Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think earlier on in the threads police in their investigation have alluded to the fact that yes, sadly WT is more than likely deceased.
From what i have read about missing/endangered children if they are not found within the first 24-48 hrs. after they are missing the chances of them being found alive are not good. Especially in a very young child such as WT.
Yes I understand that but I thought the reason he was officially named as a foster child was not because it was thought he was deceased.

Agree and just because the police have said they have ruled out the families doesn't mean that is true either, they speak to the public they are also speaking to the people responsible, and that is by far more important. I'm not going to say that they are involved, but like tom meagher, anyone who is innocent is not going to want to hide anything to get to the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember Adam Walsh' mom & dad were placed under a fair bit of public scrutiny until Adam was found and his killer brought to justice.
It happens all the time, but innocent parents don't care and work with LE to try everything possible to recover their child.

Yes I understand that but I thought the reason he was officially named as a foster child was not because it was thought he was deceased.

Have you read this document?
(quote)
Conclusion
Disclosure of Julian’s status is likely to have a neutral impact on the investigation and the prospects of Julian being found. The significance of the potential jeopardy to Julian’s welfare is diminished by (1) the tragic probability that Julian is no longer alive; (2) the circumstance that if found alive, Julian will likely have a significant public profile and many other and greater issues and stigmas associated with his disappearance, to which being known to be a child in-care will add relatively little; and (3) the circumstance that Julian’s status is already in the public domain to the extent that it is discoverable on the internet.
https://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/decision/58853ecfe4b058596cba36a9

Welcome to new members :welcome:

Reminder to all members:

Websleuths does not allow sleuthing of innocent people. Stop encouraging the sleuthing and discussion of the bio parents and foster parents. If they are not officially named as POI or suspect, or have been cleared by LE, they are considered innocent and therefore off-limits in this discussion.

Also do not discuss or encourage sleuthing of a minor child unless that child is the victim.

excerpt from The Rules: Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, etc.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc

Not Allowed
Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

Please use the Alert feature if you see a post that you think violates Websleuths TOS.

:tyou:

Have you read this document?
(quote)
Conclusion
Disclosure of Julian’s status is likely to have a neutral impact on the investigation and the prospects of Julian being found. The significance of the potential jeopardy to Julian’s welfare is diminished by (1) the tragic probability that Julian is no longer alive; (2) the circumstance that if found alive, Julian will likely have a significant public profile and many other and greater issues and stigmas associated with his disappearance, to which being known to be a child in-care will add relatively little; and (3) the circumstance that Julian’s status is already in the public domain to the extent that it is discoverable on the internet.
https://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/decision/58853ecfe4b058596cba36a9
Yes I've read it, numerous times, point number 2 as well.

Yes I've read it, numerous times, point number 2 as well.

Yes there is lots of case law mentioned pertaining to the decision of why the T's foster children's status was able to be mentioned to the public as that was what the whole issue was all about.

I seem to remember there was but I can't remember his name. [It wasn't the person who had failed to appear in court on child *advertiser censored* charges was it?]

I can't remember a specific child safety warning for the area being issued by police at the time either.

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce

https://www.facebook.com/search/more...23488953895867

Police Request Public Assistance To Locate Mid North Coast NSW Sex Offender

NSW Police Force 3 hours ago Police conducting an investigation into child abuse material offences are renewing their appeal for information to locate a man wanted on outstanding first instance warrants. Detectives are appealing for public assistance to locate 47-year-old Peter Dewall, who police would like to speak to as part of an investigation into child abuse material offences.

Peter Dewall is described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 175cm tall, of medium build and has light brown hair and hazel eyes. Detectives believe Mr Dewall frequents Grafton and may currently be residing in the area. He is also known to regularly visit the Lismore area. Anyone who sees Mr Dewall is urged not to approach him but instead contact police immediately via Triple Zero (000

It's a bad bad time to be outed as a paedophile on the eastern half of Aus right now, the north coast of NSW in particular.

ETA NSW Police are actually monitoring the thread (rare) & tagging individual posters (I've never seen this before) telling anyone saying they think they've seen him "not to approach" & to
-Please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 to make a report. Any info, no matter how small, could help aid the investigation
Last edited by blighted star; 09-22-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Got this from My Death Space. Were you referring to this guy?

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce

https://www.facebook.com/search/more...23488953895867

Police Request Public Assistance To Locate Mid North Coast NSW Sex Offender

NSW Police Force 3 hours ago Police conducting an investigation into child abuse material offences are renewing their appeal for information to locate a man wanted on outstanding first instance warrants. Detectives are appealing for public assistance to locate 47-year-old Peter Dewall, who police would like to speak to as part of an investigation into child abuse material offences.

Peter Dewall is described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 175cm tall, of medium build and has light brown hair and hazel eyes. Detectives believe Mr Dewall frequents Grafton and may currently be residing in the area. He is also known to regularly visit the Lismore area. Anyone who sees Mr Dewall is urged not to approach him but instead contact police immediately via Triple Zero (000

It's a bad bad time to be outed as a paedophile on the eastern half of Aus right now, the north coast of NSW in particular.

ETA NSW Police are actually monitoring the thread (rare) & tagging individual posters (I've never seen this before) telling anyone saying they think they've seen him "not to approach" & to
-Please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 to make a report. Any info, no matter how small, could help aid the investigation
Last edited by blighted star; 09-22-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Got this from My Death Space. Were you referring to this guy?

Thank you, Le frog ;)

← Local News | June 13, 2014 | by Darren Coyne
Child approach sparks police appeal
Police have called for witnesses after a child was approached at Tumbulgum on Monday.

Police said a four-year-old boy was playing outside his house on Bawden Street, Tumbulgum, about 4.30pm when a vehicle approached.

A witness observed the male driver talk to the boy for a short amount of time, however when the boy’s mother came outside to investigate, the vehicle drove away.

The matter was reported to police, and officers would like to speak to a man who may be driving a vehicle described as being a white Holden Commodore station wagon bearing Queensland registration plates 305EUB.
https://www.echo.net.au/2014/06/child-approach-sparks-police-appeal/

There was also an approach to a 9 year old girl around the same time in Tumbulgum, anyone remember this?

← Local News | June 13, 2014 | by Darren Coyne
Child approach sparks police appeal
Police have called for witnesses after a child was approached at Tumbulgum on Monday.

Police said a four-year-old boy was playing outside his house on Bawden Street, Tumbulgum, about 4.30pm when a vehicle approached.

A witness observed the male driver talk to the boy for a short amount of time, however when the boy’s mother came outside to investigate, the vehicle drove away.

The matter was reported to police, and officers would like to speak to a man who may be driving a vehicle described as being a white Holden Commodore station wagon bearing Queensland registration plates 305EUB.
https://www.echo.net.au/2014/06/child-approach-sparks-police-appeal/

There was also an approach to a 9 year old girl around the same time in Tumbulgum, anyone remember this?

https://www.cqnews.com.au/news/child-approached-tumbulgum/2288687/

The above article is seeking similar information on the same issue, but was published in a central Queensland paper. Tumbulgum is a small town in northern NSW.

Hopefully, they tracked him down through his rego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander