Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@CleaverGreene.

Are you able to advise please if it is ok for a member of the public to attend either a criminal court case or coronial hearing and take notes of, or record (by use of a mobile phone or other device) testimony given by individuals? And is it then ok for those details to be then published online anywhere?

I recall reading something during a recent Trial where members of the public who attended were not permitted to do so. I always thought the media representatives where the only people that were able to take notes etc at the time persons were giving their testimony. Just want to clarify in my own mind thankyou.

Finally, do you consider if a Trial by judge alone is possible in NSW with regard to the William Tyrrell case if it gets to the prosecution stage?

Thank you for this info re transcripts. I have a deaf child so I'm always looking to see if something has subtitles and/or transcripts and sometimes that can be hard for me to find. Not that I'm going to show this particular video to my child but I like to see that platform's are accessible.

Just be aware you may have to correct some parts of the transcript. Have a look at one of the videos I posted above and you will see what I mean.

My husband and I bought our second home from family friends and it was no different to a sale with an agent except they did not have showings and they did not pay the hefty agent's fee. It just went through our solicitor and their solicitor sent ours the contract and vice versa just before settlement. It took as long as other houses we have bought through agents, although now there is a process of having a quicker settlement.

Usually 1-2 weeks to exchange contracts and then 4-6 weeks to settle.

@CleaverGreene.

Are you able to advise please if it is ok for a member of the public to attend either a criminal court case or coronial hearing and take notes of, or record (by use of a mobile phone or other device) testimony given by individuals? And is it then ok for those details to be then published online anywhere?

I recall reading something during a recent Trial where members of the public who attended were not permitted to do so. I always thought the media representatives where the only people that were able to take notes etc at the time persons were giving their testimony. Just want to clarify in my own mind thankyou.

Finally, do you consider if a Trial by judge alone is possible in NSW with regard to the William Tyrrell case if it gets to the prosecution stage?

journalists don’t have any special privileges above any other person really…anyone can go and report on what gets said, provided it is said in open court/inquest and they abide by any non publication orders. Whether you as a reader choose to trust a member of the public’s reports as much as a journo’s reporting is up to you.

ETA.
but phone recordings of proceedings are generally not allowed.

journalists don’t have any special privileges above any other person really…anyone can go and report on what gets said, provided it is said in open court/inquest and they abide by any non publication orders. Whether you as a reader choose to trust a member of the public’s reports as much as a journo’s reporting is up to you.

ETA.
but phone recordings of proceedings are generally not allowed.
Thankyou for your considered reply. My question was direct at Cleaver Greene as he is a verified legal eagle on WS.

New Article in The Australian paraphrased:

From a criminologist regarding what Police are looking for in the current search:
  • Criminologist Terry Goldsworthy said police were searching for items such as bone fragments or the teeth of a young child.

• Dr Goldsworthy stated “There is material there. We have seen the material released by the police and they have an electronic sifter that makes (processing) it faster.

• Dr Goldsworthy also stated “It would be very draining to be constantly vigilant to ensure you don't miss a crucial bit of evidence that may be contained in the material (soil etc). It will be a very slow and thorough (process) to move through all that.”

From the Police Minister.

• The Police Minister David Elliot hinted at new evidence, during a morning show interview.

• He stated that detectives wouldn’t be searching there unless they thought there were new and fresh leads.

• Police have additional help like a forensic archaeologist and a hydrologist but it will still take a lot of time.

William Tyrrell latest: What police are looking for as search enters second week (theaustralian.com.au)

This makes complete sense. The main assumption has been that she was behind the lens, a flip view finder allows some flexibility.
The FFC says in the 60 minutes interview that W was looking at her and she was crouched down to take the photo, which implies that her body was in a low position not just her arm - this is why it doesn’t make sense.

I am a registered nurse of 45 years, tongue depressors do not do that. MOO and IME.
And seeing that you think the poster should be verified before you believe him, are you a verified professional to make the claim about tongue depressors?

I consider that if anybody was roaring at someone that roaring person would be looking directly at that person. A roar in my mind is a kind of communication. You don't normally communicate by looking elsewhere than directly to the person you are communicating with.

The FFC says in the 60 minutes interview that W was looking at her and she was crouched down to take the photo, which implies that her body was in a low position not just her arm - this is why it doesn’t make sense.

It makes no sense, unless she has super long bendy arms like Mr Tickles, and her head is on the end of a very long giraffe like neck and she wasn't looking through the visor, but through a secondary viewing platform like a laptop for instance ..

I consider that if anybody was roaring at someone that roaring person would be looking directly at that person. A roar in my mind is a kind of communication. You don't normally communicate by looking elsewhere than directly to the person you are communicating with.
And especially in a game of tigers.

OK I will confess ....

I think the "school thing" is an error, and possibly that is my fault as I misremembered reading something. (that I can no longer find to reference to)

I sincerely apologize to the thread for this mistake.

IMO

An hour into Tuesday's dig, Professor Jon Olley directed a select team of officers across the street from the usual search zone at Batar Creek Rd.

The search intensified late-morning when they shooed reporters away from their main dig site as they appeared to locate a heavy object buried at the site.

[This is a distinct change from previously allowing journos to take photos of earlier items that have been dug up]

Dr Lowe, alongside a police officer, collected a yellow bag full of evidence from the ground.

After filling one bag and marking the area with a 'K' evidence marker, the duo hurried back toward the forensics van.

William Tyrrell: Body finding expert leads detectives to a NEW site in Kendall | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarleyMahem