AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would (did) LE leave Gabriel with the Smiths when they found him on the 9th/10th? I know that EJ had signed over temporary guardianship to them, but I think that if LE gets a report from a mother that her baby's father has hidden the baby and then locates the baby with some people who say have papers that same mother signed giving them permission to have the baby, LE should have taken Gabriel away and given him to his falsely accused father or put him in a foster home until they figured out what was going on. In my mind a woman who falsely reports her child missing has no right to assign guardianship to anyone.

That is a million dollar question, and one I look forward to the Tempe detective explaining.

Why would (did) LE leave Gabriel with the Smiths when they found him on the 9th/10th? I know that EJ had signed over temporary guardianship to them, but I think that if LE gets a report from a mother that her baby's father has hidden the baby and then locates the baby with some people who say have papers that same mother signed giving them permission to have the baby, LE should have taken Gabriel away and given him to his falsely accused father or put him in a foster home until they figured out what was going on. In my mind a woman who falsely reports her child missing has no right to assign guardianship to anyone.

Right, they charged her with filing a false report, right? And they LEFT GABE WITH THE SMITH'S....because he was SAFE there??!!?? Yeah, okay, THAT was a big mistake. And makes no sense to me.

BBM

This is something I just don't understand!! WHY, WHY would this child be given back to a woman you falsely reports him kidnapped? This day and age these things should not be overlooked!

I think there is a possibility that the liquid in the medicine bottle (or teething feeder) is Benadryl or generic Benadryl.

gabriel-johnson-in-hotel-room-31.jpg

GenericBenadryl.jpg

GenericBenadryl2.jpg

http://www.drugs.com/benadryl.html
Snip:
Symptoms of a Benadryl overdose include extreme sleepiness, confusion, weakness, ringing in the ears, blurred vision, large pupils, dry mouth, flushing, fever, shaking, insomnia, hallucinations, and possibly seizures.

No truer words were ever spoken!!

However, rather than see Gabriel go to foster care, Logan might have talked with the Smiths and been persuaded that Gabriel was better off in their care until the legal matters could be settled. He may not have fully realized at this point what they would resort to in taking his parental rights away. They may also have underestimated how deeply he really cared for Gabriel and how hard he would fight to keep him in his life, as EJ had a way of contorting his intolerance of her antics into not being a good father. Pfffttt.... And I can see now why TS would buy into THAT one hook, line, and sinker. pfffttt again!

It was on one of the NG interviews. I think the earliest one??? I remember this too. Analisa said that Elizabeth wanted to take Gabriel to her (Analisa's) house. Analisa said it wasn't a good idea because they have pets and it wasn't really babyproofed (paraphrasing).

I'll try to find the transcript for this and ETA it.

ETA: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/14/ng.01.html

Snip:
GRACE: Analisa, when you first got there, is it true that she asked to take the baby to your house?

ANALISA: Yes, she did. She asked if I could watch the baby at my house, that she didn`t care how far it was, that she was willing to drive.

GRACE: What did you say?

ANALISA: I told her that`s not a good idea because my house is not suitable for a baby. We have pets. We have cats and a dog.
:End Snip

My t houghts is she just didn't want any one to know where she was staying at? Because she had checked in under a false name right?

http://www.kpho.com/news/22125969/detail.html

The Smiths told CBS5 they are confident little Gabriel is alive. They were in contact with Elizabeth Johnson up until she was arrested, and they could hear Gabriel through the phone in the background.

"I heard the baby babble... I heard the baby cry, " Smith said.
They even received text messaged disputing the threats Elizabeth made about hurting Gabriel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA: NG trans.
T. SMITH: Not until the very end. Well, actually the first time, sorry, was through MySpace and that was that day when Logan called me and we -- me and Logan for the first time got hooked up talking and she had contacted me that way.

I think we probably sent a couple e-mails back and forth through MySpace and then that was it.

GRACE: What were the gist of the e-mails?

T. SMITH: Pretty much telling her -- you know, I think the first one was basically you need to give us a call and then there was one that I had sent I think I was telling her to call Detective Aguilera. Was it Detective Aguilera? I think -- yes, Detective Aguilera.

And that Detective Aguilera told me that he was a negotiator by trade and that maybe he could help her out. And I told her that he was really nice all this stuff. And then the police asked me to do another e-mail to her basically stating that if she would bring the baby to any police station and just have them confirm, go to any police officer and confirm that he is, in fact, alive and well.

GRACE: And?

T. SMITH: And I never heard back after that one. I didn`t hear anything back.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/20/ng.01.html

Too many inconsistencies - too hinky on their part and they have not given any one a valid reason why they are doing this

BBM. Not on Dec 27. Tammi has stated that Elizabeth refused to talk with her via phone on Dec 27, and would only text her.

ETA:

TAMMI SMITH: Sunday the 27th. And that was the day that she would not communicate with me by verbal. She only communicated by texting and telling me that she was out of range because she was driving.

Smiths Take Polygraphs in Missing Baby Gabriel Case
Aired January 8, 2010
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/08/ng.01.html

That does not make a lick of sense. She's driving (she caught the Tornado bus at 1 pm on 27th) but wouldn't talk but would text?
Still don't believe Tammi. JMO.

So, is anyone watching NG tonight? What is she talking about? I am personally boycotting her as she ticked me off so much over her cosseting of the Smiths and her feeding lines to the babysitter.

Thank you, very well laid out and good thinking.

The ONLY thing that creeps me out is that on Dec. 9, the Smiths must have known that EJ had filed false charges for kidnapping against Logan, and yet still had no problem supporting EJ filing more false claims (CC). And they show no outrage whatsoever with EJ telling Logan she killed Gabriel, as evidenced by Tammi's coaching her with "Logan pushed you off the ledge" comment. That's some really messed up thinking.

I really really want to believe that Tammi had no clue what Elizabeth was up to, but then we KNOW she knew of all the other illegal schemes up to the point that EJ ran, even coached and participated in some. So its hard for me to give her a pass from Dec.18 on.

Thank you, OL.

Tammi was a track to get Gabriel. She had tunnel vision. She had it so bad, that she didn't realize it when Eliz went rogue on her.

Elizabeth is secretive, per her grandfather. She gets an idea and nothing will get her off it.

Tammi and Elizabeth are very much alike in that. But... they each had ultimately differing agendas. Elizabeth is the stronger of the two.

I don't see Tammi as coaching Elizabeth. They recognize the tendency to manipulative in each other. Tammi was simply giving Eliz a suggestion.

Listen when Tammi asks "and who told you that?" about Eliz getting arrested for kidnapping. Listen to Eliz when she responds. She says "Logan"... and laughs. She was delighting in the game.

But Elizabeth will do what Elizabeth wants to do. If anyone was the puppet, it was Tammi. Elizabeth used Tammi until she didn't need her anymore. Then she lied to her, telling her she was only taking Gabriel for a visit with Logan, and she ran. She didn't give a hoot about Tammi. She just wanted to get Gabriel away from Logan no matter what.

Tammi is a deplorable person. Elizabeth is far, far worse. And much, much smarter.

:cow:

Too many inconsistencies - too hinky on their part and they have not given any one a valid reason why they are doing this

Wayyyyyyy too many lies. Someone suggested an Excel sheet for all the lies. THAT would be a great idea. imo

The big question for me at the moment is how did those Temporary Guardianship by Power of Attorney papers get drawn up so quick. Ok, maybe that is a rhetorical question on my part. If you look at Tammi and Jack's interview on Jan 4, they are really getting a horrible picture out to the public of Logan. Of course, they claim they never really checked anything out. And, why does Tammi keep proclaiming at that time that she thinks Gabriel is still in San Antonio?

LE goes by what they see and hear from all parties. They saw a young couple fighting and they saw a couple who was older, with one child in their very nice home, established couple with the proper paperwork for that moment and they made the best judgement call they could at that time. He saw he was safe for the night. Then I would guess they educated the parents on what they would need to do and that was for LM to establish paternity, which he did.

Thank you, OL. <<snipped>>

But Elizabeth will do what Elizabeth wants to do. If anyone was the puppet, it was Tammi. Elizabeth used Tammi until she didn't need her anymore. Then she lied to her, telling her she was only taking Gabriel for a visit with Logan, and she ran. She didn't give a hoot about Tammi. She just wanted to get Gabriel away from Logan no matter what.

Tammi is a deplorable person. Elizabeth is far, far worse. And much, much smarter.

Thank you BeanE. I think you've just convinced me. But I'm afraid that doesn't bode well for Gabriel.

Wayyyyyyy too many lies. Someone suggested an Excel sheet for all the lies. THAT would be a great idea. imo

I k now! I thought about attempting that but got exhausted just at the thought!

I believe she would stay in jail the rest of her life to make sure he was safe from the person she wants to keep him from (Tammi Smith)

Guess when she is saying this? Jan 4th. It had only been a few days, why would she say this if it hadn't been talked about between the two of them. If they had talked about it, then that probably indicated Gabriel is hidden not dead.

So, is anyone watching NG tonight? What is she talking about? I am personally boycotting her as she ticked me off so much over her cosseting of the Smiths and her feeding lines to the babysitter.

Lol, not me. Gotta get my Vampire Diaries fix. (*vv*)

That does not make a lick of sense. She's driving (she caught the Tornado bus at 1 pm on 27th) but wouldn't talk but would text?
Still don't believe Tammi. JMO.

Had Elizabeth phoned Tammi, the natural thing for Tammi to do, to verify that Elizabeth had indeed not killed Gabriel, would be to tell Eliz to hold him up to the phone and tickle him or something so she (Tammi) could hear him.

Elizabeth was pretending at that point and possibly as late as Dec 29 that Gabriel was still with her.

But one way or another, Gabriel wasn't with her, and she couldn't take the questioning from Tammi as to why Tammi couldn't hear him over the phone.

Had Elizabeth phoned Tammi, the natural thing for Tammi to do, to verify that Elizabeth had indeed not killed Gabriel, would be to tell Eliz to hold him up to the phone and tickle him or something so she (Tammi) could hear him.

Elizabeth was pretending at that point and possibly as late as Dec 29 that Gabriel was still with her.

But one way or another, Gabriel wasn't with her, and she couldn't take the questioning from Tammi as to why Tammi couldn't hear him over the phone.

So was Tammi in shock and denial at this point? What do you think was REALLY going on in Tammi's mind at this point? Was the whole strange reaction post traumatic syndrome, or was it cover-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89