AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Human remains do not belong to missing Buckeye man, police say

Police confirmed that human remains found by investigators do not belong to missing Buckeye resident Daniel Robinson, who was last seen in late June. His Jeep was found abandoned in a ravine mid-July.

The AZ Central report is inaccurate in that Daniel lived in Tempe. He was working in Buckeye at a well site and the vehicle was found on property in buckeye PD jurisdiction.

Please note for those following this thread. Buckeye PD determined the "5 or 6" bones quoted in Sharon and David's updates on the pleasehelpfinddaniel.com website are inaccurate. All bones found (other than the skull) have been determined to be animal in nature.

I jumped to the last page to see if any updates. Going back to the beginning. So many missing cases and we probably know just the tip of the iceberg of information on these lost people. IMO

Hoping for answers

Interesting, scary and sad. Who knoze what happened? Someone does, I'm thinking.
Daniel could've been hit while on his bike, and was badly wounded or killed; the driver panicked, took both the bike and Daniel, and hid the bike one place and buried/hid Daniel somewhere else. Has LE or anyone seen his bike? If so, nix my first idea. Foul play, or did Daniel get lost or badly hurt, etc., etc., etc.
And bless his father who must love him very, very much.

Thanks for the thread, @weepingangel.

All the info I'm seeing says his Jeep was found. I've seen nothing about a bike.

Daniel Robinson was last seen the morning of June 23, 2021 leaving his worksite in Buckeye, AZ. He was driving his 2017 blue/grey Jeep Renegade and is believed to have headed west into desert terrain. On Tuesday, July 20, 2021, Daniel's vehicle was found four miles from the worksite in a romote part of the desert. The vehicle was recovered, Daniel was not found.

Well, oops on the biking idea..:oops:...:rolleyes:...:confused:

Still SMH on this -- something happened to this promising young man. His dad must be frantic.

All the info I'm seeing says his Jeep was found. I've seen nothing about a bike.

Daniel Robinson was last seen the morning of June 23, 2021 leaving his worksite in Buckeye, AZ. He was driving his 2017 blue/grey Jeep Renegade and is believed to have headed west into desert terrain. On Tuesday, July 20, 2021, Daniel's vehicle was found four miles from the worksite in a romote part of the desert. The vehicle was recovered, Daniel was not found.
@Gemmie no bike! @borndem addressed her “oops” in the post also quoted above. :D
:)

*hangs my head in shame for commenting before reading an entire thread* :oops: (I know better)

*apologizes to @borndem for my faux pas. :)

Apologizes for four paws???

Oh, I get it, I live in Ozarkistan & hope you are Laughing, too!

Can you share that clam dip BTW?

No disrespect for Mr. Robinson, his family, LE, or the searchers, quite the opposite. Sometimes kidding around with other posters is helpful on a thread like this!

This story is bananas.

Who is Daniel's employer? And why are they & their insurer not more involved in this case? Their employee disappeared from a job site!

But, IIRC that employee left the premises but was not scheduled to leave.

Chime in or add a link, please, if you can.

jmho ymmv lrr

Who is Daniel Robinson? After Gabby Petito, calls for missing geologist to be found

After human remains believed to be of missing travel vlogger Gabby Petito were found in the Wyoming park where search for her was ongoing, many on Twitter are now drawing attention toward another missing person's case - that of geologist Daniel Roboinson, who disappeared on June 23 in an Arizona desert and has not been found since.

Bring Daniel Robinson home'

After a body, possibly belonging to Petito, was found by authorities, the internet wanted the same importance paid to finding Robinson. "I'm shaking reading about the discovery of Gabby Petito's body in Wyoming. While we're watching this case unfold, please take 5 seconds to read about Daniel Robinson, a geologist who went missing in the desert outside Buckeye three months ago. His father is still looking for him," one of them said, while another noted, "#DanielRobinson been missing since June. He’s disappearance is as suspicious as Petito’s. Some evil force must be residing on those hiking trails."

But, IIRC that employee left the premises but was not scheduled to leave.

Chime in or add a link, please, if you can.

jmho ymmv lrr
Correct. Remote work site was left. His employer I know was involved with the ground searches and other attempts throughout.
As a former HR professional (Compensation and Benefits), workers compensation policy would cover if deemed to be deceased. He was technically still on the job despite him leaving of his own accord. The property owner has casualty insurance I would hope (they are one of the biggest development companies in Arizona) however what is unknown is if there is a body, or if so, where it is located. The vehicle was found by my estimation about 150 yards inside the property boundary. The area west is State land IIRC, but then other private parcels further west and also east of crash site.

Gabby Petito case sparks appeal over unsolved disappearance of Arizona man

Gabby Petito case draws attention to missing man Daniel Robinson

After authorities on Sunday announced that they may have found the remains of Gabby Petito in Wyoming, a viral tweet reminded the public to keep 24-year-old Daniel Robinson in mind ⁠— a geologist who went missing in the desert just outside of Buckeye a little over two months ago.

But that was not all: A petition made by the Robinson family was created two weeks ago with the intention of holding accountable the Buckeye Police Department, the investigative agency on the case.

The petition has garnered more than 8,000 signatures as of Monday afternoon.

Crews searching desert area for Phoenix man find somebody else's skull - KTAR.com

A human skull uncovered during the search for Daniel Robinson in a remote West Valley area is not of the missing Phoenix man, authorities said last week.

The skull was discovered on July 31 in the area south of where a rancher found Robinson’s vehicle wrecked in a ravine about two weeks earlier, the Buckeye Police Department said in a press release Thursday.

“It was later determined the remains do not belong to Daniel,” the release said.

Crews searching desert area for Phoenix man find somebody else's skull - KTAR.com

A human skull uncovered during the search for Daniel Robinson in a remote West Valley area is not of the missing Phoenix man, authorities said last week.

The skull was discovered on July 31 in the area south of where a rancher found Robinson’s vehicle wrecked in a ravine about two weeks earlier, the Buckeye Police Department said in a press release Thursday.

“It was later determined the remains do not belong to Daniel,” the release said.

The pics from Buckeye PD's Twitter in that article are interesting. It's clear to see clothing, but there is something else I can't make out to the northeast of the vehicle.

https://twitter.com/BuckeyeAZPD/status/1438703650587623425?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1438703650587623425|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://ktar.com/story/4690216/crews-searching-desert-area-for-phoenix-man-find-somebody-elses-skull/

E_dMJ8hUcAAofsV

Correct. Remote work site was left. His employer I know was involved with the ground searches and other attempts throughout.
As a former HR professional (Compensation and Benefits), workers compensation policy would cover if deemed to be deceased. He was technically still on the job despite him leaving of his own accord. The property owner has casualty insurance I would hope (they are one of the biggest development companies in Arizona) however what is unknown is if there is a body, or if so, where it is located. The vehicle was found by my estimation about 150 yards inside the property boundary. The area west is State land IIRC, but then other private parcels further west and also east of crash site.

Was Daniel supposed to be staying at the job site overnight? How long was he scheduled to remain there? Did he leave early before completing his work?

Was Daniel supposed to be staying at the job site overnight? How long was he scheduled to remain there? Did he leave early before completing his work?
If I remember correctly it had rained that morning and he left the site. I remembered thinking at the time he was "rained out" and decided to do some exploring. But apparently he was headed to another site. There are few on this thread that have actually gone out on the searches. They could probably give you a lot more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly