AZ - 6-month old baby dies after being left in hot car by babysitter - July 31, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score
I cannot believe this is happening again, so very tragic. I am awaiting more information, it is confusing it was a neighbor drove mom somewhere was supposed to drop baby with dad.... teenager.... so much more information needed.

What a confusing account. The mother left the baby in the neighbor's car, which was being driven by a minor? The minor child assumed the responsibility? Where did the mother go?

yeah, I'm going to need more info as this case feels atypical to the usual "forgotten" baby cases we see here.

For now I can see this happening, if the young neighbor wasn't a normal person who had care and custody of this child, if the plan to leave baby in the car and return home to drop baby off with dad after the neighbor arrived back home, I can see the neighbor forgetting and just being on autopilot after arriving back home, getting out, leaving the sleeping forgotten baby in the car.

the headlines are deceptive because this doesn't sound like a babysitter. It's a ride that became a delivery service in an impromptu way it sounds like to me.

For now I feel sympathy with all involved. If more facts come out which show the teen neighbor was inebriated, on drugs, etc that could change. Right now this feels like an accident, with tragic, fatal results.

ETA I would want to know what time mom was dropped off and what time dad was expected to be there to receive baby.

yeah, I'm going to need more info as this case feels atypical to the usual "forgotten" baby cases we see here.

For now I can see this happening, if the young neighbor wasn't a normal person who had care and custody of this child, if the plan to leave baby in the car and return home to drop baby off with dad after the neighbor arrived back home, I can see the neighbor forgetting and just being on autopilot after arriving back home, getting out, leaving the sleeping forgotten baby in the car.

the headlines are deceptive because this doesn't sound like a babysitter. It's a ride that became a delivery service in an impromptu way it sounds like to me.

For now I feel sympathy with all involved. If more facts come out which show the teen neighbor was inebriated, on drugs, etc that could change. Right now this feels like an accident, with tragic, fatal results.

ETA I would want to know what time mom was dropped off and what time dad was expected to be there to receive baby.
Wouldn't some money have been paid to make the "minor neighbor" a babysitter"? Also the minor must have been at least 16 to drive? I'm not getting on anyone, but there is a huge hole in that account....neither mother nor father of the infant raised the phone to check on the baby for seven hours? I used to babysit way before anyone had a phone in their pocket, the parents called frequently.

Victim: Travis Carter Jr. 6 mo.
Just caught Aug. 3 article's headline.
Had MSM previously named parents?

^ names parents: mother Aleesia Phillips & father Travis Carter.

From pix of parents, I can't even guess ages. Anyone?

Last edited:
I am so confused by the details provided so far in this case. Especially the timing of things, and how long it took for people to get concerned.
So sorry for this baby's needless suffering.

From what I have picked up, the photo of the parents in Daily mail is quite old. The photo of the mother in the car is at least 7 years old. My guess is parents are in mid 30s

They look like teen parents to me. Of course I could be way off.

these people need to be charged up the wazoo to stop the excuses 'it was an accident'
Agreed --if negligence was involved ?
Seven hours is a looong time !!
Not sure how the bio dad forgot about the baby for seven hours ?
Assuming that he knew the mom (his ex, I think ?) was at work ?
Strange and sad case.
So many questions.
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member