AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else I find very strange about this case is we haven't heard anything from any of EJ's foster parent's/placements or from the kids who were in care with her. I know if one of my former foster children was to ever get in trouble like this the other teenage girl's I had at te time would have been all over it. Does that seem strange to anyone else?

<<snipped>>-- they continue to try to control this case with ever-changing excuses for the things they have done wrong, but of course not until they are caught with the things they have done wrong --

My question for today---
Why would the Smiths call EJ in SA and offer their lawyer to help EJ get custody of Gabriel when they knew very well that is not what she wanted?

I believe at that point Logan had been awarded temporary joint custody, with a hearing scheduled after Christmas to determine permanent custody.

I believe the Smiths were still trying to 'run the show' and hoped if EJ came back for the hearing, they could still paint Logan as unfit and EJ could obtain complete custody. From that point, EJ could continue to leave Gabriel in the care of the Smiths. And the Smiths have experienced it taking more than 2 years to wrest parental rights from a non-custodial father. So maybe they figured that once they had Gabriel in their care, they could buy off Logan, or hope he would end up in prison again.

ABOUT DECEMBER 9: Since EJ took Gabriel to the Smith's and left him there, probably intending him to stay there permanently for adoption, then filed charges that Logan kidnapped him, DID SHE INTEND GABRIEL TO NEVER 'SURFACE' AGAIN FROM THAT POINT IN TIME....uh, well, until, you know....that he could be recirculated back into the system???

And if so, did she plan for Logan to be locked away forever for kidnapping?
And if so, did the Smiths plant this scheme in Elizabeth's mind?

Its important to remember that the Smiths were visited by LE that early morning Dec. 9, and from that point it is clear that they KNEW EJ had filed charges that Logan had kidnapped his own son! And they STILL continued to support her in her quest to gain full custody and to run. ! ! !

Okay, I have been looking for a picture to post so that I can illustrate what I'm talking about, but I can't find one, so I'll just have to toss it out there.

When I first saw the cup in Gabe's hand, my thought was that it was one of the toy sippy cups. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? They come with some baby dolls, and they have fluid in between the layers, so when they sit straight up they look full, but when you tip them upside down to feed the doll, the fluid goes into the cap to make it look like the baby is "drinking". Could it be one of those? And can someone find a picture?

Okay...I totally know what you are talking about. I have 2 girls.

Something like this....

sippy.jpg

ANYTHING is possible.

Maybe TS's daughter gave it to him because he liked chewing on it.

I was wondering the same thing. Also why was she never placed in her Grandparent's custody?

Something else I find very strange about this case is we haven't heard anything from any of EJ's foster parent's/placements or from the kids who were in care with her. I know if one of my former foster children was to ever get in trouble like this the other teenage girl's I had at te time would have been all over it. Does that seem strange to anyone else?

Hello everyone! I'm new here but have been following this case. There's just something about this sweet beautiful baby that has just captured my heart. I honestly feel is alive for these reasons...if I am wrong on one of these items please let me know.

- EJ sold her laptop before leaving town. That very computer could have information of a pre-arranged adoption. If she's supposed to be soooo smart, I'm thinking she wouldn't put all of her eggs in one basket with the Smiths especially when she knew LM wasn't going to sign off on anything.

-Why San Antonio??????? Why so long in SA????? She was waiting for something, for someone. Where did she get the SA cell phone?

-The phone call the sitter said Ej said "what am I supposed to do, go back?". Maybe that person said just wait, we need a few more days.

-The pictures...the police have had these pics for weeks and if they were so disturbing and leading them to think something bad happened to the baby then why would they continue to say they have evidence to believe this baby is alive, evidence that they can not release. I personally think he looks fine in the pictures. His clothes aren't that dirty and when my son was 8 months old I had to change his clothes all the time. Formula and baby food is a mess! He did look tired in some of the pics. I would be interested to know the order of which the pics were taken. Does anyone know?

-The babysitter and the Tylenol. TS even said he was teething when she had him...he's 8 mths old. If EJ told the dramatic babysitter to give him more medication if he started crying maybe she thought he was crying because he's teething and that would explain the sad mood as well. Maybe he acted scared because he didn't know who this total stranger was that was holding him..

-The Smiths... My honest gut feeling about them is they helped her getaway but did not help with the actual illegal adoption. They may have but I think they thought if she went away LM would sign the papers and EJ would return the baby. They could of put her in touch with the right people to arrange an illegal adoption. They are involved somehow but I don't think they know where the baby is now.

-Why EJ won't talk... This evil woman does not want LM to have the baby no matter what. I know some people are saying she's not talking because she killed the baby (i hate even typing that). I think when she told her grandpa that she's going to serve time for kidnapping anyway, why should she talk-she meant- she wants whoever has him to keep him not LM and she's willing to serve the time to make that happen especially since she's going to serve time regardless. Remember he ruined her life and she wanted to do the same to him.

I think the adoption took place the morning before she got on the bus to Florida. Wasn't it originally reported that the last known sighting of EJ and the baby was in the SA park, after the awful phone text/call she made to LM?

I hoping this is how it went down with her using the hotel computer and the library computer. I am thinking she went to the library when the sitter showed up. The clothes are typical of a girl her age and the babysitter could be exaggerating again....

I know this may just be a hopeful scenario but is it possible?

Welcome and good, post -- I think I and a few others have posted most of these same thoughts throughout -so join the group!

IMO I would add that one reason the Smiths may not know where he is because EJ herself said she did not want a chance to change her mind--she seemed to feel very strongly about this -- so the Smiths may have still helped her with this illegal adoption-- at least connect her to someone in that area

Thanks for your input

This is only a theory, but,I think she was using Craigslist to get clients. I went to SA CL and looked at adult services-- the listings there are backwards. As in it is the Johns soliciting services to be performed. These two posts caught my eye. Post One. Post Two. Both from 12-22.

I don't think she sold her laptop, I think she threw it away to dispose of it and to set up an alibi for the money she was getting while prostituting. She was working part-time at CVS...

I don't think a shelter had anything to do with it. I think that is TPS obfuscating the investigation.

I take it you are a social worker?

I too have worked as a counselor with many prostitutes having been in the Psych/substance abuse field for over 15 years. This is probably I why approach cases like this form a profiler POV. Prostitution fits the profile that appears to be emerging on EJ. And the internet has become the new "red light district".

Over the past decade, I have noticed an alarming large increase in middle class involvement in sex trade (a great example off of the top of my head is how the word "pimp" has crept into the vernacular as a term of adulation in males). The prostitutes and strippers of today are younger and prettier than in the past. I think the net is partially to blame as *advertiser censored* has been normalized and sexual addiction is on the rise along with STDs.

The only part of that I will disagree with is the social worker part. I actually just volunteer. (But I'm a wimp, so not so much in the winter.):)

Something like this....

sippy.jpg

ANYTHING is possible.

Those look very cool. Question though -- would you give an 8 month old one of these? They see liquid, and when it doesn't come out they start screaming? I know my son would. One looks like real orange juice too! Maybe though he was teething and needed something to chew on. Lots of possibilities.

Good sleuthing :)

Mel

Something like this....

sippy.jpg

ANYTHING is possible.

Yes. That's the kind that I meant. It was what I thought when I first saw it. I've been trying to find one a comparable size and color to what Gabe had.
Thank you or the picture.

Those look very cool. Question though -- would you give an 8 month old one of these? They see liquid, and when it doesn't come out they start screaming? I know my son would. One looks like real orange juice too! Maybe though he was teething and needed something to chew on. Lots of possibilities.

Good sleuthing :)

Mel

This would all depend on the baby. My son loves to play with his sister's toy bottle that has that disappearing liquid in it. He doesn't get upset at all, I suppose because he sees her play with it.

I don't know if this was cleared up or not, but that thing Gabriel had in his mouth was a fresh food teether, not a medicine dispenser. Google fresh food teether and you'll see a pic of the exact same one that was photographed with Gabriel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...fcdcba7&itemid=370319023518&ff4=263602_263622

Funny how two people can look at something, and see two totally different things. I see no resemblance between this teether and the thing Gabriel is holding, other than two orange rings that, other than general color, look nothing alike.

It looks exactly like the medicine dispenser to me. There is no doubt in my mind!

Holy posts, batman! I had appointments and this is my first time on all day. I skimmed through and it still took 45 minutes!!!

kissdegirl - thanks for reposting that pic. There's no doubt it's the med "sippy cup". You can even see the Safety 1st logo on the bottom.

My head is spinning from all the topics of discussion, I'm going to read through some articles and stuff and see what else is out there today . . . .

Look at this close-up again, at the bottom of the cup, you can tell from the part that is on top that there is a straight edge, just like the medicine dispenser.

http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Pr.../Details/2359-49825-Bottle-Medicine-Dispenser

This is the closest I can find. I REALLY do think it's the medicine dispenser.
Googling Baby Medicing Bottles, or medi-nurser brings up some different ones.

ETA: Note that this holds up to 15 ml. Would be FAR TOO MUCH tylenol. JMO.

Sorry, this was already posted, for some reason the picture didn't show up for me before.

OK sorry for the O/T, does anyone here follow the Haileigh Cummings case?
Was sleuthing around and saw a blurb that her dad was just arrested. I'm off to check it out but wanted to share the news for any who follow that case.

ETA: It was both her dad and Misti. Arrested on drug charges yesterday.

Ok so does everyone think that she filled the medicine dispenser full? I can't decide if I think it is filled full or if it just the way the liquid ran towards the nipple as it was tipped that makes it look fuller. ?????

http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Pr.../Details/2359-49825-Bottle-Medicine-Dispenser

This is the closest I can find. I REALLY do think it's the medicine dispenser.
Googling Baby Medicing Bottles, or medi-nurser brings up some different ones.

ETA: Note that this holds up to 15 ml. Would be FAR TOO MUCH tylenol. JMO.

Yes, my son was getting 0.8mL per dose at that age. So that would provide for 18.75 times the normal dose. No telling if that is Tylenol in there though, or how much if it is (even though it's obviously more than 1mL).

Ok so does everyone think that she filled the medicine dispenser full? I can't decide if I think it is filled full or if it just the way the tylenol ran towards the nipple as it was tipped that makes it look fuller. ?????

Do we know for sure it was tylenol in that med dispenser? Or just juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste