Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nope. It has grown legs. No-one said that the FM threw anything AFAIK.

Way back (Sep 19th, 2014) it was reported that the police were looking for rubbish/clothing/a weapon that may have been thrown from a car.
They were looking in the forest.

"They have been told to look for anything that could be discarded from a car such as rubbish or William's clothing."

"For days, SES and police have searched deep into the thick forest looking for anything - clothing, rubbish, a weapon - that may have been discarded from a car carrying three-year-old William Tyrell."

"Sergeant John King from the police rescue squad told a briefing on Thursday morning that vehicles would travel into mountainous regions to look for evidence such as rubbish discarded from cars."

Thread 2, post 631

View attachment 531245
Wow. Do people seriously think an object thrown near Cobb & Co Road could have landed in Middle Brother Forest?

Anyone with a 3 year old can tell us that a 3 year old can put their own shoes on, and take them off. The little 3 year old in my family has been putting her own shoes on since she was almost 3 (somewhere between 2½ & 3 years old). And she does up the velcro. And takes her own shoes off.

They have them do that in daycare, and her parents reinforce it. At home, she even puts her own shoes by the front door after she takes them off.

a.jpg

One line of questioning was the foster-mother's account that William had been wearing shoes at the time of his disappearance when photographs taken shortly before showed him barefoot.
"The answer was that the shoes weren't on William at the time of the photo but William was capable of putting his shoes on," he said.

View attachment 531260

One line of questioning was the foster-mother's account that William had been wearing shoes at the time of his disappearance when photographs taken shortly before showed him barefoot.
"The answer was that the shoes weren't on William at the time of the photo but William was capable of putting his shoes on," he said.

Jumping off, what do we make of this (from GJ's DT article)?

His wife ran out with one of the neighbours, asking him, ‘Is William with you?’

Was it AMS already, or a different neighbour? Or is MFC misremembering because AMS was there a bit later on when FFC made the emergency services call?

Another thing that reads strangely is that when GJ suggested the grandmother had accidentally hurt William, MFC answers that she couldn't hurt a fly. It's a false note. Why represent her as an extreme pacifist who'd always return good for evil . . . when that wasn't her character, apparently, and when it wasn't any sort of answer to the question about accidental harm? Anyone can have an accident.

Jumping off, what do we make of this (from GJ's DT article)?

His wife ran out with one of the neighbours, asking him, ‘Is William with you?’

Was it AMS already, or a different neighbour? Or is MFC misremembering because AMS was there a bit later on when FFC made the emergency services call?

Another thing that reads strangely is that when GJ suggested the grandmother had accidentally hurt William, MFC answers that she couldn't hurt a fly. It's a false note. Why represent her as an extreme pacifist who'd always return good for evil . . . when that wasn't her character, apparently, and when it wasn't any sort of answer to the question about accidental harm? Anyone can have an accident.
What do you mean it wasn’t her character? Was there statements made about this?

Reactions: JLZ
As stubborn as little W seemed to be that morning, he certainly didn't voluntarily put on shoes just to walk on the grass.
It may of course be, that the grass was prickly and not pleasant on his feet. But we don't know, how far he got, with or without shoes.
MOO

She was 81 years old at the time, and recovering from an illness.

She was 81 years old at the time, and recovering from an illness.
I don't mean FGM was malicious or that she was capable of deliberately hurting William--I haven't read anything to suggest that she was. I think she wasn't a pushover and some of the locals had a problem with that. Where am I getting that? I struggle to remember. I think there might have been hints that there was history with Chapman and with some people--not all of them--at the community organization she had been involved with. I do recall the organization wished her well on her departure. In my opinion, if a fly stung her she'd swipe it. If somebody quarrelled with her she'd say her piece. And if a man did the same nobody would blink.

I don't mean FGM was malicious or that she was capable of deliberately hurting William--I haven't read anything to suggest that she was. I think she wasn't a pushover and some of the locals had a problem with that. Where am I getting that? I struggle to remember. I think there might have been hints that there was history with Chapman and with some people--not all of them--at the community organization she had been involved with. I do recall the organization wished her well on her departure. In my opinion, if a fly stung her she'd swipe it. If somebody quarrelled with her she'd say her piece. And if a man did the same nobody would blink.

Doesn't mean she was in any way agile at the time that William disappeared. Likely pretty frail due to age and having been unwell. I don't think she even did the breakfast prep that day, hadn't done any laundry (even any handwashing, by the sounds of things).

Have to consider what it is like to be 81 and be recovering from an illness.
She died 7 years later, her illness could have been on the more serious side.

Last edited:
Doesn't mean she was in any way agile at the time that William disappeared. Likely pretty frail due to age and having been unwell. I don't think she even did the breakfast prep that day, hadn't done any laundry (even any handwashing, by the sounds of things).

Have to consider what it is like to be 81 and be recovering from an illness.
So you think MFC's point was that she was too weak to harm anyone by accident, not too saintly? From what I've seen of the walkthrough I don't think she was especially frail. I would say she had memory problems, but I believe you don't agree. I'm not sure agility or lack of is relevant to the possibility of her being responsible for an accident. But it's MFC's response to the question, not suspicion of FGM, which is bugging me--just a little bit. I don't remember if I've seen the actual transcript. Perhaps I'm missing context.

So you think MFC's point was that she was too weak to harm anyone by accident, not too saintly? From what I've seen of the walkthrough I don't think she was especially frail. I would say she had memory problems, but I believe you don't agree. I'm not sure agility or lack of is relevant to the possibility of her being responsible for an accident. But it's MFC's response to the question, not suspicion of FGM, which is bugging me--just a little bit. I don't remember if I've seen the actual transcript. Perhaps I'm missing context.

I think she is out of the picture. I think she was approaching the end of her days, was quite old, was going to be moving from her home, likely sat and watched the children rather than playing with them.

The FD would have been more aware of her limitations than we are. They went there to help her. Another daughter had been there helping her prior to their arrival.

Because FGM was able to walk during her walkthrough doesn't mean her hips weren't hurting, or her knees weren't hurting, or that she felt physically well. She was doing her best to do her bit in helping, even if she seemed confused.
I have even wondered if she had been undergoing chemo. Because the chemicals in chemo can muddle a person's mind.

imo

Since following the case from day one, and reading virtually everything written about the case, i still do not believe the foster parents had anything to do with William’s disappearance.
There have been a number of cases since, when missing peoples bodies have been found years later in places that were previously searched.
I think it is still possible he was missed in the search.

Since following the case from day one, and reading virtually everything written about the case, i still do not believe the foster parents had anything to do with William’s disappearance.
There have been a number of cases since, when missing peoples bodies have been found years later in places that were previously searched.
I think it is still possible he was missed in the search.
I’m a bit on the fence sadly.
I want to be where you are, however ringing in my ears are the statements from FM & FF that William always stayed close, he wouldn’t run off, he wasn’t a wanderer, he was scared of the high tree etc.

If all that was true, and we accept the FM narrative, what then suddenly made William jump off the porch, run around the corner of the house - and then cross that expansive yard and head into Where?
…. in to the bush, that one would think would look too scary for such a child, particularly a 3 year old city kid, so maybe not
….. on to a road that surely he’d been taught the dangers of, so maybe not.
….. down the driveway to meet ‘daddy’ - possibly. Particularly if he’d been in trouble, and if as I suspect, it was ‘daddy’ who he had the close relationship with ( quite possibly to the consternation of FM. … if true, she wouldn’t be the first parent to be jealous of child / parent relationships)

3 year old Elijah Marsh wandered off, alone, from his apartment at 4am in Toronto. Just 5 months after William disappeared. I am sure that no-one thought that Elijah would leave the apartment, push out of the front doors, and wander outside in the dark and freezing cold.

Where was he going? What was on his mind? They will never know because they later found him huddled, frozen to death, in someone's back yard in the city.

Elijah was found "tucked away in the corner" in the backyard of a home
"He left that doorway and made his way out — the exact route we can't tell you. We may be able to find that out, we may never find that out, but we know where he ended up"

Eizentil said she didn't think to look in her own backyard.
.... a "good-natured little boy" who was a "little bit shy" at times.
"He's a typical three-year-old," she said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...who-went-missing-mourned-in-toronto-1.2962989

Let’s not forget NSWPF were limited and restricted with information both received and made public due to foster care legalities and non publication orders. How can witnesses come forward with information when identities are hidden and protected and information is misleading! Police initial response that morning was to find a missing 3yo boy and that’s exactly what police focused on when they arrived at fgm house and the days that followed. FACS initial response was to hide the ff identity and silence the media.
Absolutely a mistake IMO to hide these identities.

I can understand at first, because I'm sure the police handle thousands of similar cases that resolve quickly. And it's probably beneficial to keep a tight spotlight on things that they deem important.

But after a few days? Weeks? Months? Given the Current Affair's delight in Boogeyman headlines, it was absolutely important to show the family (while hiding the face of the little girl). Why? Because people remember faces. The journey they made by car was very recent to the vanishing, and the witnesses needed to be allowed to identify what they saw, and who else was around. And even on the day, it could be very important to give townspeople on the day to say "yes I saw the FF taking his call", and "hey, maybe person X was listening on", or anything that might pop up around the FMs movements (or probably lack there of). If the police and media promoted the Boogeyman-at-every-corner vibes, then protecting identities only limits witnesses. That's not angling towards the FP - it's a general thing. How can someone witness person X getting out of their car at any location if they don't even know who they are to look at?

OFC the false POI early in the investigation did not help. Most reasonable people would have agreed he was worth investigating even if the frenzy was completely OTT. The frenzy that was created by the actions and the media became impossible to put a lid on, and I believe the police weakly believed the hype that was generated, when they should of kept a wider view.

But boy, did they screw this up. And this was before the celebrity cop came onboard.

With all due respect, this ex detective caused the NSW government to make a huge payment in compensation. This ex detective now has a criminal record. I think it is a bit rich that he is asking for transparency.

With all due respect, this ex detective caused the NSW government to make a huge payment in compensation. This ex detective now has a criminal record. I think it is a bit rich that he is asking for transparency.

Well isn’t that calling the kettle black!?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette
Back