AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has not cleared the cabbie. In fact, they will no longer discuss him.

Actually I think it's a valid theory (her hopping into another cab while walking). I've been thinking that too. And especially since LE cleared the cabbie. It's pretty certain that she got into someone's car, right? I mean, what else could have happened? It must have been a car that took her. It wasn't a street mugging right there, she would have been found by now. She must have gotten into someone's car.

To my knowledge the cabbie has 'not' been 'cleared'. He is just not considered a 'suspect' 'at this time'.

;)

As for her hopping in another cab - yes - it's a possibility. But why would she call the other cab at 5:07-ish if she'd already done that and say she'll 'be there in a minute'?

It's the very last call...the one where she says "Be there in a minute." that blows all other cab theories. If another cab had come earlier she wouldn't have made that call.

It's the very last call...the one where she says "Be there in a minute." that blows all other cab theories. If another cab had come earlier she wouldn't have made that call.

Exactly. And there's literally 1 minute that another cab could've come and scooped her up since that is the time between when she purportedly called and when her phone went dead. All of this happening, of course, within earshot and probably eyeshot of the AMPM. And within a ten second walk*.

*Going on the assumption that AS is the girl in the video, which I believe it is and I believe that LE believes it is.

ya know, we have very very open ended window tint laws in az. how much can a backseat of a car/sedan whatever be seen thru a surveillance cam vs the driver window or rear window? drivers windows, MUST be legally untinted to a certain percentage, and front window. but back? and back/side windows? total limo'd out, black. and so....

Ok, apologies, you are correct, the cabbie was not cleared. But he's not a suspect, and he is seen on surveillance camera at the AMPM at the time he said he was there waiting for her.

I can't find that article where I remember reading other times for the initial call from her.

So back to the ominous 20 minutes gap ... ??? I can see why you're all so agitated ...

As for her hopping in another cab - yes - it's a possibility. But why would she call the other cab at 5:07-ish if she'd already done that and say she'll 'be there in a minute'?

But we really don't know if that is what she said, right? There's no recordings, right? (And actually, I'm in full agreement with you Tonto on your theories).
If someone else was using her phone and made a call, the records would show the call but no one would know what was said.
Everyone knows that nowadays, voicemails, cell phone tower pings, texts, and surveillance footage can get you into a lot of trouble if you're doing something nefarious. But the reverse can be true---they can be tools to prove supposed "innocence" and "alibis" of sorts.

And it doesn't take a lot of brains to do it. Nope.

There's a significant gap in the timeline before that last supposed call and that's what I'm afraid of for AS's sake.

But we really don't know if that is what she said, right? There's no recordings, right? (And actually, I'm in full agreement with you Tonto on your theories).
If someone else was using her phone and made a call, the records would show the call but no one would know what was said.
Everyone knows that nowadays, voicemails, cell phone tower pings, texts, and surveillance footage can get you into a lot of trouble if you're doing something nefarious. But the reverse can be true---they can be tools to prove supposed "innocence" and "alibis" of sorts.

There's a significant gap in the timeline before that last supposed call and that's what I'm afraid of for AS's sake.

Absolutely. I don't take the accounts we have as gospel. I was actually poking holes in the theory using a similar line of reasoning as you are here. If anything, it potentially implicates someone else even more, if you naw'm sayin'. And yes, that timeline is going to end up burning someone. Hopefully soon. ;)

As for the pings, I don't think they're going to help out at all as far as what happened in that general area and timeframe. Both Adrienne and this other cat were probably pinging off the same tower. Since her phone was cut off, it is unlikely any further pings would help either, unless the perp didn't turn his phone off and that ping data is readily available to police. If he was smart enough to turn off her phone, I have a feeling he was smart enough to turn off his. :(

It's true. We don't know what was said on those calls between her and the cab. And if he really was 20 mins later than he said he would be- why wasn't she standing there waiting for him at the AMPM? It was the middle of the night. Seems like she would have been ther and waiting. So if I am right- other than the text to the bf at 4:43 and the phone calls at 5:05,5:06 - we don't know what really happened between 4:23 and 5:07.

I have been afraid for her since hearing she vanished. I just do not see a realistic scenario in which she is okay/coming home, very sorry to say.

It's true. We don't know what was said on those calls between her and the cab. And if he really was 20 mins later than he said he would be- why wasn't she standing there waiting for him at the AMPM? It was the middle of the night. Seems like she would have been ther and waiting. So if I am right- other than the text to the bf at 4:43 and the phone calls at 5:05,5:06 - we don't know what really happened between 4:23 and 5:07.

I would put that timeframe between 4:46-ish and 5:07-ish, as I believe strongly that was AS on the OReilly camera.

right......the text and phone call could've been done by anyone.

:seeya:
Hey guys it's me again. I'm sorry to have to rain on the parade, but.. We do not allow posting in riddles. It is seen as an attempt to circumvent the rules and it makes other posters feel confused and left out. KWIM? So if you aren't allowed to post about it, don't go around the rules to try to say it. For any questions PM a mod.
TIA

What is the correct established last seen time for Adrienne?

I am going to give you my opinion only on Adrienne asking to be picked up at the AMPM. If there is any validity to the cab company's claim.

If we consider the last seen report time of ? and the location of Brown and Roosevelt where her car was found...it leads me to guess it's possible she went back to her car for some reason.

Tempe police spokesman Mike Pooley said Adrienne was last seen near Brown and Roosevelt Streets around 5 a.m. Saturday morning.
Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-missing-woman-Adrienne-Salinas#ixzz2Zpm3z0D4

or....

Adrienne Salinas who was last seen on Saturday, June 15, 2013 in the area of Brown Street and Roosevelt Street in Tempe at 4:30 AM

http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=31&recordid=1579

One more thing IMO speaking as a cab owner/driver... It is very unusual for someone to request to be picked up at a place other than their residence/place of entertainment. This has also bothered me because I can not remember 1 time someone has requested to be picked up at convenience store, they do ask to stop at the convenience store often enough for cigs, use atm, buy beer, etc... But, it could happen, when people are drinking everything is random. This also leads me to suspect it is more likely she had walked back to the car for something and not knowing the address of where the car was, and trying to save time she might request pickup at the next closest location because she doesnt plan on returning to the apartment.

Hope this makes a little sense. I am just real curious as to the exact "last seen time" and who saw her or was it a phone ping?

jmo

I am wondering, did LE release that police report or did media obtain it by request? I know an article said "released" but wondering if they actually sent it to media, unsolicited.
If they released it, I am kind of wondering why. They did not ask for help in identifying either the person or the car.

Ok. I would agree with that. So 25 minutes.

Yep. And don't forget the dark four door car that was seen pulling in OReilly's at 4:48-ish. If that was the car that got Adrienne, which police seem to be leaning that way with their releasing that info, then why - and I should also say "how" - did she make that phone call at 5:07 saying she would 'be there in a minute'? If it was another cab, or someone she knew, there would likely be no reason to do that as she would be on her way, no? It is unlikely she talked to whomever was in that car from 4:48 to 5:07, and even if she did police would likely have some sort of evidence of this (video perhaps?). Also don't forget that she was within earshot and probably eyeshot of AMPM, and within a 10-15 second walk.

Exactly. And there's literally 1 minute that another cab could've come and scooped her up since that is the time between when she purportedly called and when her phone went dead. All of this happening, of course, within earshot and probably eyeshot of the AMPM. And within a ten second walk*.

*Going on the assumption that AS is the girl in the video, which I believe it is and I believe that LE believes it is.

Just to note, do not know if you have seen it reported.
It has been said, that Adrienne's father does not believe it is Adrienne on the video.

It might take me few to find a link.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members