Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they couldn't get the info they needed out of him or couldn't prove anything, so they told him he can return home hoping he will make a mistake somewhere along the line and give them the evidence they need?

I am just having a hard time believing all of this would have happened if they have no idea if it was even him.. I know it has happened before but it just seems too big of a deal to just be nothing now...

Also, who is to say that even if his card was used at the coffee shop on that day and that time, that it was actually him in possession of the card? E.g. MS could have misplaced her card and borrowed his

Maybe they couldn't get the info they needed out of him or couldn't prove anything, so they told him he can return home hoping he will make a mistake somewhere along the line and give them the evidence they need?

I am just having a hard time believing all of this would have happened if they have no idea if it was even him.. I know it has happened before but it just seems too big of a deal to just be nothing now...

i agree, there were so many police resources put into this, and they would have needed something solid to get a warrant, i feel they have been watching him awhile and wondering why they chose now to swoop, also interesting media reported a few weeks ago that homicide detectives were taking over, some new info may have alerted them to this area.

Bill Spedding, the man at the centre of the investigation into the disappearance of William Tyrell, has spoken publicly for the first time.

He said along with his wife, he was absolutely overwhelmed by the support they had received from the community after their NSW mid-north coast home was excavated as part of the investigation.

"It has been very difficult. I wish to thank our family, our friends for the overwhelming support that we have received from them over this time," Mr Spedding said.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...liam-tyrell-disappearance#11Fvx0XbIGP09YqX.99

Thanks for the links Amee and ferret2

Typical for a "news" company to drip-feed an important interview "though out the day" as if it was entertainment.

Also, who is to say that even if his card was used at the coffee shop on that day and that time, that it was actually him in possession of the card? E.g. MS could have misplaced her card and borrowed his

He was at his grandsons school event. Surely other people remember him being there with his wife. I doubt the grandson would lie if the police initially asked if his grandparets came to his award ceremony.

I think he is an innocent old man that got swept up in this mess. JMO

It happens that way many times...sadly.

Also it's minor but I have a couple of issues with the credit card receipt;

1) how many places allow credit card for 2 coffees (unless they had some food as well)

2) a lot of tradies like cash payments so it seems unusual to pay a small amount for coffee on a credit card.

It probably did happen but could also be being said to cool feelings towards him

Also agree the wife could have used it as when an account has two cards attached the transaction shows up on the same statement.

However I do feel he isn't the main POI here. I think he is covering for an indirect family member (through marriage)

He was at his grandsons school event. Surely other people remember him being there with his wife. I doubt the grandson would lie if the police initially asked if his grandparets came to his award ceremony.

This was in the afternoon long after WT went missing

1) how many places allow credit card for 2 coffees (unless they had some food as well)

It's increasing because of things like PayWave. Two coffees could easily tally to $10 if you add a slice of cake or a newspaper?

Who knows. The man said "two coffees" but that doesn't mean that was the extent of the transaction, it was more the purpose of being there.

2) a lot of tradies like cash payments so it seems unusual to pay a small amount for coffee on a credit card.

It probably did happen but could also be being said to cool feelings towards him

Also agree the wife could have used it as when an account has two cards attached the transaction shows up on the same statement.

However I do feel he isn't the main POI here. I think he is covering for an indirect family member (through marriage)

bbm: perhaps unwittingly ??? (love and loyalty has a way of blinding perceptions) moo

overall I do agree someone else may have had access freely to his property, vehicles, office etc and until now he's not given it a second thought MOO

It's increasing because of things like PayWave. Two coffees could easily tally to $10 if you add a slice of cake or a newspaper?

Who knows. The man said "two coffees" but that doesn't mean that was the extent of the transaction, it was more the purpose of being there.

Yeah I agree, but not only that lots of places these days don't have a minimum spend. Even if they do have a minimum spend it is normally about $5, so two coffees would have easily been over it.

Remember this is a rural town so I doubt mobile pay is there yet. Anyway as another poster said perhaps they had cake as well

bbm:: further to that --- the ''one being covered'' is either being very arrogant and cocky right now OR is freaking out......and I bet friends at least are being very vigilant if they are supportive of WS & MS kwim?

Remember this is a rural town so I doubt mobile pay is there yet. Anyway as another poster said perhaps they had cake as well

I could have sworn I saw it was via contactless in an article somewhere...

It said "card " though so perhaps he used a debit card not a credit card. I use mine for small purchases.

buzz café has a pretty strong online presence - quite corporate

http://buzzcoffee.com.au/about/

and larainton is on it

laurieton-small.jpg

there's a video on their website and it shows the shop ...... there's also a FB page for Buzz coffee

i'd be betting that café was pretty up to date ((it's a franchise))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1