AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe, 15 Jun 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was 4:53 the last time he spoke to her? At that point, she was about ten minutes "late"? So I can see her telling him she would be there "in a minute" to get him to wait, knowing she was late already, I guess. Maybe she was not as close as she pretended to be, or else she was grabbed right after hanging up.

As far as that article today...ugh. IF this was a random, roving predator, he may have moved on as soon as the story hit the papers, if not before. I am afraid that the delay in Adrienne being found may have cost LE any possible videos in the area where she was found, if anyone even had cameras. Likely they would be taped over. I was wondering about pings to the nearest tower between 5:30-7am or so, but that could be thousands of people. Is this an area where a lot of cars would be passing during these hours? (Just a guess on the hours as I think he would probably want to leave her body as quickly as possible and before regular traffic hours kicked in.) JMO

What cab driver drives 20 minutes to pick up a fare, talks to her several times while on the way, waits for ten minutes and then when his fare says "I'll be there in one minute." just up and leaves one minute later? What's wrong with this picture?

I don't think that is what happened, is it? Am trying to figure it out. I thought he stayed around a while after he last spoke to her.

(RSBM)

Yeah good point. I also wondered if she was wanting to pick up some snacks - something the boyf liked, or whatever.

Also someone was asking how it was known that she'd been back to the apartment - wasn't it that the party clothes/clothes she'd been wearing when she drove off were there?

On that note - was it ever released, what she WAS wearing? Did anyone know what was missing from her wardrobe?

She had aready come home once before after going with her bf to his house. She exited his car in Tempe and walked the rest of the way home. Her bedroom door was locked and she ended up sitting in the front lawn with her other roommate. She may have changed her clothes then before leaving again in her own car (before hitting the median). She also reportedly packed an unknown bag but left her makeup on the bathroom counter.

Can't find the source of second visit home after the car mishap.

I've read she was wearing a black sheer blouse with black bra and (can't remember) jeans? Sounds like her party outfit. I think this info was on her missing flyer.

What cab driver drives 20 minutes to pick up a fare, talks to her several times while on the way, waits for ten minutes and then when his fare says "I'll be there in one minute." just up and leaves one minute later? What's wrong with this picture?

No, according to a timeline I saw, from the time AS called for a cab from the time the cab driver first called her (he claims she answered) equals 30 minutes. The cab driver arrived, looked in the store and then waited. When AS didn't show up the cab driver called her and she answered. Thirteen minutes later AS still hadn't arrived. The cab driver called AS again but she didn't answer.

Total time = 43 minutes

She was wearing the black blouse with white polka dots and shorts with leggings when she left in the car and had the accident. Those clothes were later found in her apartment after it was discovered she was missing. So was the bag she packed along with all her identification. So they know she went back there at some time after the accident.

Do you recall the black sheer blouse with black bra? I know I read that somewhere.

Do you recall the black sheer blouse with black bra? I know I read that somewhere.

LE did say they couldn't say what she was wearing when she vanished as those clothes ^^^^^were found in her room, if I remember correctly, as I found it confusing they were even mentioned, unless they wanted to see if anyone had seen her walking after the crash. (In fact, that is why I think she changed, to avoid being identified and linked to the car.) JMO

I don't think that is what happened, is it? Am trying to figure it out. I thought he stayed around a while after he last spoke to her.

He did, 13 minutes until he called again but received no answer. After that, he left. Sounds logical that he'd leave at that point. Still, why was she late in the first place and why did she answer 30 minutes after she called for the cab saying she'd be there in a minute? If all true, whatever stopped her from showing up to meet the cab is the answer to her demise.

Adrienne first called for a cab at 4:23am. The cab guy said the nearest cab was 20 minutes away. That would have put him at AMPM at 4:43am. She sent BF a text at 4:47am saying I'm coming over. Then at 5:05am cabbie calls her. At 5:06am she calls cabbie saying she will be there in one minute (so we were told) and then at 5:07am cabbie calls and gets her voicemail (so we are told) and then cabbie leaves. Why didn't he call her again? He had spoken to her several times. He knew a young girl in distress was walking in the night to meet him. Why wouldn't he wait? Or maybe he drove down the street looking for her. JMO

According to the report I took notes from, the cab driver's last call to AS was at 5:06. That call went unanswered.

The cab driver called her the first time, after waiting awhile, at 4:53. She answered his first call.
The cab driver's final call was made at 5:06.

Now, whether or not all the times are correct, I'm not sure.

I just found another note (I scribble on post-it notes) where I saw a screen shot of the actual text from the actual phone that bf is holding in his hand. It reads "I'm coming overt" and the time is 4:43. Therefore, I don't know where 4:47 is coming from.

Forget it! There have been so many misquoted times in the last over two months! On the semi official timeline done here by mamacita she had 4:43 or 4:47 as the time adrienne last texted BF for the longest time. It doesn't matter anyway. :(

Miss D, Hold the phone. I am trying to figure out how to respond without violating TOS.

My gut tells me that the AMPM cab driver is innocent. I believe his story - and I believe the cops do as well. However, I think someone else was aware of her request for a cab, has a cab, and she got in it and perhaps she was never even headed for AMPM (not really important in my theory). This would go along with your timeline and theory that she got in A cab, just not the cab of the cab driver at the AMPM. This has always been my number 1 theory.

Can we all agree to call the cab driver 'cab driver' and the owner and webslueths member cab_guy? I don't know about you guys but that would help me tremendously.

Almost every stat I can find indicates that about 35-39% of female murder victims are killed by their partner; that leaves about 60% who are not. Of course these number must be based only on solved homicides, and unsolved homicides are listed as high as 35%-40%, which is pretty terrible. I imagine a lot of those cases have suspects or POI's but not enough evidence. JMO

Coming out of lurk mode. I am just at the beginning of this thread, but before I forget, from the last thread, this was posted

"GGE's catching those two young men (and that van scary) in the wash getting air lifted on july 21st only feet away from where A's body was found - it's still giving me the creeps (speaking of forced servitude)"

Can someone remember what this is about, or whereabouts I can read about it. Its nothing something I remember reading.

Thanks in advance..hopefully by the time I catch up, more will be known.
RIP Adrienne.

Wow, thanks for posting this and bringing it to our attention GGE and illdigya.
I know little about the desert. When I began reading about this case, I read a headline something like "body found in wash". I thought, what? washing machine?

That video really shows the power and intensity of the water especially combined with video of the rescue mission. Do people who live there realize the danger when these conditions arise? Are you fully aware of what could happen if driving around out there? Are conditions known ahead of time? I know when peeps are 19 they take risks but good golly. It doesn't happen too often so maybe young peeps aren't aware of the danger they're putting themselves in. What do locals think? Does storm watching make sense?

In the video there are little overturned structures. What's the purpose of those? Could a body that was placed in a structure stay preserved longer? I can't imagine the circumstances where a body left anywhere in the AZ desert would be anything but bones after almost two months time. Obviously the body washed along with the water to its final resting place but when exactly was it placed out there in the first place?

Herein is one of those uncanny circumstances I posted about previously.
Won't speculate or say anymore.

My husband who, for some reason, loves the desert (but the ocean more), said that the sand is like cement. The excessive, sudden water can't sink in which causes the water to form into a rolling river on the surface and in the previously carved out (by nature) trenched paths (I made that last part up). Okay I get it. Then he said that one would have to use a pick to dig a hole. Doing so would be very hard work. I'm not second guessing him but does this compute with locals? In other words, it would be very difficult to bury a body deep enough using man power alone.

Why didn't either of her roomates, or friends for that matter, know she crashed her vehicle after she came back? You can be on a online chat or group and even adults will post "Just got sideswiped", "Just got rear ended", "Hey, I ran into a ditch".........
She'll tell her roomates about her personal issues with BF, but a car wreck, that really wasn't bad, (2 blown tires and no other vehicle involved) she's going to keep to herself?
BUT, she'll tell the dispatch of the cab service or who ever answered the cab phone.......
We can use the excuse, hey, she was drinking and didn't want LE to find her trail, but geesh! Someone has an accident, flees the scene in a disabled vehicle, wouldn't cab services be notified to see if they had picked up someone in the general vicinity? LE didn't know she had called a cab, for all means and purposes, her car was found and LE thought she had come home and gone to BF's.........so what were they thinking as to how she got there?
But she'll keep the wreck from her BFF's but give the cab line the whole song and dance.
That doesn't sit with me.
Does that make sense to anyone else?

Why didn't either of her roomates, or friends for that matter, know she crashed her vehicle after she came back? You can be on a online chat or group and even adults will post "Just got sideswiped", "Just got rear ended", "Hey, I ran into a ditch".........
She'll tell her roomates about her personal issues with BF, but a car wreck, that really wasn't bad, (2 blown tires and no other vehicle involved) she's going to keep to herself?
BUT, she'll tell the dispatch of the cab service or who ever answered the cab phone.......
We can use the excuse, hey, she was drinking and didn't want LE to find her trail, but geesh! Someone has an accident, flees the scene in a disabled vehicle, wouldn't cab services be notified to see if they had picked up someone in the general vicinity? LE didn't know she had called a cab, for all means and purposes, her car was found and LE thought she had come home and gone to BF's.........so what were they thinking as to how she got there?
But she'll keep the wreck from her BFF's but give the cab line the whole song and dance.
That doesn't sit with me.
Does that make sense to anyone else?

I've been wondering this same thing since day one. When your 19 and wreck your car and have close friends you don't leave that part out. I just feel like maybe she never went home after the wreck or if she did it was alot later the the time we were all told. She could have gone back and everyone was sleeping and no one ever saw or heard her. This has never set right with me at all.

Random reminder: If you quote a post which has to be removed, your post is subject to removal, as well. It wouldn't make much sense for a mod/admin to remove a post but allow it to stand as a quoted post.

Posts which discuss thread moderation will be removed, too.

snip
Posting a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function, or email, staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.
Rules, Etiquette & Information

Wow, thanks for posting this and bringing it to our attention GGE and illdigya.
I know little about the desert. When I began reading about this case, I read a headline something like "body found in wash". I thought, what? washing machine?

That video really shows the power and intensity of the water especially combined with video of the rescue mission. Do people who live there realize the danger when these conditions arise? Are you fully aware of what could happen if driving around out there? Are conditions known ahead of time? I know when peeps are 19 they take risks but good golly. It doesn't happen too often so maybe young peeps aren't aware of the danger they're putting themselves in. What do locals think? Does storm watching make sense?

In the video there are little overturned structures. What's the purpose of those? Could a body that was placed in a structure stay preserved longer? I can't imagine the circumstances where a body left anywhere in the AZ desert would be anything but bones after almost two months time. Obviously the body washed along with the water to its final resting place but when exactly was it placed out there in the first place?

Herein is one of those uncanny circumstances I posted about previously.
Won't speculate or say anymore.

My husband who, for some reason, loves the desert (but the ocean more), said that the sand is like cement. The excessive, sudden water can't sink in which causes the water to form into a rolling river on the surface and in the previously carved out (by nature) trenched paths (I made that last part up). Okay I get it. Then he said that one would have to use a pick to dig a hole. Doing so would be very hard work. I'm not second guessing him but does this compute with locals? In other words, it would be very difficult to bury a body deep enough using man power alone.

BBM
Washes will be the easiest place to dig because they can go down several feet before hitting a rock bed. Flash floods, regular floods, that go down those washes carry the dirt, silt and sand. The sand is a result of rocks that have gradually busted up on their way down the wash over the years, and sand is lighter then rocks.
If you took a cross section of a wash, you'd find silt, sand, pea gravel, and then rocks gradually going from small to large, then your granite, sandstone, or lava slabs, and/or caliche (extremely dense clay) and last, the bedrock.
That whole area was the by product of volcanoes, so unless you hit a pocket of topsoil, the washes are the easiest digging place.
They are also the place you would dig to catch water if you were stranded in the desert. Dig as deep as you can, put a container in the bottom of the hole, place plastic over the top of the hole, with a small rock in the center. As the day heats up, humidity will collect on the underside of the plastic, roll to the center where the rock is and drip into the container.
Now none of you have excuse to die of thirst if you're lost in the desert!:floorlaugh: There's always barrel cactus', but that's a last resort.

I've been wondering this same thing since day one. When your 19 and wreck your car and have close friends you don't leave that part out. I just feel like maybe she never went home after the wreck or if she did it was alot later the the time we were all told. She could have gone back and everyone was sleeping and no one ever saw or heard her. This has never set right with me at all.

Oh, I'd be waking people up if they were asleep! I'd be dragging people out to their vehicles telling them we have to get my vehicle home! Heck, I'd be tryin to find a spare that would line up with my lug bolt configuration!

Wouldn't you think she'd be EXTREMELY shook up? Drunk or not, that's a "HOLY CARP!!!!!" moment! I'd be talking a blue streak!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back