Found Alive AZ - Alicia Navarro, 14, autistic, Glendale, 16 Sep 2019 *found in 2023* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There have been no charges, State or Federal, filed against the perp for crimes involving AN.
So frustrating, but at least he won’t get out of prison for a while. What a nightmare for AN and her family. It will probably take years for her to recover.

I still can’t believe some people thought AM wasn’t a victim.

So frustrating, but at least he won’t get out of prison for a while. What a nightmare for AN and her family. It will probably take years for her to recover.

I still can’t believe some people thought AM wasn’t a victim.
JMO I think that in order for charges to be laid, the burden would've fallen on ANs shoulders to disclose whatever went on. Victims have rights, up to and including whether they want to press charges or not. Whatever AN chooses is her choice and at the end of the day, I just wish them well and all the best for the future.

Perhaps there should be a new thread for updates on ED that is separate from ANs name? JMO.

I don't know that a victim who is a minor can just decide not to press charges, and the abuser gets away with it. But she could choose whether to cooperate, and maybe they are respecting her need to heal right now and looking for other ways to keep him locked-up. All IMO only.

I don't know that a victim who is a minor can just decide not to press charges, and the abuser gets away with it. But she could choose whether to cooperate, and maybe they are respecting her need to heal right now and looking for other ways to keep him locked-up. All IMO only.
Yes I thought twice after my post but couldn't edit it! Sometimes things are beyond the control of the victim where LE have the authority/obligation to press charges regardless. I am not sure of the details surrounding why LE have not investigated it further to know if ED was involved in luring or abducting AN. I am sure it has a lot to do with the circumstances and victims rights as well. JMO.

I think this becomes a much more complicated question in this case because the victim is an adult now who has more solidified rights now. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu
Back