AZ AZ - Emily Hieber, 19, Yuma, 3 Feb 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wondered what did happen to her?
That age is so delicate and precarious 'cause many fall into an impressionable phase where being cool or the "hippie" or whatever moniker and dangerous actions makes one just so popular.
At that age, it's all fun and games without the consequences being weighed in to the decision-making process. They think it could never happen to them--that they could never get addicted.
So young and naive in many ways.
And very difficult to get a message through to.

It's unfortunate. If you read through her FB page you get a sense for her lifestyle. I really think she had started on the road of turning herself around. She was very active on FB and then it just stops. Very sad.

umm in that obit, that is a different deceased Emily Hieber, from Kirkland WA

Emily from Yuma is still missing (her mother is Jenny Jimenez, per video)

So, Emily has been almost 2 years now (Feb 3rd)...

Yuma teen still missing after two years
54e1465d2bb32.image.jpg

Every lead followed up on. Out-of-state interviews conducted. Rumors fretted over and dismissed. Yet Emily Lynn Hieber remains missing. It's been more than two years since the 19-year-old also known by the nickname "Hippie" suddenly disappeared.

Ever since Emily went missing, the Yuma Police Department has continued to investigate the case and to provide her family with answers, however, there have been no new leads in her case to follow up on. And the case is getting cold.

"We are doing the best we can. Every day gets harder, but we have to be strong and keep going and not give up for Emily," said her mother, Jenny Jimenez. "We still have hope, absolutely. There is no reason not to. We are still hoping to find her and bring her home." The absence of Emily, who has not been seen or heard from since Feb. 3, 2013, is like a media blackout. Nothing. No phone calls, no texts, no instant messages, no posts on social media, for which she was consistently known to do. On that cool Sunday in February, she made her last post on Facebook.
She also owned a black and brown Miniature Pinscher named “Bruiser” who has also not been found.

Jimenez said the family desperately wants to find out what happened to Hieber and is begging anyone who may have any information about her, no matter how insignificant it may seem, to come forward with what they know. "I'm begging. Emily needs to be home with her family. Somebody needs to help us get her here," Jimenez said. "All we care about is finding Emily. We need to know where she is. I don't care about anything else."

The family continues to offer a $5,000 reward for information leading them to Hieber.
Making matters worse, Jimenez said her family was told the day before the two-year mark of Hieber's disappearance that since no new information has turned up, her case is now being considered a cold case.

Yuma Police Department spokesman, Officer Joe Franklin, explained that while there is currently no detective assigned to the case, any news leads or tips that develop will be investigated and followed up on. "Being a cold case doesn't mean it won't be investigated," Franklin said. "The case won't be actively investigated until a new lead develops."

Yuma police began looking into Hieber's disappearance on March 22, 2013, after her family reported that all contact with her had stopped in the beginning of February.
http://www.yumasun.com/news/yuma-te...cle_193014e2-b579-11e4-ae1b-3bfe90d3e8c1.html

I wonder if she is in one of those "off the grid" places like Slab City ,CA....

Her story really breaks my heart. She seems like such an old soul for her age. Can't imagine being a meth addict before being a legal adult.. She must have some heavy weight on those shoulders of hers. I hope she decided going off the grid would be best for her and she is happy and healthy somewhere.. Hopefully she'll reach out when she is ready. Hate to think anything else!

from the piece that los2188 posted:
http://www.yumasun.com/news/yuma-te...cle_193014e2-b579-11e4-ae1b-3bfe90d3e8c1.html

I don't think I'd read earlier that her dog was also missing, that kindles a bit of hope that she has just gone off the grid as Topcat suggested though I'd think the $15,000 reward would convince somebody to talk if she was alive and well.
Who knows she could change her look and be known by another name. Those people on government land are living in a different bandwidth than the rest of us for the most part and don't like to draw attention to the area nor appreciate those who do in a not so subtle way.

still missing: http://www.kyma.com/local-teen-missing-for-three-years-without-a-trace/

Many rumors have been swirling around town about Emily’s disappearance, but police still have no solid leads that have lead them to her. Jimenez says her biggest fear is that someone hurt Emily.

Dave McDowell, private investigator, said, “We’ve got leads that Emily has been taken to Mexico held against her will, that she’s gone someplace else in the United States.”

McDowell says they have come up with 150 names of people associated with Emily.

McDowell believes the people who have the best information aren’t disclosing it. “We have some leads, a guy in El Centro, but his attorney wont let him speak.”

McDowell says there are hundreds of groups of people involved in the meth underworld, and Emily was out of place.

McDowell said, “Emily was in a place she shouldn’t have been for whatever reason. It’s a very dark, dangerous society.”

The Search for Emily Hieber

In Yuma County, the search for Emily Hieber is still continuing with her family members sharing on who she is and the last time they saw her.

Her grandparents Lynette and Larry say it's been over five years since the last time they saw Emily in person. They described her as someone who is happy, independent and who can always make you smile. She attended Kofa High School in 2012 and left during her senior year and has not returned home. Her grandmother Lynette tells us despite the recent leads and theories on Emily's disappearance, she still has faith that she is alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back