Identified! AZ - Avondale, BlkMale 15-20, UP101055, fatally shot by police, Left Earlobe Piercing, Multi-color Crocs, Feb'23 - Amarion Deontis Hope

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why did officers shoot him? Did he flee? I really wish they'd stop shooting people who flee who aren't 100% suspected of kidnapping or homicide etc because this is SO out of hand as an issue imo. I feel horrible for this kid.

Wearing 3 pairs of pants makes me wonder if he was homeless.

He resisted, knocked the officer to the ground, and tried to grab the officer’s gun. He then starting fleeing. The officer saw something in his waistband. Turns out he had 3 knives on him. Simply tragic all the way around.

Ma'am, they shot someone's child and they didn't know who he was... I foremost wish he was okay. This is devastating.

You are right. I made an assumption about why they shot him (that unfortunately they didn't have a choice), and I don't even know why I made that assumption. His life was precious, but for some reason I had the thought that hopefully no one else was harmed in whatever took place.
Hence what I wrote, but I should not have made any assumptions. It could be he's a completely innocent victim.

AVONDALE, Ariz. - Police have released new information in connection to a shooting in Avondale that left a shoplifting suspect dead.

Avondale Police say they responded to reports of shoplifting at a Family Dollar store near Dysart Road and Riley Drive at about 12:30 p.m. on Feb. 21.

The suspect, described as a black man who was wearing green and riding a purple bicycle, had allegedly shoplifted from the same store earlier in the day.

An officer later found a person matching the suspect's description at the Agua Fria River bottom near 10th Street and Riley Drive.

"As the officer approached the male, the male was observed to have a possible sharp tool on his waistband which later turned out to be one of three knives in the male’s possession," police said.

As the officer began placing the man in handcuffs, police say the suspect resisted, and a struggle ensued between him and the officer. The suspect reportedly choked the officer, who was on the ground, and tried to reach for the officer's holstered gun.

Police say the officer got back up to his feet, and the suspect again tried choking him. The officer then pulled out his gun and shot the suspect.

The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

You are right. I made an assumption about why they shot him (that unfortunately they didn't have a choice), and I don't even know why I made that assumption. His life was precious, but for some reason I had the thought that hopefully no one else was harmed in whatever took place.
Hence what I wrote, but I should not have made any assumptions. It could be he's a completely innocent victim.
I agree. I feel like he felt threatened by the police presence. He was so young. I really wish police didn’t have to gun down even people who try to stab them, shoot them, what have you. Especially teenagers. Makes me wonder how this boy’s life was. It seems like he didn’t have the greatest home life. He may have tried to hurt them, yes, but he was still one of us. He breathed the same air we do. He bled the same blood we do. He had friends. He had a family. He had a life.

He was blessed with the gift of life, only for his life to be cut so short. It could be the police started something and he had knives on him for self defense, and the police were shooting him down for no reason.

I support the police but come on! He was a child! Why do police feel the need to gun down a TEENAGE BOY?!?!

Why did officers shoot him? Did he flee? I really wish they'd stop shooting people who flee who aren't 100% suspected of kidnapping or homicide etc because this is SO out of hand as an issue imo. I feel horrible for this kid.

Wearing 3 pairs of pants makes me wonder if he was homeless.
they say he resisted arrest and was getting the best of the officer, and was choking him "and went for his weapon" HOWEVER was shot as he prepared to flee. so make of that what you will. ITA w all of what you said, he shoplifted. he wa prob homeless.

How much could you steal from a Family Dollar Store to make this excusable?
thank you, he was killed for shoplifting. i feel that waiting to approach the suspect when he surfaced in a controllable area (a parking lot, rather than a riverbottom w uneven ground, obstructed view from public or other witnesses, and vegetation) to address this would have been a better choice.

eh im more for ID than keeping privacy at this point. its been months. who knows why.
Wholeheartedly agree with you. That’s also why it pisses me off when the name of a former Doe is withheld not by family’s request. I completely understand the family reason. I don’t like it, but I understand it. I understand hiding faces to protect minors but in this case just show his face so we can identify him!

I don't watch video of people being killed. Is it evident to anyone watching that the decedent chokes the cop and goes for his gun?
No, I saw no choke happening whatsoever. I think that the officer is trying to justify shooting a teenage boy for a crime as minor as stealing something from Family Dollar. I know a crime is a crime but shoplifting is quite minor on the grand scale of crimes and I’m not excusing the decedent if he did in fact shoplift, but I am quite sure he was homeless, maybe a runaway or a high school/college dropout. He looks like he had a hard life. He was just using his last resort, only for it being his demise. I have watched YT videos which cover this case.

The comments are outrageous. All of them are treating the decedent like he did one of the most disgusting and heinous crimes known to mankind and praising the officer for shooting him 5 times over a stupid confrontation that should have never happened. They say that they’re glad he’s dead, a few comments saying crap like “he’s here illegally from Africa” what? Why would they say that? Last time I checked there aren’t really any “illegal immigrants from Africa”, they’re 99.99% from the Americas with a few other nationalities sprinkled in. I think they said that just to racially profile him.

I’m glad here people see the other side of the story. I did not see the decedent choke the officer at all. Not even once. In fact I saw him struggling to get out while under the officer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back