Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It comes as the court heard police had bugged the foster parents' homes with nine listening devices and eight hidden cameras."
If they had 8 cameras, why wasn't the alleged assault played at the crime commission?? Surely they would have caught it on camera IMO

She wasn’t a POI at the time of most if not all of these interviews.
correct. GJ was on side with the FM, FACS were on her side and so was the media. If it turns out that poor William died as a result of neglect by being left alone unsupervised, by the FM who was being paid to care for him, or worse, and then his death was covered up by the FM , then the FM will be considered the most manipulative, evil person in Australia. IMO.

If they had 8 cameras, why wasn't the alleged assault played at the crime commission?? Surely they would have caught it on camera IMO
Perhaps it was inadmissible or the camera didn't cover that area. Who knows. What we do know is that there were 8 cameras as it was disclosed in court, and what we also know is that the foster mother did lie about never hitting her child with a wooden spoon, which was proven by her tapped phone call to her husband saying that she hit her with a wooden spoon and that it would leave a welt.

"Have you ever hit her with a wooden spoon?' Sergeant Lonergan asked her on the second day of the hearing. 'Never,' she replied.

However, a chilling intercepted phone call was later played where she told her husband the girl was 'going to have a massive welt on her leg' after she hit her with the wooden spoon.

Another recording allegedly caught the moment she smacked the girl with the spoon while she screamed and cried."

I think she got very lucky with that magistrate to rule in her favour on this occasion, IMO.

Last edited:
S

Perhaps it was inadmissible or the camera didn't cover that area. Who knows. What we do know is that there were 8 cameras as it was disclosed in court, and what we also know is that the foster mother did lie about never hitting her child with a wooden spoon, which was proven by her tapped phone call to her husband saying that she hit her with a wooden spoon and that it would leave a welt.

I think she got very lucky with that magistrate to rule in her favour on this occasion, IMO.

Not sure how it would be inadmissible ( unless the cameras were not legal ) , 8 cameras apparently....according to the DM, which I take with a grain of salt, sadly I've seen so much misreported by the DM......

Was it reported about the cameras from any other MSM at all??

Thanks for the links :)

IMO if there were cameras there would be no way that they wouldn't share that, with the current theme of sharing (leaking) to/with the media. I think the DM is the only MSM that have reported that "News", nobody else. If not, please let me know.
(:)Another Candice story).

Can the FF choose the sex of the child? I’m surprised they wanted another child after the trauma of losing another persons biological child.

Exactly! I think this is really bizarre. After such an incident I don't think I could go back to being a foster parent. The other thing that I find shocking is that they were allowed to foster another child. I simply could not believe this when I read it.

Not sure how it would be inadmissible ( unless the cameras were not legal ) , 8 cameras apparently....according to the DM, which I take with a grain of salt, sadly I've seen so much misreported by the DM......

Was it reported about the cameras from any other MSM at all??

Thanks for the links :)
There's many reasons evidence may be inadmissible. You could look at rules of evidence for reasons.

Perhaps the police thought the audio was sufficient and didn't admit the video evidence (if there was video evidence).

It's highly unlikely that police would put surveillance equipment in a home without a valid warrant, and much less likely that they'd announce it in court if they did it unlawfully.

Jubelin and his unlawful surveillance tactics not withstanding.

IMO only.

Please do. I would imagine that 8 cameras in their home would have brought about suspicion on their part, as that many would definitely be hard to hide.
I linked the article.

Hidden cameras are obviously hidden. They can be the size of a small marble and placed in places like air vents, air-conditioners, curtain rods, etc. IMO

Exactly! I think this is really bizarre. After such an incident I don't think I could go back to being a foster parent. The other thing that I find shocking is that they were allowed to foster another child. I simply could not believe this when I read it.

I don't think the children's services have a lot of options. There is an extreme shortage of foster carers. You may have seen fairly recent PSAs on our SA TV, looking for foster carers.

As they were still approved to be foster carers, they would have been sought to take on another child.

At the moment (and for years) pretty much all of our states are warehousing older children in group homes and motels. And trying to find spaces for the younger ones.

Not enough people want to share their homes with, and take on the responsibility of, a traumatised child.

imo

Last edited:
And now we have this comment by Dr Michael Kennedy

"Former police detective and criminologist Dr Michael Kennedy believes the DPP will be in no rush to lay charges.
“It’s not a bad thing, there’s a lot at stake,” he tells Woman’s Day. “I’ve been told they referred it about a month ago. [Homicide Squad Commander, Detective Superintendent] Danny Doherty is an old-school detective and he would realise this has the potential to implode so he’d want to do everything properly.”
Michael believes it’s possible someone close to the foster family could have prompted this latest twist in the case.
“[Perhaps] there’s been enormous family pressure and someone within the family who knows something has just got sick of it all and said, ‘This has to all come to an end.’”

We may hear more specifics of the actual devices when the Alleged Assault Charges are heard?

We need to remember the earlier charges were technically related to Alleged Lying to the NSWCC, (found not guilty) and not the actual alleged assaults ….

iMO

And now we have this comment by Dr Michael Kennedy

"Former police detective and criminologist Dr Michael Kennedy believes the DPP will be in no rush to lay charges.
“It’s not a bad thing, there’s a lot at stake,” he tells Woman’s Day. “I’ve been told they referred it about a month ago. [Homicide Squad Commander, Detective Superintendent] Danny Doherty is an old-school detective and he would realise this has the potential to implode so he’d want to do everything properly.”
Michael believes it’s possible someone close to the foster family could have prompted this latest twist in the case.
“[Perhaps] there’s been enormous family pressure and someone within the family who knows something has just got sick of it all and said, ‘This has to all come to an end.’”

Wondering if the FGM did before she passed away. The timeline would fit.

I still don't think she was involved but it's an interesting theory.

IMO.

Last edited:
We may hear more specifics of the actual devices when the Alleged Assault Charges are heard?

We need to remember the earlier charges were technically related to Alleged Lying to the NSWCC, (found not guilty) and not the actual alleged assaults ….

iMO

It is possible they had cameras outside the home only (if they had video surveillance). Remembering PS peering into the surveillance camera that he found outside his home in a bush.

I have been looking to try to see any conditions on police video surveillance in homes. There is nothing specific in the surveillance Act about where they can place devices, but there must be limitations.
I have seen laws in the US that say not in the bedroom, not in the bathroom, only for 30 days then they need to renew the warrant. Due to breach of privacy.

Also, the DM article says 'homes". Does that mean X number of devices at home #1 then X number of devices at home #2? Total for both homes being a certain amount of devices. If they had moved residences during that period.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...l/news-story/55fe696ecdf5361c3f164bec8bd03e4d

This article was written and published on the following Thursday after William’s disappearance (6 days later):

Fehon asked the Journalists, after they had been there for 10 minutes, what they thought had happened to William.

NB: Early description of the details … which seem to have differed over time e.g. The phone on which the last photograph of William was taken has been analysed — the photo was taken “within an hour” of his disappearance.

A volunteer surf lifesaver from Port Macquarie who had been helping search for William said:

“It’s like something has come from the sky, ... Like he was plucked out of thin air."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill