Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for being clueless. But it seems like the authorities really have no clue as to what happened to William. And it seems like an inquest is just a fishing expedition and to showcase evidence and information the authorities want people to know they've gathered? To sort of show that they're doing something?

It's an impression I have with admittedly little knowledge of the case so advance apologies for my ignorance and please correct me if I'm wrong.

What's the purpose of this inquest?

Forgive me for being clueless. But it seems like the authorities really have no clue as to what happened to William. And it seems like an inquest is just a fishing expedition and to showcase evidence and information the authorities want people to know they've gathered? To sort of show that they're doing something?

It's an impression I have with admittedly little knowledge of the case so advance apologies for my ignorance and please correct me if I'm wrong.

What's the purpose of this inquest?

Primarily, inquests are for a Coroner to determine what has happened and to make recommendations to ensure the same thing does not happen again.

In this case, I think that the police are hoping that the inquest will reveal more information. They have been asking for years for the person(s) who know something to come forward. They seem to believe that someone other than the perpetrator knows something. The Coroner can legally compel persons to speak.

So, perhaps the police do have a good idea of what has happened ... and are trying in earnest to get that knowing person(s) to speak.

Next Episode of Ch 10 Podcast is out - Secrets and Suspicions

Secrets and Suspicions

Well, sounds like next week in Taree will be a goer. Spedding, Savage, and Jones are set to testify there.

Now we are finally getting to the pointy end of the stick.
Perhaps this is what all that white vehicle stuff has been leading to.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out who the witnesses this week might have been and why court was closed.
Could some of them have been the victims of Donohoe?
Did the witnesses want the court closed because they are scared of someone they are giving evidence about?
Did the police want it closed because they dont want next weeks POIs to know what was said and catch them off guard?
This must be heading somewhere.
Surely the darts members would have discussed Williams disappearance when it happened.
We need some brainstorming.

Trying to figure out who the witnesses this week might have been and why court was closed.
Did the witnesses want the court closed because they are scared of someone they are giving evidence about?
Did the police want it closed because they dont want next weeks POIs to know what was said and catch them off guard?
Surely the darts members would have discussed Williams disappearance when it happened.

This is frustrating me too. The only think I can think of is that at the end of the inquest, we may be able to check off witnesses who appeared from the witness list to narrow in on who the closed court witnesses may have been. I’m guessing that the closed court witnesses are probably the witnesses that are using pseudonyms, is that right?

I think all of your reasons above for a closed court could be valid.
Possible that:
1. They are victims of any of the POI's
2. They were called to give evidence but fear retribution so want to be anonymous
3. The police do not wish their testimony to be made public knowledge
4. They are underage
Or reasons unknown to us. Perhaps they were all offered anonymity and they simply chose to exercise that choice.

Idea's anyone on why she's put a NPO on his testimony but may open it later?

I'm thinking that it depends on what he says, he may implicate himself.
I wonder if he overheard something while he was in jail. But if he was scared about revealing what he knows, you'd think it would have been in a closed court.

Despite all of the NPOs and the closed courts sessions, I hope the inquest is proving fruitful. It's becoming difficult to remain optimistic. :(

I wonder if he overheard something while he was in jail. But if he was scared about revealing what he knows, you'd think it would have been in a closed court.

Despite all of the NPOs and the closed courts sessions, I hope the inquest is proving fruitful. It's becoming difficult to remain optimistic. :(

I am hopefull. It could be to avoid stuffing up ability to return the case to police and prosecute.

There's a lot more going on than we thought and we don't know the half of it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper