Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an article here by the DT, speaking of all the people who have gone missing in Northern NSW.

They have more than 300 sets of unidentified remains, and are seeking families of missing persons to provide them with DNA samples in the hopes that they can identify the remains they have.

They are going to put some pop up DNA collection centres in Coffs Harbour (Feb 8 & 9) and Port Macquarie (Feb 11 & 12).
The police liken the northern area to the Bermuda Triangle due to the high amount of people there who go missing.

They classify the northern region as stretching from Newcastle to the Queensland border, and they have 192 missing persons cases in that zone - people who haven't been seen for more than 3 months. That includes little William (he is mentioned).
That is 50% more than any other NSW area, and the police can't explain why.

The article then goes on to speak about a couple of cases:
Rose Howell, 18, who went missing between Bellingen and Bundagen.
Rodney Bradridge, 23, who went missing from Mullumbimby.
Their families are still wondering what has happened to their loved one.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph
NSW police call for DNA samples in bid to solve missing person cases
January 31, 2021
Thank you for this info, but it’s just so sad, I can’t press ‘like’.

Jailed sex offender Frank Abbott became a particular focus, with witnesses claiming Abbott knew "something" and had been "obsessed" with the search for William.

The now-elderly man lived a caravan on a property on Herons Creek Road, about four kilometres from Kendall, at the time of the boy's disappearance.

He denies any involvement and has suggested the finger was pointed at him because of his criminal history and the reward money.

How many think this^^^ is the answer? Personally, I am leaning towards him as the prime suspect. But ?

Hi Katy,

I’ll put my hand up in judgement of him as being a pretty unsavoury human being, but I’m not convinced that he’s responsible for William’s disappearance - as much as I want the ‘guilty’ to be found & held accountable.

That’s just my personal opinion, I may be proved wrong & I may even change it, given new evidence.

Launched today by the Australian Federal Police and the Australian Centre to Counter Child Exploitation:
Stop child abuse - Trace An Object

"We need your help in the fight against online child sexual exploitation.
The [objects in the
Trace An Object gallery] have been taken from the background of child sexual abuse images [in cases which police have not yet been able to solve].
Can you help us recognise these objects?
We specifically want to trace their origin (location/country)."

(Note that a trigger warning says that the images may be distressing for some people, which nearly stopped me from viewing the site at all. But IMO the images are not distressing in themselves. They each show only a small detail, such as a fabric pattern, a bathroom tile, a design on a hat. It's the context of each image which might be the distressing part, IMO - thinking about what is not being shown, for example - and the knowledge that the children have not yet been located and rescued.)

From the AFP media release (03 March 2021):
"If you recognise an object and any details about its origin – be it from a shop, location or time period – please report it via the [Trace An Object] website. You can do so securely and anonymously."
"No clue is too small. Your small tip could be the information we need to rescue a child from significant harm."
This is such a great initiative. Sometimes just the smallest piece of information is the key to the lock.

IMO

with the north and mid nsw coast and inland areas flooding, i wonder if someone is worried about what may be unearthed and if they are covertly checking sites?
There's still a chance William might be alive, IMO, just based on the evidence presented to the public at the inquest. If the police actually did prove that his remains were not in the area around where he was last seen, and if there's no evidence of him being taken away either... there's just not much evidence of anything at all. But bearbear, if someone knows otherwise and is out there searching for what they know should be there, I agree with you: let's hope someone else notices and says something.

Sadly we don't know yet War, as its been delayed ....
do we know why inquest has been delayed ? also could it be because of the two Kendall males the AFP arrested ? I can still see those cars in one of the back yards that seemed very familiar to the ones reported racing around the corner..I dont have the pic.It breaks my heart that Williams case has gone so quiet :(

do we know why inquest has been delayed ? also could it be because of the two Kendall males the AFP arrested ? I can still see those cars in one of the back yards that seemed very familiar to the ones reported racing around the corner..I dont have the pic.It breaks my heart that Williams case has gone so quiet :(
Counsel assisting has asked for more time to complete his report. I don't think that would be because of additional evidence coming in, because I imagine the coroner herself would be involved in that. Perhaps counsel assisting has had personal complications such as ill health.

Counsel assisting has asked for more time to complete his report. I don't think that would be because of additional evidence coming in, because I imagine the coroner herself would be involved in that. Perhaps counsel assisting has had personal complications such as ill health.
JLZ (or anyone else who might know), do you know what sort of thing the counsel assisting's report will cover? (I searched for an answer and couldn't find anything.) Would he be doing a summary of all the evidence, or making recommendations about legal questions, or... ?

JLZ (or anyone else who might know), do you know what sort of thing the counsel assisting's report will cover? (I searched for an answer and couldn't find anything.) Would he be doing a summary of all the evidence, or making recommendations about legal questions, or... ?
This was about all I could find:

As Higgins CJ, Crispin and Bennett JJ summarised in Doogan - R v Doogan; ex parte Lucas-Smith (2005) 157 ACTR 1 at 165:

“While, as Mr Tracey has suggested, a coroner cannot delegate his or her responsibility to weigh the evidence and make appropriate findings, that does not mean that he or she must write the report unaided. On the contrary, a coroner is entitled to have counsel assisting or an associate undertake a range of tasks, such as providing a summary of the evidence, an outline of the relevant statutory provisions and references to authorities.”

The role of counsel assisting in commissions of inquiry

I take it that to a large extent it's up to the individual coroner in the context of the case to tell counsel assisting what tasks are to comprise his report.

This was about all I could find:

As Higgins CJ, Crispin and Bennett JJ summarised in Doogan - R v Doogan; ex parte Lucas-Smith (2005) 157 ACTR 1 at 165:

“While, as Mr Tracey has suggested, a coroner cannot delegate his or her responsibility to weigh the evidence and make appropriate findings, that does not mean that he or she must write the report unaided. On the contrary, a coroner is entitled to have counsel assisting or an associate undertake a range of tasks, such as providing a summary of the evidence, an outline of the relevant statutory provisions and references to authorities.”

The role of counsel assisting in commissions of inquiry

I take it that to a large extent it's up to the individual coroner in the context of the case to tell counsel assisting what tasks are to comprise his report.
Thank you.

The floods fill me with despair that dear William will never be found...... while at the same time I am hoping that some small clue might be unearthed by the flood waters......
That's what I was hoping/not-hoping :( If he had been buried in a shallow grave, perhaps something may become dislodged and able to be discovered. Better to be found, than to forever not know what happened to him. imo.

Does anyone here know exactly what parts of Kendall are flooded and how badly? I would be very interested to know about the bush around the FGM’s previous house, the Batar Creek Road area, the area around Timothy Doyle’s house and the areas/towns FA was known to frequent, including the saw mill and where his caravan was located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6