AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding the skull (and these latest remains) are fairly old. There are approximately 900+ missing person cases still open in AZ (in a quick scan from Tempe records, they have some dating the 1970-80s. I would assume that is the case state wide.)
Thank you @JJ Ray for clarification of recovery. Sometimes it would really help if
investigators and/or MSM simply used one word i.e., "aged" remains in their description.

Thanks again for all the updates and support on DR's case.

Good info, but migrants would not travel this section of desert.

Thanks for that. Since this is the 2nd time remains were found visibly by searchers I made a wrong assumption. Very sad either way.

why no public discussion of at least 3 possible sightings that I know of.

If only people would call LE on the spot if they think they see missing person.

Such quick action on the part of Buckeye by even accepting David Robinson report of a missing person within 12 hours does not match at all David Robinson very public criticism of Buckeye PD. I should be so lucky if I ever got lost on a hike to have me reported within 12 hours as missing.

This ^^^
Agree!

Well Search For Daniel Robinson Buckeye Az – Daniel Robinson seems to be back to it's original state for signing up for Saturday searches (except the sector map is not linked as that was being hosted by Matrix New World). As usual lots of conflicting info and starts and stops.

I have found out that Paul Adams, the Search Coordinator has resigned. Jeff McGrath will take over coordinator function with Evan Short remaining as logistics coordinator on Saturday's searches.

@JJ Ray I believe it was one of your posts that mentioned something about tips/leads and if they’ve been followed up on…
One of the things that stands out to me is Daniel’s father stating multiple times that he believed DR to be alive (and that would be the wanted outcome of course) but yet all of the searches are in the desert. If we are being honest, the chances DR is alive and well, still in the desert at this point is…well, we all know.
So are there tips that lead his father to believe DR to be alive or is it (understandably) a parent praying for a positive ending to this?

Thanks for that. Since this is the 2nd time remains were found visibly by searchers I made a wrong assumption. Very sad either way.
Agree...very sad. And it may well be the second remains belong to the first remains (no overlapping bone finds that I am aware of).
If only people would call LE on the spot if they think they see missing person.
In the case of Sedona, the info was not seen until AFTER the sighting by a week or two and was in response to a post I had made. In another instance I discussed with Det. Biffin, it again seems that Daniel's missing persons info jogged a persons memory of an encounter. The CA sighting McGrath mentioned I'm not sure about. The fact it wasn't followed up promptly with a trip would seem to indicate it wasn't perhaps that reliable.

@JJ Ray I believe it was one of your posts that mentioned something about tips/leads and if they’ve been followed up on…
One of the things that stands out to me is Daniel’s father stating multiple times that he believed DR to be alive (and that would be the wanted outcome of course) but yet all of the searches are in the desert. If we are being honest, the chances DR is alive and well, still in the desert at this point is…well, we all know.
So are there tips that lead his father to believe DR to be alive or is it (understandably) a parent praying for a positive ending to this?

The 64,000 question (and has been from the beginning)...short answer IMO he is playing both ends against the middle and at a minimum states what "plays" better to keep engagement/exposure high.

I have further opinions on the "maximum" level that I don't feel at this point are relevant to the pursuit of finding Daniel. But I can provide these thoughts and questions....

1) Yes on tips. There have been by my count 5 sighting tips (some based on second hand info but the individuals were privy to discussions of tips). The most recent California sighting McGrath mentions in last month's New Nation interview I have no info. One indicated to me by Buckeye PD was in state and in mid-late September. I tried to get confirmation from the store but was unsuccessful. One I know for certain occurred because it was in response to a post on FB that I made. It was in state and occurred in early August but was retrospective (had occurred previously to individual knowing Daniel was missing). I have no validation or info on further efforts by McGrath to validate other than he called the individual.

One occurred in early July, 2 weeks after the disappearance and before the vehicle was found. It was on Sun Valley Parkway, mid afternoon. I have no other info on follow-up. Lastly, I now have more details on a sighting that was on the day of the disappearance. A shooter was out there and said he encountered Daniel in Wagner Wash about 1:00pm or later, car undamaged. I believe this is why we were so concentrated on Wagner Wash the previous searches. IMO, the individual simply has his time wrong and I understand it was an estimation based on a stop he made earlier at Circle K and factoring in travel time. But it is only about 10-15 minutes max from Wagner around to the wreck site. Wreck time of air bag deployment 12:54pm.

I have no opinion on the veracity of any of these tips.

2) Mr. Robinson from the beginning has publicly stated his belief that his son would never "just disappear" or "intentionally do anything to harm himself". Even though it is quite clear that is what occurred. And by searching the desert it is an indication in my mind that he on some level accepts that view. And he clearly knows by now what the outcome will be. We found human remains. He was out there in the July and August heat. He served in Afghanistan.

3) Mr. Robinsons narrative has implied "a crime of some kind" and he continues to push to change this from a missing person to a criminal investigation to be able to do exactly what? Subpoena witnesses and ???. He can already look at his son's phone history, he has his personal computer for browser history, which another individual and I separately have informed him can be restored if deleted. He has all of his belongings from Daniel's Apartment. Siblings have had access to bank records and co-signed on other financial items. What more could possibly be revealed?

4) So is there some other information the family (heavily redacted in report of what transpired after Daniel sent his "i have an emergency" text to Davisha the day before) has uncovered that is not being shared with Buckeye PD to make the focus on desert searches? IDK.

5) Don't forget an attorney has been involved (from IMO mid July and that is where the contact with McGrath came from). An attorney has not been mentioned until recently in MSM.

I h0nestly don't know what is going on with "Team Robinson" and their extent of follow-up. I am not aware of sighting tips being discussed publicly except the CA tip indicated by McGrath.

...yes. if the belief DR is alive, and I hope he is, there should be more push to follow up & inform public on sightings.

Was the jeep canopy located? I don't see it in the crash photos, unless it was inside the jeep. Unless I'm missing it. Given his urgent need to get it back from K, I would think he'd have it with him for a full day testing at a well site. I don't fully understand how these mount but from photos online it looks like it is carried on the exterior and retracts from there? What I'm getting at is could he have been camped out somewhere after he left the well and the canopy didn't make it to the crash site.

I figured it was something carried on the exterior, and it was put in K's garage so it wouldn't get stolen while he parked outside her house.

Was the jeep canopy located? I don't see it in the crash photos, unless it was inside the jeep. Unless I'm missing it. Given his urgent need to get it back from K, I would think he'd have it with him for a full day testing at a well site. I don't fully understand how these mount but from photos online it looks like it is carried on the exterior and retracts from there? What I'm getting at is could he have been camped out somewhere after he left the well and the canopy didn't make it to the crash site.

I figured it was something carried on the exterior, and it was put in K's garage so it wouldn't get stolen while he parked outside her house.
the canopy is not related to the jeep. It is a pop up canopy. Jeep is a Renegade with lift out panels.

I could be wrong but the 'canopy' referred to is I think some kind of cover that instacart drivers use, to ensure contactless delivery I guess.
The Jeep roof we covered in post 425 (AZ - AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021) and the position of the rear roof panel was wedged under the front of the Jeep - see my post 865 (AZ - AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021)

Last edited:
Well I thought I would go down the rabbit hole a bit further. I went through the police report and summarized the behavioral evidence, as a number of folk on the thread have mentioned it as a possible causality.

source: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf
pr = ‘police report page number’.

Could not talk to his sister. (pr 11)
Disconnected conversation with co-worker Ken. (pr 4)
Has ‘same odd conversation’ with sister and her boyfriend. (pr 40)
Cut off his hair. (pr 39)
Co-worker Roger says ‘something up with him’. (pr 39)
Texts ‘emergency’ to sister but does not respond further (pr 34)
Waitress in waffle house noticed he was ‘out of it’ (pr 35)

From various other reports (anecdotal)
Up all night on a gaming binge the night before (post 762 in this forum)

Trip to San Francisco at approximately the end May appears to be roughly the point at which DR's behavior started to change. No need to go to San Francisco for marijuana, it is legal in California and he could have gone to Santa Clara or San Jose which are nearer his sister’s house in Fremont, where there are over a dozen cannabis dispensaries that offer walk-in purchasing.
So why San Francisco? One reason could be that he went there to obtain a product that is illegal but widely available on the street in San Francisco - meth.
I did a bit of research and found, via The Atlantic online magazine, that there is a new kind of meth manufactured illegally and sold on the street quite cheaply. It is called P2P meth and has a devastating neurological effect on users within weeks.
source 1: Methamphetamine DrugFacts | National Institute on Drug Abuse
source 2: Know the Risks of Meth
The behavior of DR that I selected above does seem to broadly match the checklist of the effects of this new, dangerous meth, I publish this as a data point only and not a hypothesis.
The more I work this one, the more I believe DR was a nice kid and had the love of his family. I hope they get closure.

The original article in The Atlantic online magazine that brought this new meth to my attention is here:
‘I Don’t Know That I Would Even Call It Meth Anymore’

Well I thought I would go down the rabbit hole a bit further. I went through the police report and summarized the behavioral evidence, as a number of folk on the thread have mentioned it as a possible causality.

source: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf

Trip to San Francisco at approximately the end May appears to be roughly the point at which DR's behavior started to change. No need to go to San Francisco for marijuana, it is legal in California and he could have gone to Santa Clara or San Jose which are nearer his sister’s house in Fremont, where there are over a dozen cannabis dispensaries that offer walk-in purchasing.
So why San Francisco? One reason could be that he went there to obtain a product that is illegal but widely available on the street in San Francisco - meth.
I did a bit of research and found, via The Atlantic online magazine, that there is a new kind of meth manufactured illegally and sold on the street quite cheaply. It is called P2P meth and has a devastating neurological effect on users within weeks.
The behavior of DR that I selected above does seem to broadly match the checklist of the effects of this new, dangerous meth, I publish this as a data point only and not a hypothesis.
The more I work this one, the more I believe DR was a nice kid and had the love of his family. I hope they get closure.

The original article in The Atlantic online magazine that brought this new meth to my attention is here:
I actually read that article and thought of Daniel and several of our other young men who are missing. Terrence Woods, Ian Solheim, Jason Landry, and a few more I can’t remember at the moment. I’m sure there are more that may fit a pattern. MOO. I wonder if there’s a thread in the basement about this or something related.

Have they had this new set a remains for a long time? It takes forever to get DNA back so I’m curious how they know it’s not him.
Generally it's by the age of decomposition of the bones. The skull for example was very old, had no teeth, etc. I assume the fibia and tibia might be older and I thought I had heard the pelvis was found which can clearly indicate male or female.

I actually read that article and thought of Daniel and several of our other young men who are missing. Terrence Woods, Ian Solheim, Jason Landry, and a few more I can’t remember at the moment. I’m sure there are more that may fit a pattern. MOO. I wonder if there’s a thread in the basement about this or something related.
Didn't you post a link to that article as well?

Generally it's by the age of decomposition of the bones. The skull for example was very old, had no teeth, etc. I assume the fibia and tibia might be older and I thought I had heard the pelvis was found which can clearly indicate male or female.

true. Just the rate of decomp in the desert would be pretty quick. If female then I hope that they identify them and give a family some closure.

Marijuana is legal in Arizona too, and most dispensaries have been selling recreationally to 21+ since the beginning of this year. Meth is also very popular in Arizona too, being a boarder state we unfortunately get first dibs on a lot of dangerous drugs.

One might of had different more accessible connections in California though for Meth or other street drugs.

I often see the laminated flyer for Daniel when I am out on hikes. I keep my eyes open no matter where I’m hiking, even if it’s 10 miles or so away from the Sun Valley/Cactus area. I so wish he could be found. I attended a search, and when I looked at the area where his car was found plus the areas where cadaver dogs hit, I could see what an impossible task it is. We had a decent monsoon season this year so my concern is that moving sediment has covered him.

Attachments

• 4E1AC6EC-213C-4209-95E6-1E9AE86E9680.jpeg
    4E1AC6EC-213C-4209-95E6-1E9AE86E9680.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics