Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading a paper published by Terry O’Gorman about Committal Hearings.

He says that in Queensland it is usually less than 6 months between the end of a Committal Hearing and the trial. (As opposed to NSW, where it can take up to 2 years.)

"The system which now operates is that, three weeks after committal, the entire committal transcript is available. An indictment is presented at a special listing call-over held before the listing judge within about seven weeks of the end of the committal. Usually, on this occasion, a trial date is set. Trials are invariably heard within six months of committal and, often, in a much shorter period."

http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/proceedings/07/ogorman.pdf

Can’t find how long it usually is between a committal mention and a committal hearing though. Guessing it may not be measurable, if there are multiple committal mentions due to evidence delays or whatever.

Thank you SouthAussie. Starting to get a handle on the procedure.

First, Ausgirl, I love that adorable flying piggly wiggly gif so much!

And now on to less important breaking news. A certain foot warming object is baaaack!!!! Check out The Dreamindemon's page on Rrie. IT has a new poster by the name of tundrumbalind who is relentlessly defending "Eric." And throwing shade on posters from "other" forums. But the Demon is handling 'em pretty well, I will say!

http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...-met-on-dating-app-tinder-gable-tostee.71454/

Guys you all know the drill....discussing comments from elsewhere isn't allowed.

Paraphrasing a comment is fine as long as you include the link but that's as far as it goes.

I have been reading a paper published by Terry O’Gorman about Committal Hearings.

He says that in Queensland it is usually less than 6 months between the end of a Committal Hearing and the trial. (As opposed to NSW, where it can take up to 2 years.)

"The system which now operates is that, three weeks after committal, the entire committal transcript is available. An indictment is presented at a special listing call-over held before the listing judge within about seven weeks of the end of the committal. Usually, on this occasion, a trial date is set. Trials are invariably heard within six months of committal and, often, in a much shorter period."

http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/proceedings/07/ogorman.pdf

Can’t find how long it usually is between a committal mention and a committal hearing though. Guessing it may not be measurable, if there are multiple committal mentions due to evidence delays or whatever.

I posted the following earlier in the thread. There are usually a few "mentions" prior to the committal hearings. In Baden Clay case there was well over 12months between committal hearing and trial.

As an example of how long it takes for a murder case to reach trial I thought I'd add this in for anyone not familiar with our Aussie court system. In between all the dates prior to trial there were plenty of mentions.

Allison was murdered 19th April, 2012

Her husband Gerard Baden Clay was charged with her murder June,2012.

Bail Hearings - June 22nd and Dec 14th, 2012

Committal Hearing - Magistrates Court - March 11th - March 20th, 2013 (The judge decided there was enough evidence for Baden Clay to stand trial)

Trial - Supreme Court - 10th June - July 15th, 2014 - found guilty, sentenced to life imprisonment with a non parole period of 15years.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?494-Allison-Baden-Clay-of-Australia

Ha! Well, O'Gorman's paper was about why Qld should keep Committal Hearings. So I guess he tried to put the best slant on them that he could, as in not much time between the committal hearing and the trial.

Apparently, Qld was thinking about getting rid of committal hearings.

So, what is going to happen to Tostee/Thomas in March? If he gets another jail sentence for dangerous drunk driving :please:, will it go into effect when he is released from NSW jail? I would not have thought that it could run concurrently with a jail sentence in another state.

:thinking:

This is slightly off topic, but I found this website after seeing a Facebook post
It very much shows the same attitude towards women portrayed by Tostee/Eric or whatever his name is.

I had no idea, until this case came up, that this attitude is so widespread.

Eta forgot to include link... http://tinderswindlers.com/

Wow! Thanks for sharing.
As a woman I was well aware that many men are dogs. I hate to say I enjoyed the article. Joy was nowhere to be found. I did appreciate how well written it was. I think it should be mandatory reading for all women upon losing their virginity. I'm afraid if we read it before losing our virginity we might remain perpetually virginal.

This is slightly off topic, but I found this website after seeing a Facebook post
It very much shows the same attitude towards women portrayed by Tostee/Eric or whatever his name is.

I had no idea, until this case came up, that this attitude is so widespread.

Eta forgot to include link... http://tinderswindlers.com/

From what Ive read here it seems the forum thinks that treating women like playthings is some attitude that is unique to muscle bound goons but that attitude, is very endemic amongst the male population. Have you heard of the MGTOW movement? A lot of men just dont want anything more to do with women if you believe what they say! You can see the sorts of people who sign up for that here just as an example.

I believe a lot of men at the Gold Coast are like that , you'll be waiting forever to find one who wants a relationship. This is what I have been told by some friends who live there.

Fairydust, welcome to WS. :)

I think most here are aware that it's not just 'muscle bound goons'. Personally, I think there's just as many women who treat men like playthings, too - they just have a slightly different way of going about it. And so what, anyway, as long as it's consensual? Let the players play each other, it's all good IMO.

Violence and degradation is another thing altogether.

Oh and I have grown up here on the GC and I'm 28, so I can't really compare it with other cities... Most of my friends that are coupled up or married met in high school, uni, at work or through friends.. not online or out at a club.
I have a friend who recently became single and we have been entertained by the Tinder process. I can say that it seems that about 70% of the GC guys on Tinder are really into working out (buffffff) and action sports like sky diving, wake boarding.. not my friends type. So yes I think it's harder to meet new people/find a relationship once you get to a certain age.

It's really so perplexing to me that his supporters abruptly stopped posting after Tostee went to jail.

:confused: :rolleyes:

It's really so perplexing to me that his supporters abruptly stopped posting after Tostee went to jail.

:confused: :rolleyes:

They were banned here and just moved on to other venues.

Almost like they were being paid to smack down the notion he's guilty. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required