AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm going off of the address given by MSM and i know that they said O'Reillys (i just assumed this was an old google shot and Checker had been bought out or something), but is there a different O'Reillys?

just had a thought.. there IS that bus stop, but one there would take her WEST.. wouldn't she need an EAST bound bus to get to the BFs?

The thing with the buses here is that there probably isn't one that goes directly to the BF's from that location. She would have probably had to go to the main terminal, and then transfer to another bus. Yes, probably she would have had to go west first. But then I'm really not sure. I want to check out if there is a bench in front of O'Reilly's.

i'd really like to know what times the bus stops at that stop. maybe we can see when it last passed by and when the next stop would have been after the woman on video and the sedan were seen. i'm not familiar with AZ's bus system.. what's it called? anyone know if the bus schedule is on their website?

In Tempe it's called: First Transit

The thing with the buses here is that there probably isn't one that goes directly to the BF's from that location. She would have probably had to go to the main terminal, and then transfer to another bus. Yes, probably she would have had to go west first. But then I'm really not sure. I want to check out if there is a bench in front of O'Reilly's.

the article i saw (it's on my timeline) said the auto parts store at 1002 W. University Drive.

Thanks Mama! I have some stuff I need to do or I would help you more. Thanks again for all the hard work you have put into Adrienne's case.

:)

ok, I haven't been reading along so sorry for the fact that what I'm saying has probably already been said.

The BF said they argued because he wasn't paying enough attention to her, then they left and went to his house, then left his house and came back and she got out and started walking when they were getting close to her place.

And then he saw she left her cellphone on his passenger seat so he got out and gave it to her.

And then he called her roommate (Flores) on his own cellphone to ask her to meet Adrienne, who was walking alone. So her roommate left the apartment on her bicycle to go meet Adrienne but didn't find her. Then when the roommate returned to the apartment, Adrienne was there and they talked outside on the grass and then Adrienne went inside and Flores never saw her again (she did not see Adrienne leave, she said).

So I've been accused of still acting, thinking, and feeling like a teenager plenty and I surely am female as heck so lemme just say, a few things about this speak to me.

What they SAY could be totally wrong of course.

But it seems to ME (therefore, IMHO) that Adrienne wasn't mad he wasn't giving her enough attention... she was mad he wasn't giving her AS MUCH ATTENTION AS HE WAS GIVING "SOMEONE ELSE".

Then she felt she had to leave the apartment with him, so it seems that "someone else" was in the apartment.

Then they started to drive back to the apartment and she became SO upset she actually got out of the car and walked. And didn't even remember her cellphone, she was so mad.

And what's he do? Call "someone else" who is at the apartment. So, first he (may very well have) payed too much attention to "someone else" at the apartment. Then when he couldn't control Adrienne he DEFINITELY called "someone else" at the apartment to warn them/let them know she was on her way back. Who would that be... like, maybe the object of his attention earlier?

So then I ask myself, well, who was the person he called? And, was everything that person has told LE and media consistent with what more impartial observers have said?

If not, why might that be?

I'm not accusing anyone of anything but it sounds to me like Adrienne might have THOUGHT her BF and her roommate were fooling around and was freakin' LIVID about it, so much that she wouldn't even stick around the apartment after her wreck, she just GTFO of there.

KWIM, jellybean?

IMHOetc

(ETA - my details above were gotten from this link - http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...linas-left-home-after-argument-with-boyfriend )

GGE, two nights ago I couldn't sleep for thinking about your possible scenario. ;)

now lemme give an alternative IMHO pretend scenario.

THIS IS JUST IMHO.

maybe something happened at "SOMEONE's" house and SOMEONE called the roommate for some other reason after it happened, like to say for everyone to get their stories aligned and FB's cleaned up because something went down.

Maybe that someone then spent awhile trying to figure out what to do to cover things up and went all out, stealing her car and crashing it and ditching it as one cover up (or asking someone else at that location to do it), then calling a cab company later etc. before ditching her phone as a further attempt at hiding whatever happened.

I mean, occam's razor IMHO fits this scenario the best really.

(edit - the catch is, a female has to be in on it with SOMEONE because SOMEONE would have to bring the phone to a female in my IMAGINARY SCENARIO ABOVE so she could call the cab so the cabbie would be able to say it was a female. Hello, accomplice.)

I do not see how it matters WHY she was mad or why she left the apartment again, unless one thinks that she was abducted/possibly killed by a roommate? IMO we know her state of mind probably was not great, due to her actions. If her friends and/or roommates did not "take" her or harm her, I can't really see that it matters much what they say about that evening. JMO

I do not see how it matters WHY she was mad or why she left the apartment again, unless one thinks that she was abducted/possibly killed by a roommate? IMO we know her state of mind probably was not great, due to her actions. If her friends and/or roommates did not "take" her or harm her, I can't really see that it matters much what they say about that evening. JMO

IMO, the fact we don't know for certain if it was a stranger abduction versus someone she knew is the reason why her state of mind or other circumstances MIGHT be relevant.

Here's another thing that has been bugging me (sort of goes along with your theory, GGE). She has bf take her home. She is there for a VERY short period of time (minutes?) and decides to go back to bf's. huh? And goes to great lengths to get there. Great dangerous lengths! Doesn't make sense to me. It seems she didn't want to be at that apartment once she got there. Another thought- maybe after calling the cab and while walking there- she decided to go somewhere else. Maybe to another friends house or to her parents home. And that why her route (if that's her at OReillys) was not the direction she would go to get to bf's house. All speculation on my part.

from google maps it looks like there is a bus stop on university, right in front of O'Reillys... maybe she walked up to see what time the next stop might be at that stop? i know some stops have their schedule posted. maybe she figured it could be cheaper to bus it. maybe she wasn't sure exactly where the stop was, so she walked on that side of the building in case it was a little further down University.

JMO. one of a bazillion possibilities.

There's also a bus stop (and one not long after down ash) around the area where she wrecked. I also thought the bus stop might play a role here (who knows what, but it could in some way maybe?)

Do the buses run up to Scottsdale or only stay within Tempe?

Here's another thing that has been bugging me (sort of goes along with your theory, GGE). She has bf take her home. She is there for a VERY short period of time (minutes?) and decides to go back to bf's. huh? And goes to great lengths to get there. Great dangerous lengths! Doesn't make sense to me. It seems she didn't want to be at that apartment once she got there. Another thought- maybe after calling the cab and while walking there- she decided to go somewhere else. Maybe to another friends house or to her parents home. And that why her route (if that's her at OReillys) was not the direction she would go to get to bf's house. All speculation on my part.

Yeah maybe last minute after not hearing from him after her wreck and possibly being upset he wasn't there to help/answer the phone she could have sought out a revenge hook up (other guy she wanted to go to instead? Maybe she was mad and thought the bf wasn't answering bc he was with another female. She decided well if he's gonna cheat, I can cheat, too! )

I think she didn't need the cab anymore as she wasn't going to the BF's and changed her plan after she texted she was "coming over" IMO

(Probably didn't want to meet him in fear that he might make her pay some sort of fare for his wait on decided to just blow him off?)

One of the things that muddies up all other theories as to where her final destination was in her mind is that text she sent at 4:47 to her BF saying "I'm coming over."

Provided it was her who sent it. IMHO

Sorry I'm getting on the maps again in a second. Had an emergency to take care of. :(

Back on now.

I think it's perfectly reasonable - and probably likely - to assume that her boyfriend may have been giving someone some attention that she didn't like very much. Or, she walked in on him and someone else. Or, in her state of mind, she perceived something that wasn't really occurring yet flew off the handle. Could've been her roommate - could've been someone else at the party. As a man who remembers the exploits of young college aged girls, and their vivid imaginations and jealous tendencies, these scenarios make sense.

If it was a roommate, then it is perfectly feasible that Adrienne become enraged and not want to be there. So she leaves. To go catch a cab. To go back to her boyfriend's place for some reason or another. She calls and texts, but he doesn't answer. I wonder if someone else called or texted him when she left to warn him, and he did answer.

Since he has officially been cleared, I suppose police have already checked out these kinds of possibilities. On the other hand, it could have been someone at the apartment who was 'macking' on him that got angry and/or jealous that she was going back to his place.

Just seems to me that these kinds of things would be easy to figure out and/or rule out, since there was 40+ people at the party. It's hard to keep that kind of a secret or organize a conspiracy and/or coverup - especially amongst young, naive, 'buzzed' people, and where I'm sure LE has buckled down hard on certain folks to ensure they were telling the truth.

IMO if anything is apparent, it is that she fully intended to get back over to BF's house again that night. Unless one is assuming someone called his phone eleven times, etc. to say she was on the way.
It is getting too complicated for me, all of these scenarios about buses, other men, her roomies did it, etc.
IMO she was abducted by either a cab driver or some other night prowler, just like Mickey. She was in the most vulnerable state possible.

JMO obviously

I never would've posted these imaginary scenarios today if it hadn't been for my hinkometer suddenly perking up today when reading:

"Arteaga says he also got out of the car to give Salinas her cell phone that she had left on the passenger seat of the car.

Arteaga then showed officers his phone records showing that he made a call shortly afterwards to one of Salinas’ roommates to tell them she was walking home.

The roommate, R. Flores, told officers she went looking for Salinas on her bike but didn’t find her. "

( http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...e-after-argument-with-boyfriend#ixzz2ZcZ7YQwN )

Something about all this just bugs me but as Tonto said, LE obviously has decided it's all good on that end so it must just be something else that has me all ... gut-bothered.

IMHO...I don't think any of us have hit on the exact theory of what happened to Adrienne that night. I think it's still out there. I think we're still missing it. I think it's something we simply haven't stumbled upon. And I think we need to keep brainstorming. Every idea is important, every thought leads us closer to perhaps what may have actually happened. Good sleuthing WSers!

:)

I too am of the opinion that she was abducted due to oppurtunity. I don't know if it was someone she knew or a complete stranger. I guess it might not even matter where exactly she was when she was taken. If LE has gotten all CCTV footage from the area then it would only matter if something might have been caught on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammyC37