Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. And he also had an AVO against him by the postie. I think from an incident where he tried to hug and kiss her. He was scaring her with his behaviour.

Overington (p264) quotes Jubelin as saying "[PS] would go up to the post office, shaking and crying, and saying [PS and the post woman] had to be together".

Bizarre.

The way I see it.

Last photo/proof of life = 9:37am (I believe the confirmation from two reputable journos)
Time William disappeared = 10:05-10:15am (as per Laura Beacroft, who leans towards 10:05)

That leaves about 30 minutes unaccounted for. With William alive and happy (and heard by two different neighbours) until at least 9:37am.
Which journalists?

The boys’ mother said yesterday she raised the allegations surrounding the alleged 1987 abuse involving Mr Spedding during a meeting with state authorities roughly 2½ years ago.

She recently complained to the NSW Ombudsman, asking for an investigation into how her children came to be living with Mr Spedding.
She complains a lot

DBM

Last edited:
Which journalists?

Janet Fife-Yeomans (chief reporter at DT) says that the photo metadata has been confirmed, that the times are accurate, in her article dated 14/4/22. She does not quote a source for this info.
Her comment says ..... "Metadata has confirmed the photograph was indeed taken at that time after questions during the inquest into William’s disappearance that it may have been taken two hours earlier."

Caroline Overington also seems to indicate that the metadata has been confirmed, in her article of 19/11/21.
She says .... "But William was photographed in his now famous Spider-Man suit at 9.37am, meaning he must have still been alive when his foster father left the house, or else he couldn’t have been in that picture."

RSBM and BBM
This post #310 - sorry I couldn't get the link to work ....

So does that mean you don’t believe FM’s version of seeing 2 cars parked in the street?

If the cars were “made up” in “collusion with the Police”, as is being suggested, then that could be a major problem for FM as she gave that evidence at the inquest, where she was sworn to tell the truth.And FM was questioned about it directly by Craddock ….

I cannot see the Coroner going along with such a plan …. I don’t think she would risk her job and career over such a plan?

I also find it interesting that if people are doubting the truth about the cars, does that mean they are also doubting other aspects of the case, as we know it??

All JMO

Edit to add, this scenario of Police Tactic / Collusion, if real, would mean that the FM has lied repeatedly to the public on many occasions….. (about the 2 cars)
BBM
It means I don't think they were there.
It could be a police tactic as suggested by SA. That makes a lot of sense given it was not made public for a year.
It could be a false memory, perhaps she saw them in another place or at another time. Perhaps at the time LE didn't take it very seriously explaining why it was a year before it was public info.
But no, I don't believe those cars were there.
Someone else would have seen them.

BBM
It means I don't think they were there.
It could be a police tactic as suggested by SA. That makes a lot of sense given it was not made public for a year.
It could be a false memory, perhaps she saw them in another place or at another time. Perhaps at the time LE didn't take it very seriously explaining why it was a year before it was public info.
But no, I don't believe those cars were there.
Someone else would have seen them.
So if the cars were not there...... where does that leave the remainder of FM's statement and testimony at the inquest????

Are other parts of FM's recall also a "false memory" ???

If the recall of the two cars is incorrect, it then casts doubt over her entire recall of the event, does it not???

Just hypothesizing...

So if the cars were not there...... where does that leave the remainder of FM's statement and testimony at the inquest????

Are other parts of FM's recall also a "false memory" ???

If the recall of the two cars is incorrect, it then casts doubt over her entire recall of the event, does it not???

Just hypothesizing...
I'm more inclined to believe things that were stated on the day he disappeared than those brought up later

Surely Police have investigated the alleged (we are relying on hearsay) claims made by RP on his death bed and ruled them out. Otherwise wouldn’t we have seen a more concerted effort from Police to find witnesses to the 300km journey, forensics of RP’s car, search of FA’s caravan & location where FA claimed there was the smell of a dead body etc. Did the nurse who heard these claims go straight to Police? Was RP interviewed? IMO.

I'm more inclined to believe things that were stated on the day he disappeared than those brought up later
Except for the triple zero call, we don't know a lot more about what was said to Police on the actual day ....as mostly it has been recounted later ....... Not even sure if there was an actual official Police Statement taken the day William disappeared??

Even that clip of the walkthru interview with FM, that was released by the Coroner wasn't done until Day 6 ......

Surely Police have investigated the alleged (we are relying on hearsay) claims made by RP on his death bed and ruled them out. Otherwise wouldn’t we have seen a more concerted effort from Police to find witnesses to the 300km journey, forensics of RP’s car, search of FA’s caravan & location where FA claimed there was the smell of a dead body etc. Did the nurse who heard these claims go straight to Police? Was RP interviewed? IMO.
IIRC the Nurse ( Okpegbue) went to her Manager who then reported it to Police ....(I would have to look for a reference for that) and another nurse (Jenner) went directly to the Police I think???? But they both gave evidence at the inquest...... and yes I also believe that Detectives interviewed RP, and his son and DIL.
imo

Mr Porter’s relatives, on Wednesday, told the inquest the dying man had been upset by repeated visits from detectives working on William’s case who wanted to know about “Frank”.

We have not heard if RP's Car was forensically searched or not??
But his car has been tracked on CCTV (Highway Cameras) and Police have searched all of those other areas you have listed ...

Last edited:
I am thinking one might consider there is a possibility the nurse to whom RP allegedly made these comments, may have distorted them somewhat, to make them fit into a potential WT scenario, possibly mindful of collecting part of the one million dollar reward?

I am thinking one might consider there is a possibility the nurse to whom RP allegedly made these comments, may have distorted them somewhat, to make them fit into a potential WT scenario, possibly mindful of collecting part of the one million dollar reward?
BBM
I beg to differ about this theory ..... Nurses are the "most trusted profession" in Australia, and they are prohibited by their workplace of receiving monetary rewards or gifts....
But JMO

Despite these wider trends that have bred a degree of cynicism of those we are asked to ‘trust’ in a whole range of industries the usual professions have held their standing at the top of the rankings with Nurses ranked clearly in first place again. Now 88% Australians (down 6% from 2017) rate Nurses ‘very high’ or ‘high’ for their ‘ethics and honesty’.

Last edited:
BBM
I beg to differ about this theory ..... Nurses are the "most trusted profession" in Australia, and they are prohibited by their workplace of receiving monetary rewards or gifts....
But JMO

Despite these wider trends that have bred a degree of cynicism of those we are asked to ‘trust’ in a whole range of industries the usual professions have held their standing at the top of the rankings with Nurses ranked clearly in first place again. Now 88% Australians (down 6% from 2017) rate Nurses ‘very high’ or ‘high’ for their ‘ethics and honesty’.
If this were true, I feel there would be more nurses to tell the “truth” because there’s more than one aide who took care of him. If he told her surely he or the aide he told would have told other people too. Especially since William’s case id such a high profile case. I’m multi tasking so I hope this makes sense. Moo

BBM
But JMO

Yes, but from nurses being trusted and trustworthy, extremely so, it's a jump to infer that no individual nurse is capable of conscious or unconscious distortion to fit prior information and perhaps being influenced by perceived personal advantage. Nurses have done worse than that. If you were on the jury where a nurse was accused of murdering patients by insulin injection, I presume you wouldn't begin and end your deliberation with the thought: Impossible, he's a nurse.

If this were true, I feel there would be more nurses to tell the “truth” because there’s more than one aide who took care of him. If he told her surely he or the aide he told would have told other people too. Especially since William’s case id such a high profile case. I’m multi tasking so I hope this makes sense. Moo
There were at least 2 - Okpegbue and Jenner

Nurse Renee Jenner, on Wednesday, told the court she spoke with Mr Porter in July while his brother Tom and sister-in-law Irma visited him at an aged care facility.

“All I did was give my best mate and a boy a lift,” Kirston Okpegbue recalled him saying in April last year.

Yes, but from nurses being trusted and trustworthy, extremely so, it's a jump to infer that no individual nurse is capable of conscious or unconscious distortion to fit prior information and perhaps being influenced by perceived personal advantage. Nurses have done worse than that. If you were on the jury where a nurse was accused of murdering patients by insulin injection, I presume you wouldn't begin and end your deliberation with the thought: Impossible, he's a nurse.
Even if they did distort the "story to fit" for the reward, they would NOT be allowed to claim it .....
And what percentage of nurses are reflected in the case you have cited????

EDIT to add ... happy to move on, as I don't want to derail the thread....

There were at least 2 - Okpegbue and Jenner

Nurse Renee Jenner, on Wednesday, told the court she spoke with Mr Porter in July while his brother Tom and sister-in-law Irma visited him at an aged care facility.

“All I did was give my best mate and a boy a lift,” Kirston Okpegbue recalled him saying in April last year.

I’d like to know if the two are friends. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members