Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please excuse me, butterstick, if I've missed the point of your post. Are you saying you don't want details of the Wynarka/Belanglo mother's and daughter's, and William's, cases almost voyueristically picked over by the media? If so, I agree. Someone who can't defend themselves makes an easy target for gutter journalism and I find it abhorrent.

Yes there is that. But also, I don't think the details of derange predators need to be told time and time again. To some extent it's ok for a newspaper to expose these things. But at some point they end up selling it. They build up stupid people to be super criminals, and sad stories get built up to feel like they are common place and likely to happen to you, when they are not.

Yes there is that. But also, I don't think the details of derange predators need to be told time and time again. To some extent it's ok for a newspaper to expose these things. But at some point they end up selling it. They build up stupid people to be super criminals, and sad stories get built up to feel like they are common place and likely to happen to you, when they are not.

The details of deranged predators are the 'bread and butter' of crime analysts, forensic scientists and related fields, criminologists and law enforcement at all levels. Without the historical facts and the theories generated from them, many more violent and serial crimes would go unsolved.

I don't believe the above is the reason for human beings to become super predators, regardless of their intelligence. It is a much more complex picture than this. 'Nature and/or nuture' have been shown to have the greatest impact upon people who commit violent (and sometimes violently sexual) crimes against others. The defining factor is thought to be an underdeveloped (or absent) sense of empathy for others (ie, the inability to 'put yourself into another person's shoes') but even the most erudite of scholars disagree about the actual reasons someone becomes a sociopath.

If the reason the people who commit those types of crimes is simply by reading about them in a newspaper, then it would stand to reason there would be a great many more crimes of that nature committed than there actually are. The fact is that you're more likely to come into contact with a sociopath in your office than you would in the street.

You are correct that there is a difference between projecting the situation experienced by other people onto your own life, rather than feeling empathy for a family who has lost a loved son and grandson when you know how much you and your family love a similarly-aged little boy. I belong to the latter category.

Ready, Willing, able
Wednesday, 28 October 2015 09:30 Written by Jen Cowley

Meet MICK WILLING ON his home turf – relaxed and at ease in the familiar surrounds of Dubbo, where he grew up – and he won’t stand out from the crowd. That’s the way he likes it.

But the country born and bred Detective Superintendent has just become the longest serving Homicide Squad Commander in the state’s history.

Last week, Willing surpassed the tenure of Chief Inspector Ken Webster who took the reins as the squad’s boss shortly after its inception in 1976.

One of the hardest facets of the job is handling the public’s expectation, which is increasingly fuelled by an entertainment industry able, it seems, to solve the most convoluted of crimes in two hours, with ad breaks.

“Hey – so can we!” Willing laughs, affecting outrage. “Yeah, it makes things interesting, but that’s part of my role – to manage that public expectation and to give the hands-on investigators on the ground the space to get their job done.”

If he could tell the general public one thing about the job, it would be that sometimes, things take time.

“Take the William Tyrell case,” he says of the toddler whose disappearance, and the apparent lack of progress on solving the case, has captured the nation’s outraged heart.

“Some times these crimes can take a long time – years and years in fact. But that doesn’t mean we give up. Ever.

BBM.

https://dubbophotonews.com.au/index.php/dpn/categories/dubbo-people/item/3988-ready-willing-able

Ready, Willing, able

BBM.

https://dubbophotonews.com.au/index.php/dpn/categories/dubbo-people/item/3988-ready-willing-able
Great article Makara! [emoji3] Very insightful.

The murder of children never fails to shock Willing to the core. As a father of two, that’s not surprising and perhaps in many ways comforting for the observer – that the longest serving homicide boss in the state isn’t so jaded he’s lost the capacity to feel and empathise.

Also from article:

If he could tell the general public one thing about the job, it would be that sometimes, things take time.

“Take the William Tyrell case,” he says of the toddler whose disappearance, and the apparent lack of progress on solving the case, has captured the nation’s outraged heart.

“Some times these crimes can take a long time – years and years in fact. But that doesn’t mean we give up. Ever.

“The difficulty is that sometimes there are things that you just can’t explain to the public, for operational reasons. It’s a fine balance. Many a press conference I’ve stood there in front of the microphones and felt really uncomfortable because I know what questions are coming and I know I can’t answer them.”

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ready, Willing, able

Meet MICK WILLING ON his home turf – relaxed and at ease in the familiar surrounds of Dubbo, where he grew up – and he won’t stand out from the crowd. That’s the way he likes it.

But the country born and bred Detective Superintendent has just become the longest serving Homicide Squad Commander in the state’s history.

Last week, Willing surpassed the tenure of Chief Inspector Ken Webster who took the reins as the squad’s boss shortly after its inception in 1976.

One of the hardest facets of the job is handling the public’s expectation, which is increasingly fuelled by an entertainment industry able, it seems, to solve the most convoluted of crimes in two hours, with ad breaks.

“Hey – so can we!” Willing laughs, affecting outrage. “Yeah, it makes things interesting, but that’s part of my role – to manage that public expectation and to give the hands-on investigators on the ground the space to get their job done.”

"Take the William Tyrell case,” he says of the toddler whose disappearance, and the apparent lack of progress on solving the case, has captured the nation’s outraged heart.

BBM.

Thanks, Makara. I just don't want William to fade into a photograph and details on a Missing Persons poster. It's comforting to be reassured that NSW Police, and Strike Force Rosann will continue to persist with the investigation into Wiliam's disappearance but it is difficult to be patient.

Thanks for the gentle reminder. Much appreciated.

Great article Makara! [emoji3] Very insightful.

The murder of children never fails to shock Willing to the core. As a father of two, that’s not surprising and perhaps in many ways comforting for the observer – that the longest serving homicide boss in the state isn’t so jaded he’s lost the capacity to feel and empathise.

Also from article:

“The difficulty is that sometimes there are things that you just can’t explain to the public, for operational reasons. It’s a fine balance. Many a press conference I’ve stood there in front of the microphones and felt really uncomfortable because I know what questions are coming and I know I can’t answer them.”

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks krig x

It breaks my heart to see I am the only registered member browsing this thread, with zero guests. We have all sleuthed this case so intensely and passionately, but it truly feels like we have hit a brick wall, with no new information to dissect. As long as it's not the same scenario for the detectives - I hope they are nearing a breakthrough. As I've said a million times, I would love to be a fly on the wall...

We won't give up on you, William. We are all thinking of you and will never stop caring about you and this investigation.

It breaks my heart to see I am the only registered member browsing this thread, with zero guests. We have all sleuthed this case so intensely and passionately, but it truly feels like we have hit a brick wall, with no new information to dissect. As long as it's not the same scenario for the detectives - I hope they are nearing a breakthrough. As I've said a million times, I would love to be a fly on the wall...

We won't give up on you, William. We are all thinking of you and will never stop caring about you and this investigation.

The good news is that the just now announced an ARREST in the murder of Karlie, found in Belango. And that means that LE has been working hard doing their jobs. And hopefully, when they investigated the Pedophiles that killed her precious baby, they learned more about William too. :candle:

I've been adding WT Radio segments/interviews to my YouTube playlist. Thanks Bohemian for the 2GB radio and other links.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhbcNnha1ai71hO8JYXKLLF9dsaZLcO6k

Can anyone work out the publish/air dates of the Daily and Sunday Telegraph (D&ST), and ABC Soundcloud audio files? I'm hoping to include the dates in the titles for ease of searching. I can't see a date anywhere???

Dates needed are for the 5 radio segments from D&ST source location here:
https://soundcloud.com/daily-telegraph/sets/william-tyrell
1 William Tyrrell: Paedophile ring identified in Port Macquarie - exclusive
2 William Tyrrell: How the three-year-old vanished in a perfect storm of bad luck
3 William Tyrrell: Car 'link' to disappearance & investigation into convicted paedophile
4 William Tyrrell: His mum and dad's most detailed interview - Part 1
5 William Tyrrell: His mum and dad hit back at the haters - Part 2 of the interview

And the 000 call here (need date of airing, not call):
https://m.soundcloud.com/abcnews/the-triple-0-call-made-by-william-tyrrells-mother

Many thanks if you can figure it out. Otherwise, I'll settle for September 2015 for all of them (around the 1 yr mark).

I feel sure that Task Force Rosann is working away quietly behind the scenes. Most cases here tend to ebb and flow like this one is right now. I think I can speak for everyone who has followed this case from the beginning in saying that little William is never out of our thoughts.

Things to Do When There's No News

These activities are things you can do in a case you're following when there's no news, everything is quiet, but you want to help.

These are great to bump threads with for cases you want to bring more interest to!

I've created a Media/Timeline thread for William. It desperately needs updating and any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Has a picture of the victim been posted recently? Find a picture of the victim that hasn't been posted for a while and post it so there's always a face to put with the victim's name, reminding people that the victim is a real person.

- Go back through threads and collect what you think are the top ten most important links in the case, make a list of them, and post them. These lists would be great for both those familiar with the case, as well as people new to the case.

- Research to see if there's an updated missing poster and post it or link to it so it can be printed and distributed.

- Check Google News for the most recent news story and post it with a note that it's the most recent story on the case.

- Write up a Myth Buster! Do you know of a rumour or misinformation that's made the rounds in the case and has always bugged you? Look up the source links for the real facts, and bust the myth!

- Start a list of direct quotes from LE, along with the date stated, and link to source. Post it and ask others to contribute to it.

- Is there a certain news video or press conference that you and others are constantly listening to to determine what was said? Transcribe it and post it for reference.

- Find the most recent map(s) of significant locations, update them if necessary, or just post the list of links if it hasn't been posted in the last few pages. If there's already a map created with one tool, create one with another tool that might give a different perspective. Maps can be created with Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/), Bing (http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH7) and other online tools.

- If there's no timeline for the case, create one and post it, or begin one that others could add to. Find the most recent timeline, update it, and post it. If an existing timeline doesn't need updating, check to see if it's been posted within the last three pages of the most recent thread, and if not, go ahead and post it again for people new to the case to read.

- Write up your own recap of the story of the case and post it. Great for people who are new to the case, plus you get to give a voice to the victim.

- Go back and collect the known facts of the case, along with their source links, and post them. If you don't have time to collect all of them, just do whatever you have time for, and ask for others to add to it.

- Write up your own theory of what happened in the case and post it. Great to get others thinking about and posting on the case, and bring attention to it.

- Write up a recap of the victim's story or a particular aspect of the case that interests or puzzles you, in your very own unique way, and post it.

Things to Do When There's No News

These activities are things you can do in a case you're following when there's no news, everything is quiet, but you want to help.

These are great to bump threads with for cases you want to bring more interest to!

I've created a Media/Timeline thread for William. It desperately needs updating and any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Has a picture of the victim been posted recently? Find a picture of the victim that hasn't been posted for a while and post it so there's always a face to put with the victim's name, reminding people that the victim is a real person.

- Go back through threads and collect what you think are the top ten most important links in the case, make a list of them, and post them. These lists would be great for both those familiar with the case, as well as people new to the case.

- Research to see if there's an updated missing poster and post it or link to it so it can be printed and distributed.

- Check Google News for the most recent news story and post it with a note that it's the most recent story on the case.

- Write up a Myth Buster! Do you know of a rumour or misinformation that's made the rounds in the case and has always bugged you? Look up the source links for the real facts, and bust the myth!

- Start a list of direct quotes from LE, along with the date stated, and link to source. Post it and ask others to contribute to it.

- Is there a certain news video or press conference that you and others are constantly listening to to determine what was said? Transcribe it and post it for reference.

- Find the most recent map(s) of significant locations, update them if necessary, or just post the list of links if it hasn't been posted in the last few pages. If there's already a map created with one tool, create one with another tool that might give a different perspective. Maps can be created with Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/), Bing (http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH7) and other online tools.

- If there's no timeline for the case, create one and post it, or begin one that others could add to. Find the most recent timeline, update it, and post it. If an existing timeline doesn't need updating, check to see if it's been posted within the last three pages of the most recent thread, and if not, go ahead and post it again for people new to the case to read.

- Write up your own recap of the story of the case and post it. Great for people who are new to the case, plus you get to give a voice to the victim.

- Go back and collect the known facts of the case, along with their source links, and post them. If you don't have time to collect all of them, just do whatever you have time for, and ask for others to add to it.

- Write up your own theory of what happened in the case and post it. Great to get others thinking about and posting on the case, and bring attention to it.

- Write up a recap of the victim's story or a particular aspect of the case that interests or puzzles you, in your very own unique way, and post it.

Thanks for the great suggestions, Makara.

*smacks hand for forgetting about posting on William's Media/Timeline*

Just because I'm not logged in, don't think I'm not here lurking, JfW. I've actually made a point of posting on this thread every day.

Personally, I am a duck swimming in circles*, waiting for a prosthetic leg (with webbed foot attached) when it comes to William's disappearance. The pennies are yet to drop.

I do have great faith in all of the members of Task Force Rosann and DI Jubelin; in particular. If any group of people can resolve this case they can.

* btw thanks for the analogy, richie, I love it! *preens her feathers*

The good news is that the just now announced an ARREST in the murder of Karlie, found in Belango. And that means that LE has been working hard doing their jobs. And hopefully, when they investigated the Pedophiles that killed her precious baby, they learned more about William too. :candle:

Yes, kd, here's the glass half full theory in action.

I've been adding WT Radio segments/interviews to my YouTube playlist. Thanks Bohemian for the 2GB radio and other links.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhbcNnha1ai71hO8JYXKLLF9dsaZLcO6k

Can anyone work out the publish/air dates of the Daily and Sunday Telegraph (D&ST), and ABC Soundcloud audio files? I'm hoping to include the dates in the titles for ease of searching. I can't see a date anywhere???

Dates needed are for the 5 radio segments from D&ST source location here:
https://soundcloud.com/daily-telegraph/sets/william-tyrell
1 William Tyrrell: Paedophile ring identified in Port Macquarie - exclusive
2 William Tyrrell: How the three-year-old vanished in a perfect storm of bad luck
3 William Tyrrell: Car 'link' to disappearance & investigation into convicted paedophile
4 William Tyrrell: His mum and dad's most detailed interview - Part 1
5 William Tyrrell: His mum and dad hit back at the haters - Part 2 of the interview

And the 000 call here (need date of airing, not call):
https://m.soundcloud.com/abcnews/the-triple-0-call-made-by-william-tyrrells-mother

Many thanks if you can figure it out. Otherwise, I'll settle for September 2015 for all of them (around the 1 yr mark).

If they were embedded in D&ST articles I'd just use the dates they were published if you can't find dates of recording/broadcast.

000 call was included in 60 Minutes program on 13 September 2015. Also ABC News 24 from memory. Maybe News Breakfast.

Parts 1 and 2 of Chris Smith's interview with William's parents was broadcast on 2GB Radio Sydney.

I think this list will help, richie:

http://interceder.net/latest_news/william-tyrrell

Note: Scroll down past the MSM articles about William for audio list, details and publication dates.

Also keep the url to this site. It's very handy.

If they were embedded in D&ST articles I'd just use the dates they were published if you can't find dates of recording/broadcast.

000 call was included in 60 Minutes program on 13 September 2015. Also ABC News 24 from memory. Maybe News Breakfast.

Parts 1 and 2 of Chris Smith's interview with William's parents was broadcast on 2GB Radio Sydney.

I think this list will help, richie:

http://interceder.net/latest_news/william-tyrrell

Note: Scroll down past the MSM articles about William for audio list, details and publication dates.

Also keep the url to this site. It's very handy.
Ha, all the video links on the site you gave are to my YT channel. I'll dig around thanks Bohemian.

Ha, all the video links on the site you gave are to my YT channel. I'll dig around thanks Bohemian.

No problem, richie. Happy to help. It's useful site as it has a sliding menu (from the left of the screen) on different topics, ie; crime, politics, etc, and you can search globally or by country as well as search terms/tags. Not so great for breaking news but excels in searching for clickable links to recent MSM articles and AV files.

Don't get disheartened... it will be solved, it is just taking longer than anyone would like. William will not be forgotten x
The unbelievably tragic story that is Karlie and Khandalyce is showing that LE are able to solve difficult protracted cases, and I am sure that Williams story is another of these, so the perps need not feel comfortable!

I just want thoughts on this. I really believe or believed that the police knew where William is or was but just need more evidence. But then with the ongoing posts on official Facebook site and public campaigns such as maccas etc it makes me think they have no idea...... I hope I'm wrong. I feel that if they were onto something they would not keep asking. [emoji21][emoji21][emoji21][emoji21]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member