Autopsy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
happy2bn10ec said:
After the Laci trial, I promised myself I would never get as obsessed with another one...too late now.

Just think about her family having to hear all this stuff. How can they stand it?

i know Hap....it's got to be very hard for Michelle's mother & father...heck, the entire family....i would imagine though, they've known about these injuries for awhile.....i would THINK LE had given them some idea of how bad it was...course it wouldn't make any of this any easier i'm sure:(

Man, he sure wanted her dead, didn't he? From the autopsy, I am even more sure that it was her husband who killed her. Talk about overkill. There was no break-in; no robbery; no rape and extreme overkill. Who else who was very close to Michelle would want her dead? How many people knew that her husband left late that night for a business trip? If the husband wasn't the murderer, that sure left a very small window of opportunity for another killer, didn't it? Heck, she had a friend over until very late that night.

I believe that he underestimated how strong his wife really was. Remember, she was very athletic. He probably did have marks on his hands and arms. I wonder if the cops were able to observe anything when he came to retrieve his daughter the next day.

Of course, I feel that he caught her off guard. That wasn't enough to subdue her right away. He in his mind thought that he could strangle her and that would be it. I wonder if he was prepared with a weapon or just picked up something heavy in the room? Could a flashlight make that many deep lacerations to her head and even crack her skull? I was thinking of something heavier with a sharper edge. I guess I have to defer to Baden, though. He's the expert.

Hmm. Lighter than a hammer but sturdy enough to inflict that much force without breaking to bits, With striations. I have no idea.

LvsAMystry said:
Hmm. Lighter than a hammer but sturdy enough to inflict that much force without breaking to bits, With striations. I have no idea.

Baden mentioned a flashlight....COULD be that lamp too, i suppose?

eta....this makes more sense too...that's why the fronts of her hands were so bruised...i think while she was being attacked, at some point she tried to cover her head with her hands....they got hit with the 'instrument' also, to some degree, imo...flashlight, lamp..something along those lines would make more sense....

concernedperson said:
Negative. To force teeth out would require great force. Her skull was fractured in many places.

I had my skull fractured from a beating but it was once not repeatedly.

Good point - I forgot about her teeth. That is HUGE force. I'm so sorry to hear about your personal experience. :(

LvsAMystry said:
mag light flashlight - they have a steel case with straitions, handle from a socket set also comes to mind.

close_enough said:
Baden mentioned a flashlight....COULD be that lamp too, i suppose?

I'd be more inclined to think flashlight then. The lamp possibility has merit, but I think something like that may have been too awkward to really grip enough to deliver blows with any force. But you never know, could have been smaller sized lamp.

LvsAMystry said:
I'd be more inclined to think flashlight then. The lamp possibility has merit, but I think something like that may have been too awkward to really grip enough to deliver blows with any force. But you never know, could have been smaller sized lamp.

aaahh yes...you're right...i agreed with you on that with one of your other posts...

close_enough said:
aaahh yes...you're right...i agreed with you on that with one of your other posts...

;) God knows I have a ton of theories on things, none of which may actually be right!

ok, i keep going back to edit one of my posts...might as well just start over....

this makes more sense too...that's why the fronts of her hands were so bruised...i think while she was being attacked, at some point she tried to cover her head with her hands....they got hit with the 'instrument' also, to some degree, imo...flashlight, lamp..something along those lines would make more sense....the left hand was injured more than the right, although there was a 1/2" abrasion on her right wrist.....at some point she had to have been down on her right side, using her hands to cover her head while being hit...that would make sense as to why the left hand was more bruised/injured...

raisincharlie said:
mag light flashlight - they have a steel case with straitions, handle from a socket set also comes to mind.
Those little mag lights are heavy, too, and come in several sizes. I'd say even the littlest ones could really pop if it was swung pretty hard.

I think it would make such a good weapon that if I thought I had to keep something handy, that's what I would pick. I don't even lock my doors half the time.

nanandjim said:
I believe that he underestimated how strong his wife really was. Remember, she was very athletic. He probably did have marks on his hands and arms. I wonder if the cops were able to observe anything when he came to retrieve his daughter the next day.

Me too Nan. He met his match with her, imo. I doubt LE noticed anything the next day- fully clothed, sunglasses - my guess. He still had the sunglasses on at the funeral. Now I'm really thinking that he had a black eye. Boy, if this is the case and his parents have seen.....!!!!

LE didn't get to photograph him until Nov 8th - 5+ days after the murder. Someone was saying over at CTV that it takes 5 days for a surface wound to heal in which case LE might have been too late.

If it was him - let's hope he got a HUGE shiner!!

LvsAMystry said:
;) God knows I have a ton of theories on things, none of which may actually be right!

well, you have a point...a lamp would seem to be harder to manage while struggling with someone....a flashlight; not so much so....

Well, if it was a mag lite then I'm thinking it was already at the house since it seems he planned on murder by strangulation and then grabbed for that.

We don't know if it is missing, but if it is, there's a good chance Meredith would know because she had the run of the house at one point.

raisincharlie said:
I'm thinking of a heavy-duty flashlight too, like cops have. Would Meredith know if Michelle had one in the house? If so, is it missing?

raisincharlie said:
Some framing hammers have straitions as well but I think the hammer would have left the size of lacerations that were present.

I would suspect that the flashlight would be a good guess. Something that could have been in the bedroom. I think he came in with the intention of strangling her and things went bad. Possibly a kick in the you know what as charlie mentioned earlier. Things weren't going as planned and he found himself something in the bedroom to get the job done.

LvsAMystry said:
It has to be something that would deliver a force. I feel that what he used was close to hitting a hole in one.A flashlight has force but not the force a golf club or a fireplace poker. Remember the skull is extremely resilient and strong in an adult. He used something that would insure that Michelle wouldn't recover.

I write these words and cringe with the thought. Remember her teeth were knocked out from her jaw.Jesus Christ...I am sure she was unconscious after the first 2 blows.

panthera said:
I'm thinking of a heavy-duty flashlight too, like cops have. Would Meredith know if Michelle had one in the house? If so, is it missing?
I'm thinking it (if it is a flash light) is around Duffield...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member