DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Child sex sickos go unmonitored, dodging stretched police
MARK MORRI

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Long pw article - some points of interest.

Police have no idea where to find more than 200 registered sex offenders missing in NSW.
Some of those that have slipped the net give false addresses.
Some move without informing authorities.

Known offenders on the register = 4000
Wherabouts unknown = 201
Rate of reoffending in 4 years = 46%
Unidentified offenders who's dna is on the dna database = 80
Registered offenders who dna remains untested = 62

Untested offenders could well be linked to current cases the spokesperson suggested.

Child sexual offences reported in 2017 = 9527
Charges laid a year = 4500+

This is just the nsw stats....:eek:

Also ....

"And the association also claims 80 cold cases linked to the depraved child sex offenders are not being investigated ..... that police don’t have the resources to investigate properly, and 62 people on the list who haven’t had their DNA tested, meaning that they may well be linked to current crimes but we just don’t know,” Mr King said.

When I heard this on the radio today, there were calls (again, and again, and again) for a public child sex offender registry.
The police just don't have the resources to check up on these scum, and we sure let them out of jail and let them off charges quickly enough for them to be a continual danger.

Also ....

"And the association also claims 80 cold cases linked to the depraved child sex offenders are not being investigated ..... that police don’t have the resources to investigate properly, and 62 people on the list who haven’t had their DNA tested, meaning that they may well be linked to current crimes but we just don’t know,” Mr King said.

When I heard this on the radio today, there were calls (again, and again, and again) for a public child sex offender registry.
The police just don't have the resources to check up on these scum, and we sure let them out of jail and off charges quickly enough for them to be a continual danger.
It’s horrifying, & what if some other agency could give such resources? It could work if the police outsource some stuff... JMO. Complicated I imagine... but doable?

I'm still catching up on the previous thread but this is in response to Karinna's post #2621 (sorry, don't know how to link from there to here), where she stated, "POI legally means nothing. Unless anyone can find a link from Australia that states otherwise?"

I cannot be bothered going back through my posts but in that same thread I DID post a link regarding Western Australian law that does define what a POI/Suspect is in that state. I have yet to find anything that relates to other states.

I'm still catching up on the previous thread but this is in response to Karinna's post #2621 (sorry, don't know how to link from there to here), where she stated, "POI legally means nothing. Unless anyone can find a link from Australia that states otherwise?"

I cannot be bothered going back through my posts but in that same thread I DID post a link regarding Western Australian law that does define what a POI/Suspect is in that state. I have yet to find anything that relates to other states.
To the best of my knowledge, WA even lists CSOs... recent change - Imo?

To the best of my knowledge, WA even lists CSOs... recent change - Imo?

I think so. I have just found a post in the previous thread - #2653 - where bearbear reposted the same link in response to Karrina that I had linked earlier. Sorry, that is as far as I was up to reading when your alert popped up.

Posting link again for reference (thanks BB for posting it again so I don't have to go searching for it :D) .

Cops adopt suspect as right term

If anyone is interested in some great reading (I think someone here recommended it a while ago) on how detectives work, grab The Good Cop by Justine Ford; it's a biography on Ron Iddles, it's absolutely fascinating if you want an insight to how SFR may be operating and how great detective work is undertaken.

Thanks. I know i searched for any clarification of POI in Australia, but no luck. I read the WA link from previously, and LE are no longer able to use the word POI in WA, they have to call them a Suspect apparently.

Thanks. I know i searched for any clarification of POI in Australia, but no luck. I read the WA link from previously, and LE are no longer able to use the word POI in WA, they have to call them a Suspect apparently.

Karinna, have you seen anything said about CSOs exposure in WA, in your searches?

Karinna, have you seen anything said about CSOs exposure in WA, in your searches?
No, why? I was searching for the definition of POI's in Australia, and not CSO's. Another poster previously posted up a link from WA article that stated how police could no longer use the word POI but has to call them suspects.

No, why? I was searching for the definition of POI's in Australia, and not CSO's. Another poster previously posted up a link from WA article that stated how police could no longer use the word POI but has to call them suspects.
But IIRC it's the first state in OZ to have a sex offender register..? just wondering if you noticed...

Bones believed to be human found in the Royal National Park over the weekend.
I don’t think the age or gender has been confirmed yet.
Hoping it’s not William :(
Anyone know anymore about this?
Bones found in Royal National Park

Not William.

"Police later confirmed the bones were human, but so far can only say they belong to an adult, rather than a child."
Homicide squad investigating bones in Royal National Park

Even if William is gone, I do hope he is found. Every parent of a missing child that I have read about or heard of wants their child found, no matter what.

Last edited:
Bones believed to be human found in the Royal National Park over the weekend.
I don’t think the age or gender has been confirmed yet.
Hoping it’s not William :(
Anyone know anymore about this?
Bones found in Royal National Park

I heard this news also Violet - it's will no doubt be very sad news for some, however I also hope it gives them answers, closure & a sense of justice ultimately delivered for any responsible.

Life should not be so cheap, IMO :(

Child sex sickos go unmonitored, dodging stretched police
MARK MORRI

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Long pw article - some points of interest.

Police have no idea where to find more than 200 registered sex offenders missing in NSW.
Some of those that have slipped the net give false addresses.
Some move without informing authorities.

Known offenders on the register = 4000
Wherabouts unknown = 201
Rate of reoffending in 4 years = 46%
Unidentified offenders who's dna is on the dna database = 80
Registered offenders who dna remains untested = 62

Untested offenders could well be linked to current cases the spokesperson suggested.

Child sexual offences reported in 2017 = 9527
Charges laid a year = 4500+

This is just the nsw stats....:eek:

This was appalling to me also when I heard it. .. 'Registered' Sex offenders - I'm sure others here can give a clear definition of that description, however for me personally it means 'convicted of'...

IMO, the safety & sanctity of 'life' has become such a cheap commodity in our Australian community over a few short years...
People expect to feel safe, they expect to provide a similarly safe environment for their children to grow up in. .. and rightly so.

I want to see changes, however I struggle to understand how I do that..
.... I look at the absolute wonderous efforts of others, for example Hetty & Brave Hearts, in trying to bring about 'safety' for our children, along with 'acceptabke', real' & 'sensible ' punishments for perpetuators - and then when the question is raised, a parole board that is also 'real' and takes into account the genuine concerns / impacts upon the wider community.

The longer the rot, the bigger the stench IMO.... It's close on 'gagging level' IMO.

... and time for ScoMo to step in with some solid values. ... this is how we live in Australia, these are our values, our rules & our punishments if you step outside those rules ( murder, rape, child violation etc is a mandatory sentence of life, with no privileges. .. )

This was appalling to me also when I heard it. .. 'Registered' Sex offenders - I'm sure others here can give a clear definition of that description, however for me personally it means 'convicted of'...

IMO, the safety & sanctity of 'life' has become such a cheap commodity in our Australian community over a few short years...
People expect to feel safe, they expect to provide a similarly safe environment for their children to grow up in. .. and rightly so.

I want to see changes, however I struggle to understand how I do that..
.... I look at the absolute wonderous efforts of others, for example Hetty & Brave Hearts, in trying to bring about 'safety' for our children, along with 'acceptabke', real' & 'sensible ' punishments for perpetuators - and then when the question is raised, a parole board that is also 'real' and takes into account the genuine concerns / impacts upon the wider community.

The longer the rot, the bigger the stench IMO.... It's close on 'gagging level' IMO.

... and time for ScoMo to step in with some solid values. ... this is how we live in Australia, these are our values, our rules & our punishments if you step outside those rules ( murder, rape, child violation etc is a mandatory sentence of life, with no privileges. .. )

I too assumed convicted of ....
4000 on the register. How many of these are currently in prison? How many are in the community?
How many children have each of theses 4000 offenders harmed? 4000 offenders, how many victims?
How many have harmed their own children, grandchildren .....?
Our goals are busting at the seams. Where do we put them?
imo

Bravehearts founder Hetty Johnston said it was “about time” the issue of placing foster children in government-run “childrens homes” was revisited.

“I believe the government should look at this, I’ve been saying this for a long time,” she said.

“Those institutions (for children in the past) were horrible and they never worked, but it wasn’t the institutions’ fault, it was the people who ran them.
Category: | The Courier Mail
Bravehearts founder calls for the reintroduction of institutional care in the wake of Tiahleigh Palmer death

I am of the opinion we need to turn the clock back - some. Learn from the past and do things differently. Prisons, mental health, foster care and yes aged care.
We have persons with severe mental illnesses living in the community, because we do not have the facilities to house them elsewhere. Long term beds are few.
Are those living with a mental illness in the community being monitored adequately to ensure they are not a risk to themselves or others? How many of the 4000 on the register have a known mental illness?
That is not an excuse of course - I just wonder?
imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member