AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When people are describing his 'odd' behavior;

How sure are we that this is UNUSUAL BAHAVIOR FOR DANIEL - as in he has started doing things that seem 'odd' recently - a change in behavior

and not BEHAVIOUR THAT IS CONSIDERED UNUSUAL - as in Daniel has possibly always been a bit 'odd' - and it is standing out in hindsight in the context of his disapearance?

Daniel Robinson: Buckeye police help with search for missing geologist

A newer article by News Nation Now

On Thursday, NewsNation heard from police in Buckeye, who say they have swabbed Daniel’s car, including DNA and fingerprinting, and they’ve even extracted some data from his phone.

Investigators also used a robot-equipped camera Thursday to search two mine shafts in the area. Still, there’s no sign of Robinson. He was last seen leaving his work site in a western suburb of Phoenix on June 23.

….

The Robinson family hired Jeff McGrath, of 3Laws Recon Investigations, to look into the case.

“I haven’t turned up anything new as of today,” McGrath said on NewsNation Prime on Thursday. “There are some leads I’m going to follow in the next weekend and coming week. But at this point, I don’t have anything as pointing me to Daniel, whether he perished or he’s alive. It’s still a mystery.”

He’s concerned about a tip regarding cartel activity in the Arizona desert.

“I’m concerned that either Daniel stumbled across the wrong person or the wrong person stumbled across Daniel,” McGrath said. “That’s that’s my concern. That’s kind of the avenue I’m going right now.”

I hope Jeff finds something, he seems to be David's best hope right now. BPD handed over all the evidence in the case, but is now conducting searches?
Color me confused ...

I’m confused as well. One of last night’s articles shared a statement from Daniel’s father saying BPD hasn’t shared any details with them. (This was after the article stating BPD handed over all their findings to them)

Father of missing SC man says Petito case renewed interest in son’s case

Oct 1

David Robinson, Daniel’s father, said he’s made it his mission to find his son after the way the Buckeye Police Department was handling the case upset him.

WIS spoke with David Friday and he said he’s appreciative that they’re doing more now.

David said that he’s expecting a lot of volunteers for their search Saturday.

“We had over 2,000 show up for the last one. I’m grateful,” said David. “We expect at least 1,000 tomorrow, and we’ll prepare for that.”

Daniel was acting very strangely, both relative to how most people act and according to people close to him, strangely compared to his typical behavior. His final known act is very strange. Just taking off from work into the desert after talking nonsense to someone he just met on the job.

That he then disappears makes me feel like foul play would be a huge surprise given that he seemed headed down an odd path at this time. More expert evaluation of the crash data would be great, of course. But to me it seems the most likely thing is that he crashed the vehicle while driving aimlessly, then in an effort to get it unstuck from somewhere he turned it on several times and spun the wheels a lot, thereby putting mileage on the car without going anywhere. Of course he may have crashed and just drove around afterwards in a haze and/or looking for help. I wonder if the heat prompted him to remove his clothing.

I'm wary of the PI in a case like this since he has a financial interest in appearing to offer completely different information than law enforcement. Parents are rightfully frustrated with the inability to find out where their son is and may find it harder to accept that the son was in a bad state of mind and made some mistakes compared to the alternative scenario that a bad man took him away. Obviously if it was your child you would want to chase down every lead that might bring your child back safe and if not, leads that will bring justice to anyone who did them harm.

This one is trash IMO. They are reading from inaccurate reporting and also drawing conclusions from 2 yr old goggle map images and their own internet look ups. For example they "inform" the audience that "drilling' is used to extract gas and oil from the ground, forgetting all about water that they previously mentioned as work a hydrologist would do. Also (from erroneous reporting weeks ago) they state Daniel has an Archeology Degree. He has a Geology degree. His sister Davie has the Archeology degree. I could literal spend the next 20 minutes breaking it down. The shade they throw at Ken Elliot is purely for theater. Do they really think Buckeye didn't do due diligence on him? Anything and everybody all in for a "click" bait.
I’m inclined to agree with you, however it’s because of this episode was how I became interested in it. They are at least putting a spotlight on it. On the other hand, they jumped on the Gabby bandwagon as well. TC generally don’t do current cases as information is usually erroneous. Not sure how I feel about that lol. They’re not my favorite, not a common listener. A little to well produced for my palate anyway.

This 24-year-old geologist from SC went missing in Arizona in June. His dad won't give up searching.

Article from today, Oct 02
Daniel Robinson, a geologist, was last seen June 23 leaving a desert worksite just west of Phoenix.

Daniel’s father, David, said he will not go back to Columbia until he finds his son.

Buckeye Police Department is helping, using robotic equipment to search two shafts in the desert, including one that is more than 75 feet deep.

They're looking in areas where a K9 from a volunteer search group alerted.

David thinks his son is still alive and wants the public to keep the pressure on law enforcement.

There is a $10,000 reward for information that brings Daniel home.

using robotic equipment to search two shafts in the desert, including one that is more than 75 feet deep

I wonder how certain they are about the results of this search. They didn't see anything, so he's almost certainly not there? Or "probably" not / is there still a chance? How clear of a "picture" of what's down there can they actually get?

I wonder how certain they are about the results of this search. They didn't see anything, so he's almost certainly not there? Or "probably" not / is there still a chance? How clear of a "picture" of what's down there can they actually get?
Just wanted to note something about this effort from personal observation. I examined the 3 wells in the immediate area (near the wreck site). I do not know if these are the wells discussed in the article but IMO, I think they are. All where covered by heavy railroad ties and/or huge equipment tires, with little open space for access. None appeared disturbed to me i.e. no drag marks in the sand, no unweathered wood exposed from shifting/replacing, etc. I was able to shine a light down one and it appeared to be a dry well. I'm no expert but IMO this was an effort to satisfy the Robinson's, but was an extremely long shot to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3