AZ - 9 killed, 2 injured in W Phoenix shootings, April-June 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are they trying to copy the Phoenix serial shooters of the past?
http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Dale_Hausner_and_Samuel_Dieteman

I'm quite sure the killers will have a record of other offenses by now. Maybe police should
go back a few years and have a look at the juveniles who were involved in arsons
and were more cold-hearted than most. This may be how they started their life of crime.

Since there are passengers with the shooter(s) maybe the key is offering a huge reward
and urging someone to phone the tip line. Make it a life-changing amount so that the passengers
might even realize they could be shot next just to shut them up.

Passenger... you have been the witness to murder. Do you really think you are safe from this cold-blooded killer?
He will probably shoot you too to make sure you don't turn him in. Your only chance is to phone Crime Stoppers
and ask to get immunity for yourself. Stop the slaughter! Collect the reward money, and get out of Dodge.

August 17, 2016

10 shell casings found at Phoenix serial killer crime scene

1471476744864.jpg

Police investigating a serial killer stalking two predominantly Latin neighborhoods in Phoenix found 10 shell casings outside a home where one of his seven fatal victims suffered at least five gunshots.

That's according to a recently released police report on the June 3 death of Horacio de Jesus Pena.

Pena had returned home at night from his job at an assisted living facility and had his keys in hand when the attacker opened fire.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/1...und-at-phoenix-serial-killer-crime-scene.html

From the above link:

"Incidents linked to the Serial Street Shooter:

March 17: At approximately 11:30 p.m., a 16-year-old male was shot while walking in the street in the area of 1100 E. Moreland St. His injuries were not life-threatening.

March 18: At approximately 11:30 p.m., a 21-year-old male was shot while standing in the street outside of his vehicle in the area of 4300 N. 73rd Ave. His injuries were not life-threatening.

April 1: At approximately 9 p.m., Diego Verdugo-Sanchez was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 5500 W. Turney Ave.

April 19: At approximately 4:30 a.m., 55-year-old Krystal Annette White was found deceased from apparent gunshot injuries sustained in the area of 500 N. 32nd St.

June 3: At approximately 9:50 p.m., Horacio De Jesus Pena was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6700 W. Flower St.

June 10: At approximately 9:30 p.m., Manuel Castro Garcia was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6500 W. Coronado Road.

June 12: At approximately 2:35 a.m., an unoccupied vehicle was shot and damaged in the area of 6200 W. Mariposa Drive.

June 12: At approximately 3 a.m., Angela Linner, Stefanie Ellis and 12-year-old Maleah Ellis were shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6300 W. Berkeley Road.

July 11: During the evening, a vehicle occupied by a 21-year-old man and a 4-year-old boy was shot at in a residential neighborhood near 3200 E. Oak St. Neither victim was injured."

I don't know who the guy is behind this thing, but he obviously is not talking to the people around him about it. I'm a little concerned about the "It might be this kind of car or that kind of car" reports that are surfacing. Bad information by eye witnesses might very well prevent people close to this shooter from connecting the dots. It's probably going to turn out that he's some unhinged introvert that lives with his mother.

Remember a dozen years ago, the D.C. snipers were running around loose and all the eye witnesses kept claiming to have seen a white van always leaving the scene of the shooting. The cops pulled over every white van they encountered and ran owner infromation on the ones that were parked. Turns out the two clowns they caught and convicted never had access to a white van, not even for a single day. The problem turned out to be the overabundance of white vans running around everywhere. It was erroneous information on the part of the witnesses.

I thought once they got a definite make and model of the car he was driving, this nut would be identified and locked up within a couple of days. As it turns out, they've now said he may be driving 3 different styles of vehicles, and the cops don't really sound too overly sure about any of them.

I don't know who the guy is behind this thing, but he obviously is not talking to the people around him about it. I'm a little concerned about the "It might be this kind of car or that kind of car" reports that are surfacing. Bad information by eye witnesses might very well prevent people close to this shooter from connecting the dots. It's probably going to turn out that he's some unhinged introvert that lives with his mother.

Remember a dozen years ago, the D.C. snipers were running around loose and all the eye witnesses kept claiming to have seen a white van always leaving the scene of the shooting. The cops pulled over every white van they encountered and ran owner infromation on the ones that were parked. Turns out the two clowns they caught and convicted never had access to a white van, not even for a single day. The problem turned out to be the overabundance of white vans running around everywhere. It was erroneous information on the part of the witnesses.

I thought once they got a definite make and model of the car he was driving, this nut would be identified and locked up within a couple of days. As it turns out, they've now said he may be driving 3 different styles of vehicles, and the cops don't really sound too overly sure about any of them.

We've actually even got specific vehicle descriptions in the NoCo Shootings, as well as some surveillance footage of 2 vehicles (see my signature for link to Noco Shootings Task Force fb page), but still no ID on our shooter (s) over a year later ( link to Thead 1 also in my signature).

There is definitely an overabundance of BMWs in Arizona. The other two cars I wouldn't say are in oversupply.

Sports cars in general are very common. Mustangs, Camaros, BMWs especially.

If this guy has the presence of mind to throw the murder weapon away and make sure it's never found, chances are good they won't ever solve this one. I'd guess the only thing they have that ties all of this together are the bullet casings. No weapon, no comparison, no conviction.

Unfortunately, there will have to be more victims in order for them to continue and tie it all together, or so it seems at this stage. This guy certainly isn't blabbing and boasting to his friends about it, that's for sure.

From the above link:

"Incidents linked to the Serial Street Shooter:

March 17: At approximately 11:30 p.m., a 16-year-old male was shot while walking in the street in the area of 1100 E. Moreland St. His injuries were not life-threatening.

March 18: At approximately 11:30 p.m., a 21-year-old male was shot while standing in the street outside of his vehicle in the area of 4300 N. 73rd Ave. His injuries were not life-threatening.

April 1: At approximately 9 p.m., Diego Verdugo-Sanchez was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 5500 W. Turney Ave.

April 19: At approximately 4:30 a.m., 55-year-old Krystal Annette White was found deceased from apparent gunshot injuries sustained in the area of 500 N. 32nd St.

June 3: At approximately 9:50 p.m., Horacio De Jesus Pena was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6700 W. Flower St.

June 10: At approximately 9:30 p.m., Manuel Castro Garcia was shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6500 W. Coronado Road.

June 12: At approximately 2:35 a.m., an unoccupied vehicle was shot and damaged in the area of 6200 W. Mariposa Drive.

June 12: At approximately 3 a.m., Angela Linner, Stefanie Ellis and 12-year-old Maleah Ellis were shot and killed in front of a home in the area of 6300 W. Berkeley Road.

July 11: During the evening, a vehicle occupied by a 21-year-old man and a 4-year-old boy was shot at in a residential neighborhood near 3200 E. Oak St. Neither victim was injured."

All the streets are **00.Do all the streets in Phoenix end in 00's?

August 25, 2016

Phoenix police renew call for tips in serial killer case

Phoenix police renewed pleas to the public Thursday for information that could help catch a serial killer who has been stalking predominantly Hispanic neighborhoods.

"We collectively know somebody out there has information about the suspect involved in these crimes, and we desperately need that information," Police Chief Joe Yahner said.

The chief was joined at a news conference by the mayor, the Arizona attorney general and officials from the FBI and the U.S. Marshal Service.

"We also know that serial killers like to brag about the atrocities that they commit," U.S. Marshal David Gonzales said. "We don't think that this is any different."
Dubbed the "Serial Street Shooter," by police, the gunman is suspected of killing seven and wounding two in nine drive-by attacks since March. Most of the incidents took place at night as the victim was standing or sitting in a car outside a home. They occurred in two mostly Hispanic, working-class areas. In most of the cases, witnesses did not get a good look at the suspect's face or the vehicle leaving the scene.

It has been a more than a month since the last attack on July 11. Unlike other victims, the man who survived that shooting got a clearer glimpse of the suspect.

In a recently released police report, authorities say the 22-year-old victim was driving home in central Phoenix after spending the afternoon at the laundromat. His 4-year-old nephew was sitting in the front passenger seat.

According to the victim, he came to rest at a stop sign at a four-way intersection when a black BMW made a right turn. At that point, their vehicles were facing each other. The man told police he looked over at the other driver, who then pointed a handgun at him.

The driver fired once.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/25/phoenix-police-renew-call-for-tips-in-serial-killer-case.html

All the streets are **00.Do all the streets in Phoenix end in 00's?

I believe these are estimates. So if it was 5920 they just rounded to 5900. 3290 they rounded to 3200. They aren't giving a complete address for each shooting.

August 26, 2016
12:22 PM

FBI Profilers Help Hunt for Phoenix Serial Shooter Who Killed Seven

The FBI has dispatched its famed profilers to Phoenix to dig for clues to an elusive serial killer's identity and motivation.

Agents from the Behavioral Analysis Unit — the inspiration for movies and TV shows like "Criminal Minds" — have visited the crime scenes where the suspect has ambushed men, women and children, killing seven of them since March.

<snip>

In nine incidents, seven people have been killed. In the most recent shooting, a 22-year-old man driving home from the laundromat with his 4-year-old nephew narrowly escaped death on July 11.

His car was at a sign when the shooter's vehicle, likely a black BMW, turned right.

"When I saw the gun, I was shocked at first," the man, who asked not to be identified, told NBC affiliate KPNX. "It was kind of slow motion. Within seconds, I was like, 'OK, he just pulled out a gun. Is this really happening right now?'"

"And then that's when he began to fire," the survivor said. "So I looked away and reached for my nephew and the first thing that came to my mind was to get away from this guy as fast as possible."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...oenix-serial-shooter-who-killed-seven-n638331

There are SO MANY black BMWs there.
I feel bad for innocent people driving them but also for those trying to spot this guy.

Most of the black cars also have very tinted windows. (With the heat) so you can't even see who's driving unless the window is down.

Obviously he's not shooting with the window up. But during the day he'd likely be almost impossible to spot. This just seems like an almost impossible case to solve.

Almost seems like the shooter has backed off since his sketch was released. Idk if im right, but thsnk goodness no more deaths/shootings since July.

Whoever it is, needs to be in jail, and prosecuted. Juan Martinez would handle the matter well.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

I've still been messing around with Rossmo and other geographic profiling formulas, it made the news in oz a few days ago...

Based on the locations in the ABC15 map, the highest probability area according to Rossmo's Formula seems to be here:

attachment.php

Which if you think about it, is kind of ironic...

Attachments

• psss.png
    psss.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 151
I've still been messing around with Rossmo and other geographic profiling formulas, it made the news in oz a few days ago..

When I say it made the news, I mean the Phoenix Serial Shooter made the news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx
Back