Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: Do you know that others have not come forward? Aren't the Victorian charges involving other children, as well as one of the same girls?

For those that don't come forward, there are many reasons why:
Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse often experience anger, grief and shame about what happened to them… and about not speaking up. Or speaking up, but not always being believed or protected from further abuse.
Many sexual abuse survivors bury their feelings and memories deep within, and get on with their lives and relationships as best they can.
Speaking about your experience of childhood sexual abuse can feel confronting and painful.

https://lifesupportscounselling.com.au/adult-survivors-childhood-sexual-abuse-never-late-heal/

If important relatives are dependent in some way on the perpetrator, children are naturally reluctant to create problems for those relationships.
She correctly points out that memory fades with time, while all the time losing detail and accuracy as time goes by. Memories become increasingly vulnerable to “post-event information”—facts, ideas, inferences, and opinions that become available to a witness after an event is completely over.
Victims whose assailants are strangers have only seen the assailant one time
(and as a child).

Why Don't Child Sex Abuse Victims Tell?

Another great poste SA... So 'on pointe' as is the current phrase..

And there's no room for smiles. The abuse of another is not acceptable. The violation of one's person is way beyond .... Why do they do this stuff ?

Hi SA, thank you for your 'front if mind' sentiments ..may All Blessings be upon this little man, and also upon the many who've loved, cared & invested in him & his future.

I do continue to put faith in Jube's team, but I think it's time we had some follow-up feedback.
There's surely more known, and there's people responsible.
.. ...

The investigation must still be active and ongoing. We have heard nothing yet about an inquest being scheduled. The Coroner would be scheduling an inquest, if the investigation came to a standstill.

Perhaps the investigation is now a fully covert operation. Maybe that is why there have been no further updates. Although something may be released on 12th September ... the 4th anniversary of William's disappearance.

My apologies for late replies to post as I have been overseas for three weeks. Just now catching up. If BS was guilty of assaults back in 1980s and now William's abduction then where are the victims from then until now. Pedos don't stop for that amount of time. With BS being in the media spotlight you would think more victims would have come forward.

Maybe, the "foursome pack" plus further friends abused only (usually) children within this circel of families but not their own children. So each one of the perps had to look after his own children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews to keep their little mouth shut about abuse by "nice" uncle A/B/C/D etc. - ???

I really don't enjoy being a 'negative Nancy' however I feel compelled to comment on the new website. .. All my personal opinion of course, as below:
* The colours are not conducive to the emotional context
* It's so difficult to read
* It's difficult to understand who has posted
* Not a good overall 'feel', and I'm concerned that all the above are factors in what ' I see ' as a decline in member contributions.

My focus here is for William, however I understand the change to this site impacts nations & their pain.

I can't help but ask why the need for change? Was there something broken that we were not aware of ?
And why then, this choice ?

O/T
Martin James Cooper jailed for 20 years over ‘horrific’ sexual abuse of eight children | PerthNow

A MAN who sexually abused eight vulnerable children up to four decades ago when he ran a home for wards of the State has been jailed for 20 years over his “horrific” crimes.
Martin James Cooper, 66, and his wife Nancy were cottage parents at Warminda Hostel in East Victoria Park when he subjected his young victims to sickening physical and sexual assaults between 1978 and 1983.

It is cases like this that are the perfect example of people who abuse children, then have no other publicly reported (or, perhaps, charged/convicted) abuses against them, and are charged many years later. With the only apparent complainants being the ones in the historic crimes. Similar to Spedding.

Doesn't mean that they haven't done anything wrong in the years in between. Just means that no-one else has come forward, for their own reasons, or been successful in proving their case.

I really don't enjoy being a 'negative Nancy' however I feel compelled to comment on the new website. .. All my personal opinion of course, as below:
* Not a good overall 'feel', and I'm concerned that all the above are factors in what ' I see ' as a decline in member contributions.

My focus here is for William, however I understand the change to this site impacts nations & their pain.

I can't help but ask why the need for change? Was there something broken that we were not aware of ?
I didn't care for it at first but it's fine for me now. Maybe it will grow on you.

i agree, it feels and looks wrong and dreary and outdated, i know we come here for discussion only and not for the aesthetics, but still!

i agree, it feels and looks wrong and dreary and outdated, i know we come here for discussion only and not for the aesthetics, but still!

I'm also finding there is a glitch in the navigation. I keep being sent back to the beginning of a thread and the 'Go to First Unread' option is not there.
In saying that I'm hanging in there for William

O/T
Martin James Cooper jailed for 20 years over ‘horrific’ sexual abuse of eight children | PerthNow

A MAN who sexually abused eight vulnerable children up to four decades ago when he ran a home for wards of the State has been jailed for 20 years over his “horrific” crimes.
Martin James Cooper, 66, and his wife Nancy were cottage parents at Warminda Hostel in East Victoria Park when he subjected his young victims to sickening physical and sexual assaults between 1978 and 1983.

20 years is nothing for the lifetime of pain he has inflicted. It really, really annoys me how lax Australia is in prosecuting and sentencing paedophiles.

20 years is nothing for the lifetime of pain he has inflicted. It really, really annoys me how lax Australia is in prosecuting and sentencing paedophiles.

This pathetic sentence really equates to 2½ years for the violent crime(s) against each of these children. For the violent rapes he committed against our 'protected' young ones. For the fear and injury and ongoing issues he created. To me, it should have been 20 years for each child. 160 year sentence.

I fear that we are an apathetic nation. We grumble and moan but don't really do anything. Our Director of Public Prosecutions does not go back in there and use his political clout to say that this is just not good enough. Our public does not put the pressure on them. There is no-one to form a strong political alliance to get these precedents changed.

The judges can sentence these violent lowlife scum to larger sentences. The laws have been changed to allow that. So why don't they??? :mad:

Last edited:
I didn't care for it at first but it's fine for me now. Maybe it will grow on you.

I am okay with it now, too. Took a little while to work things out, and we still cannot delete a post that we have decided is erroneous or not warranted, but we can always message a mod and ask them to do that for us.

There are members online and guests (much more than members always), but what are "robots"?

I do like the optics of the new forum AND I like how smoothly it is running on my laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
This pathetic sentence really equates to 2½ years for the violent crime(s) against each of these children. For the violent rapes he committed against our 'protected' young ones. For the fear and injury and ongoing issues he created. To me, it should have been 20 years for each child. 160 year sentence.

I fear that we are an apathetic nation. We grumble and moan but don't really do anything. Our Director of Public Prosecutions does not go back in there and use his political clout to say that this is just not good enough. Our public does not put the pressure on them. There is no-one to form a strong political alliance to get these precedents changed.

The judges can sentence these violent lowlife scum to larger sentences. The laws have been changed to allow that. So why don't they??? :mad:

I agree with you so much. Maybe we as the public need a starting point, a voice a leader- if you can put something together in writing to put pressure on whomever is able to push for adequate sentencing via the courts and monitoring it’s applied I will follow you and advocate for this. Government can’t ignore the entire country’s population. I mean honestly who other than perpetrators agrees with this?!

One can only hope.

"The family in this case suffered not knowing what happened to their child for approximately 18 years."
Gloria Williams was sentenced on Friday for the kidnapping of Kamiyah Mobley from a hospital in Jacksonville in July 1998

She claimed she had no plans to kidnap a child.

"I felt like I was on autopilot. My life was out of control

Baby snatcher jailed 18 years

Many reoccurring problems with the old one as many, including me could not log in via Apple. Thank goodness I can now ditch Tapatalk.

I agree with you about the differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members