AZ- Cottonwood: Baby in car seat dies after mother accidentally runs over

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

IceIce9

Verified EMT
Reaction score
A 13-month-old has died in Cottonwood after the mother called 911 stating she had run over her child Thursday, according to officials

Yavapai County Sheriff's Office officials say the mother had positioned her child, who was in a car seat, in an area she felt was safe while she went to maneuver the vehicle out of a tight space.

Not comparable I know, but one of my relatives lived in a duplex where they shared a driveway with their neighbor. The neighbor couple had a tiny baby in a baby seat, they set the baby seat with the baby strapped inside on top of their vehicle while they unlocked the doors and got inside.

They forgot the baby was on top of the car and drove away. When they turned the corner the baby carrier fell off and into the road, with the baby still strapped inside.

The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office was notified on Thursday by a woman who reported that she had accidentally run over her baby at their home in Cottonwood. DailyMail identified the victim as Cyra Rose Thoeming.

According to the sheriff’s office, the unidentified mother told deputies that she had parked her car in a gravel area near their residence. She had securely placed the child, who was in a car seat, in what she believed to be a safe position.

I have deleted my real thoughts... umm. Mind boggling.. mind is boggled

Not comparable I know, but one of my relatives lived in a duplex where they shared a driveway with their neighbor. The neighbor couple had a tiny baby in a baby seat, they set the baby seat with the baby strapped inside on top of their vehicle while they unlocked the doors and got inside.

They forgot the baby was on top of the car and drove away. When they turned the corner the baby carrier fell off and into the road, with the baby still strapped inside.
My cousin did something similar, I guess...She tried to put her baby in the trunk. She was under the influence of alcohol, tho.

I hope the baby was ok !

So sorry for this lady in this case.
Maybe there were extenuating circumstances ?
As placing the car seat with the baby in it seems less safe than just leaving the baby in the car within the car seat ?
Omo.

Rest in peace little one and my utmost condolences to the family !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap
Back