times like this. There is an inherently corrupt vibe in the air but there has been since the day Newman stepped in. Terry O'Gorman revolts me though to an extent in that he is always defending an offender's rights. He is the head of the Australian Council of Civil Liberties which protects paedophiles so I take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt also. I do wonder who leaked the documents or even if they were leaked? I am wary of corruption and I don't want the case thrown out of court on a technicality as Tostee cannot be let out amongst us in society ever again.

At the end of the day though, if this is information that is already going to be available on public record then the paper is not doing anything wrong by publishing it as such. It is a highly publicised and sensational case. The only thing that concerns me is that it could be seen as prejudicial and could affect a jury? No different really to the Baden-Clay stuff. We mostly knew about the entire case before it went to court and found out more information as the trial progressed.

Oooh I just read the whole article...far out I hope it wasn't illegally leaked. There could possibly be major ramifications...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria