Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone took William, it is unlikely to have been their first offence, says Dr Michael Diamond, a forensic psychiatrist and criminal profiler. “You don’t just do this sort of crime for the first time,” he says. “You would have to overcome other experiential things that confront you if you are going to do something of that magnitude.

Is it somebody who has access to a child, and thought about it and not done it because their contact is too obvious, and so it has been a rehearsed and lived-in fantasy without the terrible outcome?” Diamond asks.

Unlikely to be their first offence according to criminal profiler.
Assuming this is the case .. the question is it someone that has been investigated/charged for previous offences or treatment of children? imo

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

True. I think I know about the nasty comments too, makes sense if it fits
So it could be some kind of revenge act? If that's the case, I would sincerely hope there's a chance that pedophiles may not be involved?

That, or BS is not involved at all and it was just a very scorned person wanting to stir trouble but given the apparent nature of others possibly involved, I would doubt it's the latter

Hmmm... But did the investigation play a part in WS's foster children being removed. It could very well be that the troublemaker got the desired results.

:moo: Just popped into my head while reading.

I am sorry but I just can't see that someone would take such a risk to snatch a child on such a quiet street. If William did go running out because he heard a car and thought it was his Dad, firstly the person in the car would not be expecting to see a child because it was a surprise visit by the family. Secondly, it would be quite likely that an adult would be following on the heels of the child. In the case of BS his truck is sign written so it would be a HUGE risk to take William whilst in the truck. I live in a relatively quiet street and I look out the window whenever I hear a car stop nearby. In such a quiet street such as where William's grandma lived it would be almost a certainty that some neighbour would look out the window to see who had pulled up. Nobody knew William was going to be there so this could not have been a planned abduction. That leaves a perfect storm of coincidences and I just can't see it.

I can understand checking out cars if near a window or in the front yard, but it's hard to believe that anyone checks out every single vehicle noise they hear, no matter what they are in the middle of doing. Who leaves their table/bathroom/bed/television/computer (or whatever else is occupying their time) every time they hear a car? I live in a short street with only 8 homes that ends in a cul de sac - so it has very light traffic. I certainly don't jump up and run to the front of the house and check outside every time I hear a car. If someone went tearing by at high speed or I heard screeching tyres ... maybe - but I don't find it hard to imagine that in a quiet country street everyone could be just be going about their business and enjoying their morning without noticing a vehicle quietly driving or idling nearby.

I don't think Jubelin ever fails to consider anything. He's one of the best investigators in the country. If they have their sights set on BS it's for a good reason

I have great faith in Jubelin, I reckon he will get him in the end. The police need more Jubelins.

I have great faith in Jubelin, I reckon he will get him in the end. The police need more Jubelins.

Totally agree with you, I also have great faith in him. He is someone whom I feel will not let go of any lead etc. ...

My thinking is that LE know that BS is connected. His Alibi probably never stood firm which is why they have spent SOOO much time and money on searching his property. They possibly wanted to let his name out there so that they might get more "dirt" on him to make a profile that fits what they are looking for. They may have actually already received such information but are not letting us know because they want/need more. BS is the only POI that I have actually heard being named and LE have made no attempt to clear him or the public's suspicions in any way. I would think that, as usual, they know damn well who is responsible but need to glue the bits together. Releasing the info of a local Pedo ring is possibly just a way of encouraging anyone at all to twig to a connection that will implicate BS (in my opinion.) LE want us to connect these 2 things; BS and Pedo ring. There is little point in arresting BS if it doesn't lead to locating WT. It would be better just to watch him closely, perhaps for years, until they get a good lead. Anyway, that's just what I think.

I do too. I'm more frustrated with all of the contradictory MSM reports.

I've found that Australian posters don't tend to use the acronyms (especially the MOO and IMHO type ones) so much in threads where it's mostly other Australians posting. It seems like they are expected at the end of every post elsewhere, but not so much here. I think the milking quip was a bit of humour because when you aren't used to seeing MOOs all the time, it does look a bit funny :)

:eek:verreaction: :tos: The same rules apply to everyone on every thread.

Poor marleywings was overworked modsnipping posts in these Australian threads. Whatever happened to her? Websleuths is pretty strict about keeping to the facts. If it's not in MSM it can't be presented as fact. :naughty: If you don't like the acronyms, there are other ways to label a post as your opinion.

I can understand checking out cars if near a window or in the front yard, but it's hard to believe that anyone checks out every single vehicle noise they hear, no matter what they are in the middle of doing. Who leaves their table/bathroom/bed/television/computer (or whatever else is occupying their time) every time they hear a car? I live in a short street with only 8 homes that ends in a cul de sac - so it has very light traffic. I certainly don't jump up and run to the front of the house and check outside every time I hear a car. If someone went tearing by at high speed or I heard screeching tyres ... maybe - but I don't find it hard to imagine that in a quiet country street everyone could be just be going about their business and enjoying their morning without noticing a vehicle quietly driving or idling nearby.

My old street was exactly the same as this, would be hilarious if we were neighbours :laughing:
I agree though, I hardly ever looked outside when I heard a car because I'd be wasting my days running to the front window :p we had many cars turn into our street by accident and plus when a house goes up for rent/sale lots of people drive past...

:eek:verreaction: :tos: The same rules apply to everyone on every thread.

Poor marleywings was overworked modsnipping posts in these Australian threads. Whatever happened to her? Websleuths is pretty strict about keeping to the facts. If it's not in MSM it can't be presented as fact. :naughty: If you don't like the acronyms, there are other ways to label a post as your opinion.

Nobody is breaking rules here as far as I can see - I think we realise that everyone is expressing an opinion and accept that without the need for acronyms. We aren't creating the facts of a case here, we are discussing them and tossing around ideas. Mods haven't been overworked due to the absence of acronyms, just as adding a MOO onto the end of a post doesn't mean you have free rein to post whatever you like about anyone and everyone connected to a case.
:cow:

My old street was exactly the same as this, would be hilarious if we were neighbours :laughing:
I agree though, I hardly ever looked outside when I heard a car because I'd be wasting my days running to the front window :p we had many cars turn into our street by accident and plus when a house goes up for rent/sale lots of people drive past...

Indeed, there were two properties for sale on Benaroon Drive at the time, IIRC? Seeing unfamiliar cars probably wasn't that out of the ordinary on that street because of that reason alone. Plus you're always going to have various visitors and tradies driving on the street as well. Part of my childhood was in a semi-rural area like Kendall and while cars are infrequent compared to a suburban or city street, it's not like they're at unicorn levels of rarity. ;)

If BS wasn't due to go to the house to make repairs he wouldnt be on the police's radar. The police may well be right with their suspicions but if they are not they have ruined a man's life and William will still be missing. My husband is a home handyman and attends many homes where he works on his own. I would hate to think a crime might occur and because of a coincidence he might be a suspect. Perhaps the police should come out and say whether is a suspect and if so why.

If BS wasn't due to go to the house to make repairs he wouldnt be on the police's radar. The police may well be right with their suspicions but if they are not they have ruined a man's life and William will still be missing. My husband is a home handyman and attends many homes where he works on his own. I would hate to think a crime might occur and because of a coincidence he might be a suspect. Perhaps the police should come out and say whether is a suspect and if so why.

Exactly. You can make the argument both ways. One on side, you could say it's too coincidental for Spedding to be possibly planning to carry out a repair on the morning/day a child goes missing from the house he was going to, but you could also argue that would be way too obvious, unless this Spedding has a few screws loose

I agree louisepiglet - since his name was first revealed in msm I have fluctuated between feeling very sorry for BS and then being not so sure, and that's probably due to the fact that police haven't declared that he has been cleared as a POI. I don't know if they usually do that publicly? I do see why they wouldn't necessarily go public about why someone remains a POI though - I imagine they'd have to preserve that information for any future legal proceedings. Today I went back and did a bit of facebook browsing and honestly nothing there seems untoward to me, so again I'm hoping he hasn't been put through all this for no reason.

Exactly. You can make the argument both ways. One on side, you could say it's too coincidental for Spedding to be possibly planning to carry out a repair on the morning/day a child goes missing from the house he was going to, but you could also argue that would be way too obvious, unless this Spedding has a few screws loose

Yes very true. Most of the BS hype has come from the media. The police have said very little about POIs, and from the sounds of things they have far more than just BS.

I believe the police would never of wanted BS named in the media. Unfortunately the cameras jumped on him before the story could be contained.

May not be a black and white issue though, BS may not have taken William personally, but knows someone that could (someone who knew BS was due to be at the house that day?) And I wonder if police allowed the media to jump on him because then they don't feel under as much pressure to release the names of any other POI that may be more complicit/involved

Spedding is polite but wary. “I treat the media with the respect of a snake,” he says. He won’t comment on the “vexatious complaints” or *Margaret’s visit to the clairvoyant.
He *confirms that he has engaged lawyers and is considering legal action against some media outlets for their coverage.
But mostly, he politely bats away our questions with a “no comment”.
When asked if there is anything he’d like to add, he says: “Well, I am not guilty, of course. I was never there on the day.”

Considering legal action against some media outlets ... Why only some?

Then we have his friend Mr Youngberry ... “Anyway,” he advises, “you blokes should go and talk to Bill.” And so we do.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

A few days later we contact his son, Rodney Spedding, who runs a Sydney electrical business. He says despite his father’s calm exterior he is “only just hanging in there”.
He would not comment about the “vexatious complaints” against his father, and says he fully supports him. “He’d give you the shirt off his back,” Rodney *Spedding says.
“He’s taken in kids and looked after them over the years. I’ve watched him with my kids. I’ve got no doubt that he would have nothing to do with the disappearance of William.”

He says his father was due to go to William’s grandmother’s house on the day William disappeared, to fix her washing machine, but “he went to an award ceremony at the school, where one of the boys was getting an award, so he ended up going there rather than going out on that day to William’s grandmother’s”. He says his father told him that he phoned the grandmother to say he would not be coming to fix the washing machine.

I know this has been discussed many times but it just seems that if he did in fact phone the grandmother then it's all in the timing.
What time was he expected to arrive and what time did he make the phone call to say he was not coming?

Geez, no wonder the police are interested. Look at how many times the story changes!

He says his father was due to go to William’s grandmother’s house on the day William disappeared, to fix her washing machine, but “he went to an award ceremony at the school, where one of the boys was getting an award, so he ended up going there rather than going out on that day to William’s grandmother’s”. He says his father told him that he phoned the grandmother to say he would not be coming to fix the washing machine.

Didn't he stop by prior to the 12th and arranged to be there on the 12th to carry out the job, surely he would have known in advance that the award ceremony was coming up, why would he wait till the 12th to cancel the job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd