Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO

BS willingly spoke to the media following the search of his home and office.
He said it was our turn to be investigated and we understand that. (something along those lines)
The thing that stood out was he never said I, me just we, and our.

Since that time he has avoided any publicity to do with Williams disappearance.
Preferring to leave it to others to speak on his behalf - some constantly. even posing for photos to accompany some of the media interviews.

What I find interesting is that has ceased since BS release from prison which coincided closely with the heartfelt letter William's parents wrote just prior to William's 4th birthday on the 26th June.

Since that time we have heard little/nothing from those that had been speaking regularly to the media. Those that gave reasons for BS alibi inconsistencies, among other information that we the public would not be aware of, if not for their willingness to speak to the media, and so frequently too.

Then a video - on facebook from BS.
It's primary purpose it seems was for BS to say he does not understand how anyone could have misinterpreted that he was supposed to be at the Tyrrell house on the 12 September the day William disappeared.
The other point being he was not in the house or the street before, during or after the dates he gave.

This being after the parents interview.
Where the mother said she had phoned BS in the morning and left a message and of course the release of that new information - the cars.

Counter punching what's next?

Drug addicts on meth heroin desperate for cash will take anything that can net high amounts of cash. They dont have morals.
If some paedophile will pay cash or drugs for a 3 year old they will hoist it for good money. Some have $2000 a day drug habits. Many target school kids to sell drugs to sell drugs to. Some move into areas close to school to sell to school kids. Don't say drug dealers aren't paedophiles.

The other is, the drug addicts drive around smash and grab professionally for the adrenalin rush. Some everyday go around looking for items of value.

This could easily be some druggies that have done an abduction for cash. Whether that be planned by someone else, or driving around looking for items of value, to come across William at the end of the drive as they drove past. A random smash and grab.

There was a story not long ago on here where a paedophile had given a child large amounts of Ritalin? Perth paedophile ring?

Paedophiles and drugs go hand in hand.

All of these theories about drug-dealers and / or burglars that accidentally came across a child and stole him.. I'm sorry, but they are ridiculous and far-fetched. I think you're grasping at straws.

Why don't we sleuth the cars? I know they are based on a description. Although white station wagons are highly prevalent I have gone back looking at earlier model cars and the picture most resembles to me a holden station wagon late 80's. That is a car that is roughly 25 - 28 years old. That starts to narrow it done somewhat. Are there any features on that car that you car buffs out there recognise?IMO

Good idea 99! The light coloured one reminded me of a Mitsubishi station wagon and the grey one a Holden Camira, both c. 1980s.

That you Col? Only kidding ;-) it's just that your theory is very left field and, MOO, highly unlikely.

Edit to add: your comment is also curiously contradictory. You open by stating that you think the 'drug deal' car activity "is unrelated to William's disappearance" (as though in your mind this drug deal scenario and William's fate are completely different incidences). However, you immediately go on to detail how you "feel strongly" that it is related. Just saying...
Not Col. Did not contradict myself. Car activity in first instance related to drug deal NOT planned abduction. However WT may have come over to them. Fear of adult following so packed him up to shut him up. Or, didn't see the wee fellow and accidentally knocked him with the car. Again, fear of being busted so packed him up rather than expose their drug activity. These drug *advertiser censored***d people react but don't think well. I don't think they considered what they were going to do with him, just needed to not get caught. It is plausible IMO. JUST SAYING.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Good idea 99! The light coloured one reminded me of a Mitsubishi station wagon and the grey one a Holden Camira, both c. 1980s.

Yes when I first saw the station wagon I thought of a mitsubishi as well, but the 80's models didn't have that shape. When I thought the sedan might be a Holden, I thought about executive packages that people used to get in the 80's of a station wagon and sedan for the family however I think the sedan is more modern than the station wagon, just by the shape of it. I am not a car expert in anyway, shape or form.

Hi All,

I’m a newbie, have taken two months to read through all the posts and am still completely baffled by the case. For me, with the new developments this week, there are only three plausible scenarios:

1. Opportunistic Abduction acting alone
I cant see any other suspect than Bill Spedding. He had cause to be at the location and has an (alleged) dark past. I suspect that he has links to a paedophile ring but on this occasion I think he acted alone. I believe William ran down to the road and was taken from there. I think this scenario bodes worst for William as I just feel he could have had an asthma attack or met a terrible end (hate even typing that). If so I think BS probably hid the body in a white goods machine (washer etc.) and it was disposed of. When he drove past the search area, I don’t think he was being brazen I think the police may have been close to the scene of the crime and he was sussing it out.

1. Opportunistic Abduction with assistance
What if Bill knew that the children were foster children and thought maybe with them being children of the ‘system’ that they wouldn’t be missed and so might be an easy target. He arranged for his ‘associates’ to check the place out and notify him if the parents left. He would take a trip to ‘fix the washing machine’ and hopefully an opportunity would arise to take both children, after all the Grandmother was in ill health and wouldn’t be able to put up much of a fight. Perhaps he had a debt that he needed to settle. The involvement of Bravehearts makes me think that the police have information/ (footage?) that we don’t know about and I think they know who has William but didn’t want to jeopardise his safety by letting the perps know that they are onto them. However, a year has gone by now and they need to get poor William home. I think about that news reporter who said they had information that he was still alive (though no other news outlet reported this, maybe it was something that the media weren’t supposed to say).

1. Planned Abduction
With the revelation of the unclaimed cars, I’m thinking about toward planned abduction on a domestic basis (do not think William’s family are in anyway involved). I cant shake the feeling that as there were two cars, maybe both William and his Sister were supposed to be taken but as the mother and grandmother were outside all morning the opportunity didn’t present itself to grab them both. If you have two cars then if the police get involved then they could split up and at least one of the children would have been successfully abducted. I almost hope that this is the case as it means that William would still be alive and being cared for, relatively well.
From watching the 60 minutes footage I noticed that the mother said she heard William ‘rar’ and then he was gone. What if someone was already on the property and William was ‘rar-ing’ at them. I have a little boy a bit younger and he loves to roar at people, even complete strangers.
The only problem I have with this scenario is how aggressively the media and police have been following BS. Are they deliberately putting him out there so the actual perp thinks that their safe. They kept the car information quiet for a long time…maybe this is a similar tactic. And frankly with BS’s past, I wouldn’t be too concerned about his emotional welfare. I definitely think he is a shady character and will get his comeuppance eventually.

Sorry my first post is so long, just want to put my thoughts out there. Everyone’s posts have given me a lot to think about. I really hope William is found soon.

Yes when I first saw the station wagon I thought of a mitsubishi as well, but the 80's models didn't have that shape. When I thought the sedan might be a Holden, I thought about executive packages that people used to get in the 80's of a station wagon and sedan for the family however I think the sedan is more modern than the station wagon, just by the shape of it. I am not a car expert in anyway, shape or form.

I'll ask a relative who is a real Holden buff to take a look.

Addition: On second thought, I may be 10 years out with the sedan (c. 1990s rather than 80s). Reminded me of the Camira we had - also 'boxy' boots and sloping bonnets in the 90s, as was the fashion at the time.

Off the top of my head I can think of commodore, berlina, subaru, volvo, camry and magna that are all older model station wagons. Im sure theres heaps more....

Am wondering if the foster grandmother has been a member of any of these grandparent groups, I know that while my mum doesn't have to care for my children, she is always scouting around for any supportive groups or information to inform herself about anything to help with the kids.

Very left of field but while looking at 1980's holden station wagons, This is the 1st one that made me think of the police picture. It's a holden camira. I came across this article attached to the picture but the link was behind a paywall. The Facebook link is the same article. last couple of sentences are interesting.

It's a 2011 article. An appeal from the police trying to locate this vehicle in a 1996 murder that they believe has bikie connections. One of the towns mentioned in the article was Wellington.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...g7PlJ6m1HTGRuUGIodwqPht8Ohk92mcQ6Uw4XKfozLVXp

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nsw-...ion-into-mans-murder-mumbil/10150417529961394

Hi All,

I’m a newbie, have taken two months to read through all the posts and am still completely baffled by the case. For me, with the new developments this week, there are only three plausible scenarios:

[Respectfully snipped.]

Welcome Irishrover and thanks for joining us.

As the Police/Media have recently said; Someone needed to go down that Cul De Sac on that day. A tradie, lawn mower person, curtain fitter, Gas/ more so electricity reader, maybe someone buying a horse float, tractor, or a bit of machinery or tyres even.. Someone did have to drive down that cul de sac on that day, it`s as simple as that...

I saw on a news bulletin (can't remember if it was last night or this morning) that the police were back door-knocking on Benaroon Drive again. I wonder if police are looking at the angle of someone in that street knowing more than what they will say -- someone came into that street for a reason, to visit, to work, and perhaps a resident is protecting that person. It is also possible that someone meant to go to a nearby street but took a wrong turn. I myself have a hopeless sense of direction and have turned down the wrong street numerous times, and I often drive quite far down the street before turning around again, sometimes feeling that it's just better to keep driving and turn around at the end of the cul-de-sac and rather than a three-point-turn.

I gather from what police are saying is that they feel as though all other options have been investigated -- immediate and extended family have been cleared in entirety, they are sure no one knew about the trip in advance to plan an abduction, and he clearly didn't get lost in the bush. An opportunistic abduction is all that is left. Somehow, everything aligned for this perpetrator, William came to the road just as they were driving by or had stopped, and they acted impulsively by snatching him, within the few minutes that William's mother went inside.

I also feel that the statements being made by police are crafted to put pressure on the person or people on the periphery of this crime. They are reminding people that they are responsible, they made a comment on 60 minutes about William's family being "a good family" and seem to also be appealing to a person's conscience.

I know it's frustrating for those of us who are curious to have the police guard their information so carefully, but the police have to be careful. They seem to believe William is alive; to release too much information to the public could push the perpetrator over the edge and might put William's life in danger. They could also endanger any future court cases. The careful investigations can have the best results, but at any rate I think that the end result will be the real test of whether police strategy has been successful.

Very left of field but while looking at 1980's holden station wagons, This is the 1st one that made me think of the police picture. I came across this article attached to the picture but the link was behind a paywall. The Facebook link is the same article. last couple of sentences are interesting.

It's a 2011 article. An appeal from the police trying to locate this vehicle in a 1996 murder that they believe has bikie connections. One of the towns mentioned in the article was Wellington.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...g7PlJ6m1HTGRuUGIodwqPht8Ohk92mcQ6Uw4XKfozLVXp

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nsw-...ion-into-mans-murder-mumbil/10150417529961394

Funny little coincidence. But the murder occurred 19 years ago, and I don't think anybody would hold onto the car for that long if they'd used it in a murder.

but at any rate I think that the end result will be the real test of whether police strategy has been successful.

@SUNNYBREE I don't think the end result will be a real test of whether the police strategy is successful. You cant guarantee outcomes for every perp. There is so many variables to deal with. There is no bottomless pit of police money. You can do things better, but no tactic is going to guarantee a result. If only it were that easy.

You can have the same strategy with similar cases and vastly different outcomes. There is no silver bullet.

Undesirable outcomes aren't failure of police. They are the choice of criminals. The sole outcome is that of the criminal. No one else.

I came up with a few thoughts :

If the two cars were related to the abduction of WT and if it was solely for WT (not other illegal dealing), then I think this is more likely a planned abduction than opportunistic. To have two paedophile/accomplice happened to bump into each other on a quiet street, agree and decided to abduct WT seems almost unheard of, unless there are two paedophile/accomplice who works together most days.

Also, based on the media info, the two cars had been parked there for at least an hour, I think opportunistic would not wait and see. But it is possible the perpetrator happened to drive through the road in that morning, saw WT and decide to abduct him in the hours to come.

I am feeling that there is a desperation for getting WT, as the detective had said the perpetrator had taken huge risk to take WT under that circumstances. I believe in most child abduction cases usually happened when the child was alone with no guardian around/close by, an easy situation. To go that far to get WT while his family was around, anyone from the family can be walking out any second/minute and there was a big distance between the house and the road that needs to be travelled, either WT ran to him which I think is an almost impossible scenario or the perpetrator went near the backyard and grab him, and hoping no one would see. The perpetrator was willing to take huge risk or gamble to get WT.

I know this was in melbourne and a long time ago but Siriyakorn “Bung’’ Siriboon was witnessed as being in a white ford stationwagon. I suppose if there were pedophile rings then no where would be too far to get a victim :( hate writing that :(

Very left of field but while looking at 1980's holden station wagons, This is the 1st one that made me think of the police picture. It's a holden camira. I came across this article attached to the picture but the link was behind a paywall. The Facebook link is the same article. last couple of sentences are interesting.

Have sent a message to relative re cars. Just remembered as well as being a Holden buff, he also worked for Mitsubishi in late 80s/early 90s!

I don know where they found Williams bike. Was the bike tipped over or left upright? I don't know whether William visited the bush at the end of road.

The one thing we know, based on we have been told. They would have to be in the street. They could have gone back into the forest. Someone could watch from cover, step out the bush then back into the bush without a car being seen on any the roads in that no through thoroughfare.

Someone went to the end of the driveway and took William Tyrell
BBM

Funny little coincidence. But the murder occurred 19 years ago, and I don't think anybody would hold onto the car for that long if they'd used it in a murder.

I agree and yet it was only 4 years ago that police were appealing for information on that car in connection to a murder in 1996. Maybe like someone else has said previously, the car has been altered, chopped, changed number plates. They had looked for this vehicle in connection to an organised crime murder. With Port Macquarie up the road I often wonder about organised crime links in WT's case. For example, a planned abduction with organised crime payed to carry it out but not neccessarily the ones to have instigated it.

Have sent a message to relative re cars. Just remembered as well as being a Holden buff, he also worked for Mitsubishi in late 80s/early 90s!

How awesome is that! And I never say that phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState